Who here still can't decide on exterior color

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am at a total loss. Stryker Red would be beautiful, but not $10k+ beautiful.

I really wish there were better colors of the blue and gunmetal, so hard to tell what they look like so far.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I'm not considering Stryker Red, but I'd love to see much better paint chips of all the other colors.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT in yellow looks really good IMO. And I am not a yellow car type of guy. The white will be sick with the track pack /black wheels.

Would love to see some more colorful options, like 08-10 offered however.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that I can get my hands on a STRYKER RED....(even though I haven't seen it in person!).....!! I haven't seen one picture of it that I didn't love.

However if that's not doable....my next (potential) colour would be the Gunmetal Pearl....but I'd definitely have to see it first in person to be sure I liked it.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Options for the 2001 was Sapphire blue with sliver stripes and the solid color. Gunmetal and the blue color have not been seen on a car yet. I am doing the waiting game. Thinking of a 2014.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which?

My boss gave me a blanket stamp of approval.

Tempted to wrap it anyway :nono:

my user name is a dead giveaway ;) first viper for me. always wanted one in the past but never had the means. corvette convert as well.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, do you think that's gts blue or shadow pearl blue? Its absolutley fantastic.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Shadow Blue and the Gunmetal are both darker than Sapphire Blue and Graphite , respectively. Having seen the Shadow with silver stripes,though, it still is striking like the Sapphire was in 2001. Would imagine a Gunmetal with silver stripes would have the same pop as the Graphite and Silver did !?

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Shadow Blue and the Gunmetal are both darker than Sapphire Blue and Graphite , respectively. Having seen the Shadow with silver stripes,though, it still is striking like the Sapphire was in 2001. Would imagine a Gunmetal with silver stripes would have the same pop as the Graphite and Silver did !?

Do you know if dealers will get paint samples before order time?

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's GTS blue. Shadow is gonna look kinda like sapphire blue or the more recent blackberry pearl.
I thought gts blue will be only for launch edition which means without white stripes is not possible, but lame it looks fantastic!
Where did u see that combination? Damn thats my gen v :D

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, do you think that's gts blue or shadow pearl blue? Its absolutley fantastic.
Yeah Sad
like Bob said, it's gts blue. I'm always amazed at how much of a difference the shape of a car impacts a paint. I never really paid that much attention to blue until I saw it on the genv gts hood and front end.
That color is wicked on the car which is why I don't think you need stripes on the gts hood. It looks so nice and curvy when the light hits the paint I think the stripes take away from the looks in this case. jmho

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Sad
like Bob said, it's gts blue. I'm always amazed at how much of a difference the shape of a car impacts a paint. I never really paid that much attention to blue until I saw it on the genv gts hood and front end.
That color is wicked on the car which is why I don't think you need stripes on the gts hood. It looks so nice and curvy when the light hits the paint I think the stripes take away from the looks in this case. jmho
Yep, but I still think they'll not allow GTS blue without stripes out of the factory as a prodcution car!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol thx guys :)
idk y I thought it's not available without the launch edition maybe I thought everything about it was exclusive!
now I'm back in the delimma of color deciding!!

Nambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. I was all set for a white SRT with track pack and black stripes, now that solid GTS Blue is awesome.....

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol thx guys :)
idk y I thought it's not available without the launch edition maybe I thought everything about it was exclusive!
now I'm back in the delimma of color deciding!!

Me too. I was all set for a white SRT with track pack and black stripes, now that solid GTS Blue is awesome.....

Hahaha
Sorry... didn't mean to screw things up with that awesome picture above. :lmao: