Woodhouse mounts

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the Woodhouse mounts were polyurethane? Either way...everyone that gets them says they are well worth the money.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're failing to give credit to the design work and testing that went in to this and most every product made today. You're also failing to give credit to the multi-million dollar machines that make most everything today.

Sorry, but you have to pay for that too, not just the $10 worth of raw materials in your hand. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know, I know... i'm just grumbling. ;) I have no choice but to get them... the wheel hop I get every once and a while makes me want to scream. So yeah, I guess I'm out the $300 bucks for the trans mount too. Blahhhhh.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Dave. They are worth the money and Woodhouse gives a lot of support to the VCA. Or you can try and make some yourself with some rubber and metal...

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they are a great product. I just got the Woodhouse Performance tow hooks.

Bruce

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are well worth it. besides, no one else cared to make them for the Viper, and we owe them a big thanks and our support for that alone.
plus MJ goes out of his way to help anybody anytime.
we should give him a monthly fee!;):lmao:

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed the mounts in my stock GTS and loved them; handled better and felt more like one with the viper. It shake a bit more then normal some say but i didnt notice.

If your putting out big hp, Id just do the woodhouse trans mount.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they had an order for a high volume quantity like 5000 parts, then sure, the up-front investment costs of tooling and design can be spread out and the price would be much less.

Regardless, for what they are, it's a decent price and they are zinc coated for anti-corrosion and better quality overall than the originally equipped mounts which weren't coated which do rust, and the stock rubber has a shorter life span.

They're definitely not ripping anyone off, they are a good deal considering the costs to make them and I highly doubt they are making much of a profit making them because they are not a manufacturer, and it surely was a genuine effort to support the Viper enthusiasts.

I'm glad that I bought them for what it's worth.

Cheers,
Mike

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a lot of research before getting them and ended up buying both the engine/trans mounts from woodhouse...

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed mine on my 08 and it is worth every busted knuckle, sweat and curse word getting the old ones off. ViperTony has a great DYI I followed even though his car is a Gen2.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting them soon also, the motor and trans mounts! Can't wait to see how it feels! =D

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I act like I already have history with them but just installed them while I am rebuilding my engine. A bad engine/trans mount might have caused the miss shift I had which might have cause the engine problem... Looking forward to seeing and feeling the difference!!

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread just reminded me that I had the WH engine and trans mounts installed on my Gen4 for over 2 years now, they are so natural to the Viper that I almost forgot how bad it used to hop when new. Now that I can launch hard without wheel hop I broke a rear halfshaft, so while your at it order the Woodhouse tow hooks too, they are detachable and may save your front bumper and lip spoiler if you ever get the car towed.

You must be registered for see images attach

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was given their engine and transmission mounts for a xmas gift :) I will be installing them in a few weeks when it warms up a bit more....can't wait!!!

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hard to shift into second right now so I assume I need a new transmission mount. Do. I have to replace the motor mounts too if they were replaced a few years ago with new OE mounts? The motor mounts are the expensive part so I'd prefer not to if I don't have to

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hard to shift into second right now so I assume I need a new transmission mount. Do. I have to replace the motor mounts too if they were replaced a few years ago with new OE mounts? The motor mounts are the expensive part so I'd prefer not to if I don't have to

Not sure your issue has anything to do with your mounts.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too can recommend all the Woodhouse mounts :1up: Ive been throwing my car around all day today, it was more like a rally course, brilliant fun non stop gear shifting/braking/accelerating for over 2hrs of hard driving, I also have the Solid billet aluminum Trans mount (to also stop any flex). The car felt like a go cart :drive:

Just fit the lot and go and have fun :1up: