Where to get smooth intake tubes?

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking around now for a set of smooth tubes for my Gen 4 and Parts Rack seems to be the only place I can find that carries them by themselves (not part of a induction kit) but they are $149 for Gen 4. Are there cheaper alternatives?

OP
OP
T

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, the Home Depot didn't quite have what I needed but Will from RSI hooked me up for considerably less, thx Will!

OP
OP
T

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't looked at them before. Is that really what they go for?

From what I had been seeing, the Gen 4 tubes were going for about that. Snakeoyl Products had a package deal of the tubes plus K&n or Green filter and it was considerably more. I'm sure you could make your own for cheaper than I paid, but it was worth not dealing with the hassle.

OP
OP
T

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read claims as high as 10hp and as little as 0 so who knows. I would assume it's safe to say you won't "feel" it by any means, but its one of the cheaper mods out there and I'm starting out small :)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been gone over. The stock airbox and tubes are the best you are gonna get. I would save the $$ for something else.

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kurt! I ended up pretty sick last week after returning from SEMA. I will give you a call this afternoon.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This has been gone over. The stock airbox and tubes are the best you are gonna get. I would save the $$ for something else.
Agreed. The discussion I have had and seen, the stock box is the best your going to get, The K&N does not give any advantage neither does the tubes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang