Z06 spied and already talks of "Viper killing"...

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Z06 spied and already talks of

FWIW, I weighed mine on a track scale @ Roebling - a little over 1/2 a tank of gas, harnesses, BK 4 point bar, camera, helmet without the spare inflator and it was 3088 lbs (3538 with me in it). It was stock otherwise.

DT

450lbs...great googily moogily! do you have to put the top down to get in and out? My dad's a big guy (especially around the middle) and I literally had to put the top down so he could get in and out, he couldn't even think about getting behind the wheel. Something tells me you had a typo.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I new high HP Z06 (500 or more) with larger rubber and upgraded handling components will give the current SRT-10 fits. But it will still be a vette, in my z06 I am an average joe, but in my viper i am rolling.

I agree but the same could be said "A Viper is the average Joe compared to a Ferrari."

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heheheh - no I did it purpose, just making sure everyone was paying attention :laugh: I posted something like that a couple of months ago on the Vette boards (it took those guys several weeks to do the math) - finally, someone in a very PC tone asked something along the lines of "not that it's a big deal, but, ummm, are you really 450 lbs??"

FWIW, my Z06's weight is accurate, the added weight for me was _not_ :)

Cheers!

DT

[quote450lbs...great googily moogily! do you have to put the top down to get in and out? My dad's a big guy (especially around the middle) and I literally had to put the top down so he could get in and out, he couldn't even think about getting behind the wheel. Something tells me you had a typo.

[/QUOTE]

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I new high HP Z06 (500 or more) with larger rubber and upgraded handling components will give the current SRT-10 fits. But it will still be a vette, in my z06 I am an average joe, but in my viper i am rolling.

I agree but the same could be said "A Viper is the average Joe compared to a Ferrari."
Mopar426:We have talked several times. You seem like a good guy but I'm starting to question whether your really a fan of the Viper. The reason is,is it seems like whenever you have a chance you will take a subtle jab at the Viper like your last comment. You seem to always try to put the Viper in a negative light and we all know how hard that is to do. Maybe I'm wrong but I have my eye on you!!! ;)

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mopar426:We have talked several times. You seem like a good guy but I'm starting to question whether your really a fan of the Viper. The reason is,is it seems like whenever you have a chance you will take a subtle jab at the Viper like your last comment. You seem to always try to put the Viper in a negative light and we all know how hard that is to do. Maybe I'm wrong but I have my eye on you!!! ;)

yes, the viper is not as "pimping" as the ferrari, but viper owners seem to acknowlege this and respect the more exotic cars.........while vette owners bash on vipers and mustang owners bash on vettes........vipers owners dont need to bash, it seems we respect high grade sports cars, unlike the most of the vette and mustang clowns

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yes, the viper is not as "pimping" as the ferrari, but viper owners seem to acknowlege this and respect the more exotic cars.........while vette owners bash on vipers and mustang owners bash on vettes........vipers owners dont need to bash, it seems we respect high grade sports cars, unlike the most of the vette and mustang clowns

Please tell me you aren't implying Viper owners don't bash? :lol: Not only they DO but they bash the same brand Gen I&II bash Gen III which is worst in my eyes. EVERY car owner thinks there's is the best, it's only natural, and I have read MORE thana few here that bash Ferrari and Lamborghini, do a search.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please tell me you aren't implying Viper owners don't bash? :lol: Not only they DO but they bash the same brand Gen I&II bash Gen III which is worst in my eyes. EVERY car owner thinks there's is the best, it's only natural, and I have read MORE thana few here that bash Ferrari and Lamborghini, do a search.

I agree with you Mopar. I am not a "Viper guy". I like fast cars ... period. Sitting around stroking each other on the internet and putting down everything but what you own is pretty weak. Passion is one thing but ignorance ... well that's another.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Viper needs to worry about Ford not Chevy.

Why? With only 3,000 GTs planned for production it is already a lame duck. I'm not worried about seeing any at the track.

As for the Shelby concept, bring it.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i never read any viper owners bashing ferraris or lambos,maybe they do and i dont know. all i read is they prefer the viper over the other cars for various reasons.

what cars do u have MOPAR26??? by the way

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i never read any viper owners bashing ferraris or lambos,maybe they do and i dont know. all i read is they prefer the viper over the other cars for various reasons.

what cars do u have MOPAR26??? by the way

Check my sig at the bottom, the list just includes my classics and performance cars not my daily drivers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte