White SRT10 does a 360 down the drag strip...

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it kinda funny that the car continues to slide even once it is not really moving forward. That last little bit almost looks like it IS on ice.:dunno:

Almost as if the Vette left a oil slick there knowing his time was going to be beat.:rolaugh:

Robert

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Izover4u..... Thats kinda funny. :smirk:
It WAS almost over, but for the car!;):rolleyes:

Izover4u - If you are reading this, you were lucky man! Remeber to thank your angels watchin over you! It is amazing you never hit a wall!:omg:

Robert

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Look at the last second or two before it comes to a complete stop. Something was on that track or it was really wet.

I find it kinda funny that the car continues to slide even once it is not really moving forward. That last little bit almost looks like it IS on ice.:dunno:

Almost as if the Vette left a oil slick there knowing his time was going to be beat.:rolaugh:

Robert

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT IS SCARY! Assuming a dry surface, is this what a Quafie style of diff is suppose to fix? My car always pulls to the right too when I lose traction with my factory diff. Never spun it completely like in that video though. If I did, I would have no feeling in my legs to drive it afterwards.

Question aside, I would say that the track temp is just too low for the tire temps. I notice in my 06' that when it is 40 degF out, it spins all over the place with my factory run flats, but take that temp up to 80 degF and no spin at all.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Would be interesting to hear from the driver what happened. Is it possible he missed a shift as that would have the same effect - ie hit first when he was trying to slam 3rd?

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Yup that was me this past weekend at Great Lakes Dragway in WI. The temp was around 38 degrees and way to cold to be running the viper hard :( Here's what happened...

This was my third pass of the day in which I managed to pull a 2.0 60ft slipping the clutch. Realizing i had a better hookup i slammed it into 2nd and she began to fishtail. I slowly left off but got back on to early and the rest is history:(... As the car began to spin all i could remember is saying to myself "please stop please stop" while trying to keep it from hitting the wall. I definitely have an angel watching over me, and yes my shorts are still wet:lmao:

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, 38 degrees is much too cold for it to ever hook up, you have a guardian angel looking out for you.

I was hoping the track crew would be able to warm up the track with what ever they spray on it but I guess it really didn’t do to much for me :(

Before i spun out I did manage a 12.5 @ 120.xx with a 2.3 60ft :drive: slipping and sliding down the track:crazy2:

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is your car stock powered? What tires are on it?

Green Filters and Corsa cat back w/PS2 tires...

I think I may order a Quaife, Unitrax half shafts, and Roe Racing high flow cats over the winter... Never want to relive that 360 experience again. I'm hoping the Quaife will help keep the rearend under control under hard acceleration and shifts.

Last edited:

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn you lucky dude. I was there back in OCT 25th. It was probably in the low 40's but I got my stock (yes the factory tires). the right side was the worst I was fishtailing almost half way I was like ***?! But manage to pull a flat 13 then tried the left side...what a difference. I had my tires down to about 18psi and came out of the hole nice and easy with almost no wheel spin then shift into second (with the gas off) and then the rest was all speed shift. Manage to break the rears even in 4th gear. I pulled a 11.8 @ 125mph with 2.04 60ft time. only got comp coupe exhaust with no cats. You are lucky dude. WOW.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green Filters and Corsa cat back w/PS2 tires...

I think I may order a Quaife, Unitrax half shafts, and Roe Racing high flow cats over the winter... Never want to relive that 360 experience again. I'm hoping the Quaife will help keep the rearend under control under hard acceleration and shifts.

I did a 360 once in mine (on a fairly deserted freeway not track). The car would always get squirrely if I spun the tires or hard shifted even in a straight line. I recently put the quaife in and man it just plants under you even if its spinning. A vast difference. Cann't tell a lot daily driving but I tell you what I feel a lot more assured knowing if a wheel spnns im not going to be driving backwards :D

Snakewatching

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a 360 once in mine (on a fairly deserted freeway not track). The car would always get squirrely if I spun the tires or hard shifted even in a straight line. I recently put the quaife in and man it just plants under you even if its spinning. A vast difference. Cann't tell a lot daily driving but I tell you what I feel a lot more assured knowing if a wheel spnns im not going to be driving backwards :D
OK

This brings up a great question

If your spouse also drives the viper once in a while and she has a heavy gas pedal foot once in a while - and you don't want her to trash the viper - would you:

A) add a Quaife
B) add race logic traction control
c) both A and B

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If money is no object why not both?

A) Quaife is going to improve a sound drivers ability and safety a lot

B) The race logic will give plenty of nanny control to keep her safe

D) Last option is to ummm NOT let her drive it?:dunno::rolaugh:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd get the race logic traction control for her. Inexperience even with a quaife can still get her hurt.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had alot of rwd cars my last one was 05 S2000 modded to nearly 500rwhp and when I first picked up my Viper down in FL I was scared to drive or punch it because I hear alot of crashes with these cars. To be honest, They where no different than any rwd cars I've had. I think its the driver ;)

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had alot of rwd cars my last one was 05 S2000 modded to nearly 500rwhp and when I first picked up my Viper down in FL I was scared to drive or punch it because I hear alot of crashes with these cars. To be honest, They where no different than any rwd cars I've had. I think its the driver ;)

It is but you cann't buy them or experience either:lmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32