Window Tinting

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of you who had their windows tinted, can you tell me of your experience with them such as effectiveness, quality, and what type of film?

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would not drive without it, I use a 3m product, we have laws in Virginia that prohibits the Limo tint on the driver and passenger windows, so, I use a 50% rear tint and a 35% side glass tint..

I pay about $160.00 a car, and they do a flawless application, with a life time warranty...

Its is good stuff, my 02

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has 3M 20%. I am very pleased. No problems, no issues. I paid around $150 if I remember correctly.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until 3M releases their new dispersement technology film the best stuff out if Huper Optik out of Germany. They have a ceramic and a newer brand name "drei" that are unbelievable. You do not need darkness for them to be effective. Bad part is the Huper will not stretch enough for the back window, but to address the problem Huper rebadges film made by Madico that works on curved windows and matches the Huper color exactly.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 5% tint and love it. Works great and looks even better. Also they are pretty cheap so you can not complain. Paid something like $150.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've tinted both cars and like it. I don't like the fact that the window track leaves visible impressions in the tint over time.

I've tried the best I can find and it stil leaves impressions.

Good luck.

Dan

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering about the window going up a quarter inch when the door is closed, if after tinting there is a quarter inch gap between the bottom of the window and the tint?

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering about the window going up a quarter inch when the door is closed, if after tinting there is a quarter inch gap between the bottom of the window and the tint?

No gaps anywhere if properly installed.

OP
OP
V

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the replies; I definitely will get the windows tinted. It seems DC did very little if any tinting. The sun feels pretty strong here in Vegas, even in winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456