Which High Flow Cats Should I Get?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why put hi-flow cats on now, when in another post you're talking about selling your car?

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my R/T's on last week, mated to a Corsa system. With the new R/T's I've noticed the idle note is a little louder and deeper. Not much change at WOT, unfortunately I lost some of my up and down shift burble. But, my sills are cooler and although I have yet to dyno the car, the Viper feels quicker--seat of the pants test.

My bottom line, R/T or Roe, you can't go wrong. It's worth it. Either burn up your $4-6K side sills with those bomb sized overweight stock cats, or pay $3-400.00 for a little more performance, comfort, and preventive maintenance.

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GUYS,

...What about the "Belanger 3-inch High flow ceramic cats"...thats pipes are made to directly bolt-on to their headers. This is also sold by Roe racing (is THIS what you guys were reffering to as the roe cats? better or worst?) thanks... :)

--- Kevin

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am Charlie Chan by the way if anyone must know.

For all you Cat Tech Experts, answer this question:
Which cats are better for a car with just bolt on's. Ceramic or Metallic? Does either one typically run cooler or flow better whether it be random tech, belangers cats, or roe ovals?

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am Charlie Chan by the way if anyone must know.

For all you Cat Tech Experts, answer this question:
Which cats are better for a car with just bolt on's. Ceramic or Metallic? Does either one typically run cooler or flow better whether it be random tech, belangers cats, or roe ovals?

Charlie,

Ceramic Cats would be best for "bolt on" applications. They are good for up to 650 HP.

Yes, the metal cats flow a bit better (and cooler) to handle higher HP applications. They Cost about $100.00 more too.

Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960