Which vendor carries the Borla catback?

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who usually has the Borla catback in stock and do prices vary widely between vendors or are they pretty much the same? I've had it with the stock exhaust on my RT/10. Sounds pathetic for a car of this caliber. BTW, can I expect any hp gains (that have been verified on a dyno)? Going with Borla on my Z06 gave me the sound that I was looking for but not much of a performance gain.

Paul

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul you might want to check out corsa & balenger both excellent systems. I have corsa on my 01 GTS & balenger on my 04 SRT10. My son has the Borla stinger on his 03 corvette,sounds great. Partsrack will hook you up with excellent prices but watch out for the crabby old guy who works there. Look under site sponsors for Partsrack.Paul :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

If you are going to do the install yourself, you can purchase your Cat-Back directly through Borla. I am not sure of the cost now, but when I inquired with Borla last October, it was $949.99 plus $36.56 shipping. I have not dyno'd since adding the Borla Cat-Back but I definately like the sound.

Don

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul you might want to check out corsa & balenger both excellent systems. I have corsa on my 01 GTS & balenger on my 04 SRT10. My son has the Borla stinger on his 03 corvette,sounds great. Partsrack will hook you up with excellent prices but watch out for the crabby old guy who works there. Look under site sponsors for Partsrack.Paul :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Paul,

Thanks for the heads-up. From what I've heard, Corsa's note is quite a bit tamer than Borla. I'm really looking for that deep rumble that I have on my Z06. I've also read great reviews of Belanger headers but only ok reviews of their cat-back. My original thought was to go with Borla because I've been happy with it on the Z06. I'll give Partsrack a try.

Paul

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm having my tuner do the install because he wants to dyno the Viper before and after. This way I only pay for the install and get the dyno free.

Paul

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard lots of them and decided to go with Borla...haven't regretted it one bit!!!!! The others all seem tamer than the Borla.

Only real complaint I have heard on the Borla is 'drone' in the GTS. I've always had an RT/10, so I wouldn't know.

Finally, I remember seeing a post or two about someone selling them on Ebay for a pretty good price...otherwise, jonB is a safe bet!

Good luck!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One note about the Mopar Borla cat back. It is made to fit the stock cats at 2.5" diameter. If you get after market cats at 3" you will need a add a reducer which of course creates back pressure. I had to cut my mufflers off and install a Dynomax 3" straight through to get rid of the reducer.

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One note about the Mopar Borla cat back. It is made to fit the stock cats at 2.5" diameter. If you get after market cats at 3" you will need a add a reducer which of course creates back pressure. I had to cut my mufflers off and install a Dynomax 3" straight through to get rid of the reducer.

Hmmmm, good to know. I wasn't planning on going with the high-flow cats until I found out they can reduce heat build-up. I guess I can leave the stock cats and just buy the kit to insulate the side sills?

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, I have the mopar borla catback on my gts and love it!
the kit straight from borla is a lot cheaper than the mopar and can be bought through most of the venders on here or through summit racing. Just a warning make sure they have it in stock because at in january i ordered through borla and it was on back order and was told it would ship in two weeks and never did, waited over a month and kept getting put off, canceled the order and ordered it from mopar. If your decide to go with mopar check out mopartsracing.com, give lawrence roundtree a call and he will give you the best price on the mopar system. The number is on the website and his price is cheaper than what the website shows. Good luck
Jerry

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmmm, good to know. I wasn't planning on going with the high-flow cats until I found out they can reduce heat build-up. I guess I can leave the stock cats and just buy the kit to insulate the side sills?

I'm confused... why would reducing heat be a bad thing? You should DEFINITELY go with high-flows. What I did was cut off the 2.5" reducer from the catback, and attached the 3" high-flows from JonB. Works/sounds great!