wireless intercom for driver & Navigator?

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a unit that will handle the high
decibals of 165+ mph. Last year my Navigator and I were
shouting at each other and hearing about 50% of what each other said! This year it would be nice to know what is over
the blind hill!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne. Several Silver Staters picked up a FM type in helmet intercom (Radio Shack or Honda store) They usually are noise activated, and unfortunatly loud cars cause them to become "always on" and useless. Since they may or may not work (most people returned them after the race) you must rely on hand signals with voice used only as a backup. Unless you use a closed helmet with visor down you will need a push to talk button which is dangerous at 165 mph. Enjoy the silver state. Wish I could join you.

PS The "Go Faster" hand signal is always welcome in a VIPER!

In a stock or slightly modified Viper Coupe just speaking loudly usually suffices.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chaparral has a bunch and reasonable prices. I use the Nady PMC-2. It cost about $70. Mine and others have had a head set go bad. Guess you get what you pay for. Call them 800-841-2960 or www.800-841-2960.com

Good luck at the Silver State! No spins, like at Willow. Just giving you a hard time.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NADY Communicators available at MOST larger motorcycle stores.

Be sure you buy a "duplex" intercom that allows both of you to talk at once....like a telephone does.

Due to motor and road noise, DONT get a VOX (voice activated) unit, unless VOX can be switched off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4