Wife is a Viper mechanic!!

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I finally decided to fix the nagging oil leak I've had for a few months. After replacing the oil pan, gasket, wrapping teflon tape on the oil pan bolts, and every other trick known to the viper world, it was concluded that I either had a leaky rear oil seal or the seal retainer gasket had split. We went ahead and changed out the clutch, pilot bearing, slave cylinder and throwout bearing while were were at it. The flywheel was a little scorched but I didn't have another at the time so I just sanded it down.
The wife decides she wanted to get "intimate" with the car so I said what better way than to get under her (the car) and have at it.
tranny1.JPG

tranny10.JPG

tranny2.JPG

tranny3.JPG

Here's the leaking culprit
tranny8.JPG

Pic of wifey when she's cleaned up a bit
ellonvip.JPG

Thanks goes out to Chuck for getting the rear seal and retainer gasket out so quick.:2tu:

Last edited:

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been successful thus far in getting my wife into cars. We started last year with a big weekly show. By the end of the season it was SHE who was hounding ME to get home early so we could go. :D

I know she likes to drive 'em. Now I need to convince her that she either likes to detail them so it helps me save time. :idea: I'd show her how to wrench, but about all she'd be able to do is use air tools.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife would never help my work on my cars. In my case it's probably for the best.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the rear main seems to never be the factor-especially for a full circle.espesially in this pic. but a ton of clutch puntch

V

Venomiss

Good for you and for her!

Time to take her to some Viper events next.:D

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta find me one of those fix it ladies who are not afraid to get their hands dirty! :D

Step 1: Ditch yellow car.

Step 2: Purchase red car.

Step 3: Enjoy your newfound female friends.

Step 4: Send me a thank you card for offering tips to improve your life.

:D

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A Female that works on a car ? NO WAY, Impossable, must be doctored pictures.Unreal, I've never seen that in my life, & I'm old. WOW, I'm impressed. You surely better treat her Very Good.

OP
OP
C

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must admit, when it came time to torque the bolts, I took over. Not that she couldn't do it with the right length of breakover but I used the torque wrench on everything. She did manage the impact wrench pretty good when it came time to break the flywheel bolts loose though.:shocked:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
girls are capable of anything, allways remember.smart(dumb as a fox). i love them...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang