When will we see the ACR at the Ring?

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas? GM is of course marketing the ZR1 much better than Dodge ever would the ACR Viper. It is pretty damn impressive, but I (and people that actually know what a track car is) still know the ACR is the REAL track car, from the chassis to the suspension, to the aero, to the N/A motor. Would just be nice to see it get its due respect...
Gauntlet thrown: Corvette ZR1 laps the 'Ring in 7:26.4 - Autoblog

With all that being said, I love all this American (for the most part) muscle! :usa:

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing my part how 'bout the rest of you with new ACR's, let's go show these guys what a real car can do!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Do we know if any of our European friends will be getting an ACR?

Would really like to see this beast at the Ring ....

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing my part how 'bout the rest of you with new ACR's, let's go show these guys what a real car can do!
Have you done anything except lapping? Where? Times? Vids?

I suspect that Dodge could care less about the Ring, since the car is selling out and they don't have to do a thing except publish HP numbers. Eventually, a privateer will take up the challenge. Probably the French. LOL. Just my guess.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Could you tell us how it was adjusting the ACR from the stock street settings to the track settings. What did you find works the best?

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not secret that the Viper has been losing some ground over the years in the respect category, most of it has to do with marketing. I know the ACR could set a record lap at the ring, and if it did it would really put the Viper back on the map. Too bad dodge just doesnt seem to care..:(..theve got to much to worry about to be thinking about brining the ACR to the ring, hopefully somone ships it over.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares what it does at the "Ring". I want to see the ZR1 and the ACR run head to head on some US tracks for some Mag articles then we will see who is faster, I'm hoping its the ACR.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we know if any of our European friends will be getting an ACR?

Would really like to see this beast at the Ring ....

none over here, Dodge/Chrysler UK arent even selling the 08 at all !!! ........ :dunno:

Be nice if Top gear got their hands on as well, come on Dodge marketing !

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it goes to the ring so it can have more bragging rites... I think it might even boost some sales of it.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if someone from Europe ordered an ACR already? If so we need to contact that person and go around the top brass at Dodge, because they clearly aren't listening to us on THIS occasion unless they are planning on some kind of huge surprise with a HP bump to trump the ZR1 and anything else but the Veyron... seriously, can anyone in the know tell us if an ACR is coming to Europe (Germany would likely be the destination)?
If I would have any track experience I would gladly do the driving for free, all I would have needed is an ACR, a sunny day, a prep team and time. All experience I have now is just backroad racing with about the worst preparated car anyone could have :smirk:...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just getting a car is no good, you also need a decent team to prep it and a local driver who knows the circuit so he can squeeze the very best out of the car, thats what all the manufacturers do

even better get one there on the 31st august and ill drive it myself :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just getting a car is no good, you also need a decent team to prep it and a local driver who knows the circuit so he can squeeze the very best out of the car, thats what all the manufacturers do

even better get one there on the 31st august and ill drive it myself :2tu:

You got one person in your prep crew already if that works out :2tu:
Hell if we can set up a prep crew through the VCA (like paying a contingent of people from Archer Racing to jump accross the Atlantic Ocean with VCA funds?) you got yourself a can-do-all mechanic here that can do maintenance, car cleaning AND maintain a parts department at the same time.. that's what I currently do for a living anyways.
If Dodge can't do it, maybe the VCA can by just DOING it?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of two people getting an ACR here in Europe...top secret for now.
Sorry for you, guys!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be nice if Top gear got their hands on as well, come on Dodge marketing !

So they can do a hack job on it like they did the last version? No way. Forget it. Jeremy Clarkson doesn't deserve to drive an 08 Viper. American car hating tea bag blow hard that he is. I don't want to hear how wonderful a TVR is but a Viper *****.