When Will a Gen III Coupe be Available? I Want One Now!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with amantoby...I'll be calling Bill shortly if this pans out.

Won't ever replace the GTS but I will certainly be adding a black SRT-10 Coupe to the mix. Some cars I don't even debate over getting. This will be one of em.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm - there's either some REALLY good locks on the SRT Coupe's info or this is BS.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if the info is accurate. DC will be look at the excitement generated by all the "I WANT IT" posts and make decisions based on potential sales. I'd say looking at the responses, THEY SHOULD BUILD IT NOW! (in yellow)

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have just sold 3 of my ZR1's to clear space and get funds.I would not sell them for any other reason!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not forget these cars will only go to VCA members!! :2tu:

Actually, provided the past is an indicator of the future, they will only go to owners of Vipers who purchased them new and still own them - I'm a VCA member, but not the original owner of my car, and thus likely will be excluded, as before.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they should do a certificate program for GTS owners only, and the front of the line for those who didn't bash the SRT convertible! Flame suit on.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they should do a certificate program for GTS owners only, and the front of the line for those who didn't bash the SRT convertible! Flame suit on.

I agree!! I was the official name keeper of all SRT negative comments.LOL

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys are both wrong. They should first go in order of the number of Vipers owned, second to Viper owners who track, third to Viper owners who actually DRIVE and lastly to posers and garage queens.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys are both wrong. They should first go in order of the number of Vipers owned, second to Viper owners who track, third to Viper owners who actually DRIVE and lastly to posers and garage queens.

Now you're getting personal! Me not like that idea.

PatrickG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Counting the days until the Gen III comes out. Then I can pick up a "cheap" Gen II :headbang:

Vulture-GnaeX :)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They first ones in line should be the people that purchsed Comp Coupes. These are the people that are actually doing the R&D for Dodge. Don't worry there should only be about 75 people in the front of the line.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think first to multiple original car owners who still have them (more than one). And who didn't bash the SRT. That should reduce the size and make them all early cars.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't count on getting a Gen II cheap. I'd still keep mine and flog the piss out of it and then go stylin' in the new Gen III coupe! :2tu:

OP
OP
A

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if the info is accurate. DC will be look at the excitement generated by all the "I WANT IT" posts and make decisions based on potential sales. I'd say looking at the responses, THEY SHOULD BUILD IT NOW! (in yellow)

My sentiments exactly, but what's it gonna take for DC to get the message AND get the word out that a Gen III Coupe really is coming.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My sentiments exactly, but what's it gonna take for DC to get the message AND get the word out that a Gen III Coupe really is coming.

That and the fact that those 'build it and they will come' or 'sign me up now!' comments have been bounced back and forth since the SRT came out. Is DC or PVO getting the message?

Compe Coupe for the street!!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another possibility is that Dodge will release a removable hardtop for the convertable. Similar to the one used on the "Carbon".
They did this before. Designed for the RT/10. They even gave them as gifts for those attending the Monterey VOI.
This would give those who want a closed car another option.

NATE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another possibility is that Dodge will release a removable hardtop for the convertable. Similar to the one used on the "Carbon".
They did this before. Designed for the RT/10. They even gave them as gifts for those attending the Monterey VOI.
This would give those who want a closed car another option.
IMO a removable hardtop is NOT good enough. I don't even want the option of a vert'. I am just not a vert guy and never will be.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: When Will a Gen III Coupe be Available? I Want One Now!

I posted once in this thread already, but I didn't re-read any of it til today. 30 days and counting????

I'm in, DC can I send a check directly to you guys now? Blue w/ White stripes please!

Remember......Take the comp coupe, just add lights, turn signals, and a horn and you are done! Leave the roll cage, carbon fiber, all the switches, etc... Oh, add carpet and cover a good race seat in leather and add one on the passenger side just the same. Keep the race heritage in the street version!

DO NOT CHANGE A SINGLE LINE OF THE COMP COUPE BODY TO THE STREET COUPE BODY!!!!!!!!!

DC, I'm free on weekends for design and style input.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DO NOT CHANGE A SINGLE LINE OF THE COMP COUPE BODY TO THE STREET COUPE BODY!!!!!!!!!

Almost impossible. I wish it could be done, but the front end would scrape so bad! The tail too. I guess a lift device like the lambo murcielago has might be an option? Otherwise I agree.

NVViperTech

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The PVO rep. said that he would not comment on whether or not there would be a Gen III coupe produced. Several people at the Viper dinner in Las Vegas last month were asking him. You have to know they will produce it....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang