Wired article, sure to upset some... But interesting tidbit

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at some of the comments after the article.

If this beast can dip into the 2 second range in 0-60mph then I can see some of the ******** quartermilers easily hitting 10's. Still no real numbers yet. Maybe next week.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Parently he wudn't sufistikated nuff to turn da dial on da spenshun. The soft dial onuh GTS is cusheee, and I drov one too and eye nose...........it is definuttlee a daly drivur!!

Turn ta trac and it iz stiff and ready ta rumbell!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was almost an anachronism — an absurdly large engine driving the rear wheels, with little in the way of grace, manners or poise. It was to driving as a sledgehammer is to carpentry — a tool way too big and crude to do anything more than destroy everything in its path.

Funny, this is what I love about my Gen II.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe one day the writer will be able to write a check and buy a Viper as us dolts have done.

Maybe...maybe not.

I thought this was the weakest review of the Gen V I've read so far.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are people doubting this car will run 10s stock? I fully expect it. The gen4 was capable of it at 128+ mph. Honestly if I don't see 10s @130+ ill be disappointed.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are people doubting this car will run 10s stock? I fully expect it. The gen4 was capable of it at 128+ mph. Honestly if I don't see 10s @130+ ill be disappointed.

As soon as mine comes in I will find out. The 1/4 mile performance will be helped if you relocate the emerg brake bracket and use 18" wheels with either Mickey Thompson or Hoosier DR. It better run low 11's, my last ten runs in my heads/cam 97 have been 11.0x and 129.X. As a side note the available 19" DR's ****. The one downside (drag racing) of the Gen V is the inability to mount a 16" bias ply slick/wheel because of the rear brakes. Hopefully the launch control will offset that, but, if you notice they seem to be having issues with the launch control.

Last edited:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parently he wudn't sufistikated nuff to turn da dial on da spenshun. The soft dial onuh GTS is cusheee, and I drov one too and eye nose...........it is definuttlee a daly drivur!!

Turn ta trac and it iz stiff and ready ta rumbell!
Datz funi rot thar! :lmao:

Sounds like this guy wants a car that's better at driving than he is... hmmm

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as mine comes in I will find out. You will need to relocate the emerg brake bracket and use 18" wheels with either Mickey Thompson or Hoosier DR. It better run low 11's, my last ten runs in my heads/cam 97 have been 11.0x and 129.X. As a side note the available 19" DR's ****. The one downside (drag racing) of the Gen V is the inability to mount a 16" bias ply slick/wheel because of the rear brakes. Hopefully the launch control will offset that, but, if you notice they seem to be having issues with the launch control.

You will not need to relocate the bracket or use 18" wheels to get this into the 10s, nor will you need a drag radial.

Gen IVs have already hit the 10 second range in stock form. Add 40 horsepower and take out some weight, it'll hit the 10 second barrier with ease.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not need to relocate the bracket or use 18" wheels to get this into the 10s, nor will you need a drag radial.

Gen IVs have already hit the 10 second range in stock form. Add 40 horsepower and take out some weight, it'll hit the 10 second barrier with ease.

Plus the revised gears.

Bruce

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a ten second car? Is it a rare event at some mythical track that always has a DA below sea level with a rarified driver? Not in my opinion. If the average Joe can't get the car into the ten's with stock tires day in and day out, it's not a ten second car in my book. If the average Joe gets the Gen V into the 11's I'll be blown away. VOI was point blank why nannies will really help out this crowd.

Bill your post was hillarious!

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a ten second car? Is it a rare event at some mythical track that always has a DA below sea level with a rarified driver? Not in my opinion. If the average Joe can't get the car into the ten's with stock tires day in and day out, it's not a ten second car in my book. If the average Joe gets the Gen V into the 11's I'll be blown away. VOI was point blank why nannies will really help out this crowd.

Bill your post was hillarious!

If the average Joe can't get a Gen V Viper into the 11s, he shouldn't be allowed to drive the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang