Where do most mount their Valentine 1?

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine about a month ago. Works great, saved me once already.

Where do most of you mount yours? In the viper or in another vehicle.

I did the visor mount for a bit but changed it up to a windshield mount. Only concern is an unobstructed view for rear detection.

I like the low profile mount options as well...anyone use the concealed display mount??

thanks, just looking for ideas

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just above the rearview mirror on the drivers side of the rearview mirror support using the suction-cup windshield mount, wire tacked down on the inside of the windshield edge with clear silicone caulk, remote unit on the top of the steering column (so the lights of the main unit aren't visible from outside the car [RT/10]).

In fact, I use the same mounting location on all vehicles that I've mounted Valentines in (six or so - currently the Viper and a Durango), with the exception of the motorcycle, where I mount it on top of a tank bag using velcro. I find the suction-cup windshield mount works best for the V1, and will stay on for literally years.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Passenger side above the mirror and hardwired into the mirror power.
Only problem is this power is not switched so you need to turn the V1 off when you stop. Looks really neat though.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Passenger side above the mirror and hardwired into the mirror power.
Only problem is this power is not switched so you need to turn the V1 off when you stop. Looks really neat though.
Yeah - thats why I route the wire around the windshield edge (can't see it, even when looking for it, without putting your head between the window and dash and looking up) and splice it into the stereo power - I want it switched with the accessory power.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're in luck here. Given that our Viper bodys are fiberglass, (transparent to RF (Radar)), it does not make much difference where you mount it as long as you don't place a metal shield in the way. I put mine on the center windshield, as low as I can, to maximize optical visibility. Those who put it on the passenger side, all I can say is darn, why didn't I think of that?

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One further comment. The Valentine One is great. But, if you are getting any hits on "Instant on" radar, slow down to the speed limit. I loaned mine to a friend, and in one day he got a ticket. I was with him, and we got a few hits on the "Instant on" band. I was not familiar with this, because it was my first experience with it in Indiana. So, I did not think too much about it. A little while later, a policeman (doing his duty) driving in the opposite direction, clocked us speeding. Lesson learned: If you detect an "Instant On" Radar, slow down immediately to the speed limit, and stay there until you do not detect "Instant On" for at least 30 minutes.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you read the owners manual of the V1 it will explain that the higher up and closest to the center(of the vehicle) will be the most effective

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High up is the best location, but make sure you don't get it too close to the radio antenna mounted in the top of the windshield -- it can cut your performance. :crazy:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on the next to mirror position. And I mounted the remote on top of the steering column (Gen I/II). Makes it easy to see and press the button for silencing it.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ditto on the next to mirror position. And I mounted the remote on top of the steering column (Gen I/II). Makes it easy to see and press the button for silencing it.
Putting the remote display on the steering column (aside from getting the lights out of sight of other cars - such as that police officer on your rear bumper) also puts the arrow display conveniently near the speedo, which reduces possible needed reaction time. I actually press the button on the unit itself to silence it, instead of trying to reach around or through the steering wheel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang