Why haven't we seen any Gen V info yet?

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the 2010's all but sold out you would think that Dodge would feel comfortable enough to finally tease us with a some information and pictures of the next Generation.

If they plan on bringing it out as a 2012, there is surely a ton of work already completed on it. Where's the goods:dunno:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chevy already unveiled the 2013 Vette! Maybe the new Viper will be a 2014 model? Besides, 'sold' prob just means that some enterprising dealer has them all 'ordered' on a hedge that there won't be a 2012 Viper....?

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but, they are not sold out, they are merely sold to dealers who will inventory them...

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something tells me we will see some stuff @ VOI 11. Ralph is trying to make sure he gets there even though he will be in europe during that time. If not some drawings....maybe a concept. :2tu: Wishful thinking I know but a man can dream. :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge wants to sell the 2010's. If they start leaking info about the Gen-V (if one even exists), everyone will hold off for it and the 2010's will sit. This is bad for us and Dodge.

I hope the 2010's sell as fast as they hit dealer lots.

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was told at the factory last week they will say something in July..:)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2013 is my guess...

Honestly I just dont get it???

The 2008 is barely even "old" sure it's the same style since 2003 but on a vehicle this rare and this good looking you can keep that desighn goin and just keep makeing the car faster and handle better..

The 2008's..2009's..and now last year model 2010's all seem to be selling fine....

Not to mention...

-The Ring record
-Streets of Willow record
-10's stock in the 1/4 mile as high as 131 mph

Whay are we even waiting a for a genV???? Why arent they just selling this car for another year or two??????????????

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of govt. mandates coming. Side impact airbags, traction control, etc. Two years off gives them time to work all this in. The engine is certified till 2013? But more importantly...Chrysler needs to be profitable again before they will be willing to put R&D $$ into a car that only seats two people and starts at almost $90k.

I want a Gen. V as much as then next person but I will be willing to wait for it if I have to. :)
2013 is my guess...

The 2008 is barely even "old" sure it's the same style since 2003 but on a vehicle this rare and this good looking you can keep that desighn goin and just keep makeing the car faster and handle better..

The 2008's..2009's..and now last year model 2010's all seem to be selling fine....

Not to mention...

-The Ring record

Whay are we even waiting a for a genV???? Why arent they just selling this car for another year or two??????????????

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2013 is my guess...

Not to mention...

-The Ring record

"The Ring record", not any more.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't tell me you're gonna start up with that Ferrari 599XX stuff again. We've already concluded that it's not a production car, it's not street legal, it's better paired against the Radical than the Viper.

that's right, bring on a USA STREET LEGAL, completely unmodified powertrain and unmodified suspension car that beats the Viper in the Ring

(crickets)

-J

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the 2010's all but sold out you would think that Dodge would feel comfortable enough to finally tease us with a some information and pictures of the next Generation.

If they plan on bringing it out as a 2012, there is surely a ton of work already completed on it. Where's the goods:dunno:
Are you really confused as to why??

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new 911 GT2 RS will make its world debut in August at the Moscow Auto Show and will go on sale in the U.S. in October with a starting price tag of $245,000.:omg::omg::omg:

Lets see with 245K as a STARTING pricetag you can have 2 2010 ACRs with some spare change or .........a overpriced **** go-cart,:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly with the new 5th and 6th gearing of the ACR I dont see the 7.18 being too much of a problem..245K?????

WOW

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the 2012 Viper doesn't currently exist...then I really see no way it could make it to production for 2012. Unless it is based on the current car. I have been known to be wrong once or twice though. :)

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to mention...

-The Ring record

Streets of Willow Springs record? This is the first I've heard of this. Willow Springs is my home track and although I've got like 2,000 laps on the big track, I've done a half dozen events at SOWS in my Viper. I find it hard to believe SOWS is that much of a "Viper friendly" track being as tight as it is. Do you have any links?

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Streets of Willow Springs record? This is the first I've heard of this. Willow Springs is my home track and although I've got like 2,000 laps on the big track, I've done a half dozen events at SOWS in my Viper. I find it hard to believe SOWS is that much of a "Viper friendly" track being as tight as it is. Do you have any links?

I believe he meant to say Laguna Seca (1:33 lap time), and the basis of the Laguna Seca edition ACR.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine our best chance to learn more will be at VOI XI.

When the Viper faithful gather in Salt Lake City it is possible that our Chrysler friends will share as much as possible their thoughts and plans for Vipers future.

