where to check engine for vin number

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone im new to these forums. Always been a Chrysler guy but was looking into maybe getting a 4th gen 2008-2010 Viper. I was trying to find out if I find one where to find the vin number for the engine to make sure its a numbers matching car and i read possibly on the passenger side rear of the block is that right? If so is it as simple as getting the car up on a lift and looking there or are there going to be some shields or other things in the way that need to be removed first?

Also anything else i should look for issues wise? Trying to find a low mileage car like under 20k miles and figured id ask the pros who know more about these cars beyond just the specs.

Thanks!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well obviously your new to the forum. Next time try the search feature or use google.

Below is from a post dated 1/17/07 from the Viper Wizard himself;

There are two numbers on your block, VIN & motor serial # and you can't get yours on line. It will only give you a range of motor numbers to build dates.

VIN#: The number is located on the rear of block just below the right cylinder head.

Engine serial #: The number is located on the lower right front of the block near the oil pressure sensor.

OP
OP
Siciliano15

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok well I was more asking like if I get the car up on the lift am I going to be able to see that part of the engine block or will it be covered or blocked by something like for example some cars use pieces to smooth out the bottom and make the car more aerodynamic stuff like that.