Traditionally they are unable to comment on future products, but you never know...

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we Viper guys are just a fickle group evidently. Unfortunately, the world of sales revolves around marketing hype that makes people actually DESIRE something. If Dodge doesn't start to build up some demand they will fall flat if & when the new car finally arrives. 'Ring times alone will not sell cars.

The May edition of Road & Track did a very large feature article on upcoming sportscars- HELLO. These companies are not afraid to show future product. Why does SRT choose to be a mouse instead of a lion?

This is what they gave information and photos/drawings of:

2013 Porsche 356
Porsche hybrid 918 Spyder
2013 C7 Corvette
2014 Audi E-tron R8
2015 BMW Vision Supercar
2014 Nissan GT-R
2014 Alfa Romeo Spyder
2012 Ferrari F70
2012 Porsche 911
2014 Dodge Demon
2013 Jag XE
2012 Mazda RX-7
2013 Lotus Elise
2012 Mercedes SLS Roadster

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Demon. With a 6.4L Supercharged motor an 7 speed paddle trans, it would be very attractive . Only small tweaks required.

New Viper must have super secret propulsion like Warp Drive. They must just be hiding it from Chevy. Remember what happened last time.

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dodge is playing it smart. Let the last few new legends be sold off the lots, and when they have something concrete, make a big splash. Don't dribble out information about a vehicle that doesn't even have finalized specs yet, that are subject to change, like they did with the Caliber SRT-4. They talked about 300HP in that car a year before it was released, and wound up releasing it at 285HP, and the car only lasted barely into a second year of production.

Keep the new Viper under wraps until it's ready for the spotlight, and let people enjoy the incredible 2010's.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dodge wants to sell the 2010's. If they start leaking info about the Gen-V (if one even exists), everyone will hold off for it and the 2010's will sit. This is bad for us and Dodge. I hope the 2010's sell as fast as they hit dealer lots.

I agree 100% with Kelly. And this happened several times in Viper's past:
The 96RT10 was a 1/2-year model due to GTS frenzy;
Dodge could hardly sell the last 396 cars in 2002....the VGX was fully announced.
And the entire 2007 line was scrubbed because the G4 was announced.

So I dont expect to see much hard data on any possible G-5 til Sept-Oct. By that time, the last G-4 Final-Final Edition should be sold.....heck, it might even end up in a role like the 360/360 G2 did...... Final-Finals are somewhat special. NO?

I think Dodge is playing it smart. Let the last few new legends be sold off the lots, and when they have something concrete, make a big splash. Don't dribble out information about a vehicle that doesn't even have finalized specs yet, that are subject to change.........Keep the new Viper under wraps until it's ready for the spotlight, and let people enjoy the incredible 2010's.

For a lurker, Spot-On !

Lawrenzo has 1 point: IF - IF - IF those other pie-in-the sky models go on sale, and in the Viper niche, Dodge has to be ready to protect the small market share they own with Viper, by releasing some info to counter SOB interest.

Last edited:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I will be the contrarian to my friend Jon.

Your history is correct. The difference now is soon there will be NO factory, and we are dealing with a company which may be in far worse shape than it competitors. (and under govt thumb) None of these factors existed before.

Add to all that the very few snakes that were mad in 09-- and how many still linger on lots, and the fact that the final 32 far as I know have not been sold to consumers (as opposed to dealers) and you have to wonder how in the world is anyone gonna sell a Gen 5 to the Board Room. I truly hope I am wrong.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I will be the contrarian to my friend Jon.

Your history is correct. The difference now is soon there will be NO factory, and we are dealing with a company which may be in far worse shape than it competitors. (and under govt thumb) None of these factors existed before.

Add to all that the very few snakes that were mad in 09-- and how many still linger on lots, and the fact that the final 32 far as I know have not been sold to consumers (as opposed to dealers) and you have to wonder how in the world is anyone gonna sell a Gen 5 to the Board Room. I truly hope I am wrong.

Unfortunatley I have to agree...I still see new 2008's for sale...
sorry but don't see a new gen in our future unless things change for the far better. So i will just enjoy driving mine now and not worry .

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Contrarian? I think we agree? I agreed with Kelly, and SRT4EVAH, and noted 1 pt to Lawrenzo....

Because spilling detail too early cost current-model sales, I'm saying IF there is a G5, keep it under wraps til the last possible minute. I think its a good sign that the next 25 ACR-Xs got approved. Now we need some -X orders.

I do know that some of the Final Eds are customer-sold........