ZO6 versus Supercharged Viper? HELP!

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I raced this yellow Z06 back when my car was bone stock (other than K&N air filters) I admit I lost. I don't know what year his car is but it's loud. He lives close by me and I see him often. He gives me this &%$#ing grin all the time as if he owns me or something. I know it may sound crazy but this is one of the reasons I decided to go with the supercharger. Anyway, this guy talks so much nonsense that I hear from others about how bad he "creamed my 80 thousand dollar viper" and he can smoke me any day of the week! :rolleyes:

The guy knows my car is supercharged but he wonders how much more hp could I have? He told a common friend of ours that he doesn't care what I have -- now he's got nitrous :p .

Here's my question: How much more hp could this guy have with nitrous on a worked Z06???? Will I embarrass myself again or do I stand a chance? I know my car is very fast. I'm also thinking about better tires?

I appreciate any thoughts,
Lou

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He could easily add 200 horsepower, but I seriously doubt he's anywhere close to 736 rwhp OR 678rwtq! Go spank his ****! Make sure you have traction or it's a waste of time!

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on how "worked" it is before he added the nitrous. I've only heard of nitrous systems going up to 200 hp.

When you raced him when you had K&Ns, how bad did he beat you? You'll have to provide times, speed, split times, difference between cars (car lengths) if possible. Maybe someone can help out estimate how much hp he had when you two raced.

I'd rather be "blown" than "worked". :D

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get DLM to add a small shot of NOS to go with your boost or better yet invite him when you see him out to go on a cruise .... hammer it numerous times .....He only has a limited number of fast runs in his bottle and you have UNLIMITED number of fast runs......then after you have emptied his bottle...... race him and you will spank him. Then you tell his buddies your car is fast all the time not just part of the time.Then he has only excuses!

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhh, fun with the neighbors... gotta love it. Wish I had some fun cars to play with myself...

The guy sounds like a [******] if he beats you once and then brags about it to everyone in your neighborhood.

Granted, I'd probably brag too if I was a non-Viper owner and beat a Viper.

But he could have shown some class and been the "big man" and came up to you and said "Hey, nice race. I spanked ya pretty good huh? <chuckle> That's a great looking car." and maybe a little bit of smack-talkin, such as, "Let me know the next time you want a spankin'!"

He deserves to say that and could have been cool about it. But to hide behind his *** HP Z06 and then talk smack behind your back says to me he may have a sweet hot rod, but he's making up for something missing in his life. - sounds like he's overcompensating for his other "hot rod"... a mini-Cooper perhaps (figuratively speaking)? ;)

The important question isn't how much HP he'll get with NoS. The question is "Do you care if he beats you again, as long as you get to go home in a Viper?"

It may hurt your pride for a day or so to lose to a Corvette, but it'll pass.

In fact, put it this way:
- Viper owner losing to a Corvette once - hurts my ego
- Viper owner losing to a same Corvette again - really hurts my ego. Time for upgrades?
- Dejectedly going home after losing to a Corvette, parking in the garage, going upstairs then back downstairs to check out the magnificent curves of the Viper that will surely bring a smile back to any Viper owner - PRICELESS!

I still hope you beat him any future race and I hope you will do the Viper nation proud by being a good sport unlike he has.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like all you probably need to do is learn how to drive your car better. On high HP cars like the Viper or Z06, especially supercharged or with NOS, alot of it depends on driver ability. JMHO.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell him your faster all the time!! :laugh:

Lou, tough to say. I say race him! Keeps those revs up! Z06's are about what, 370 or so RWHP? IF, IF he added a 150 shot, you'll still have him hp HP/TQ wise I think. Plus, it will be hard for him to hook up on the street .. :laugh:

Gerld

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you need is some decent tires to half way hook the power. Blow the tires off and you are automatically behind if he can drive. You should not have a problem with this guy. Get the tires and race. Whats the worst that can happen....he tells everybody he beat a Viper......he is saying that anyway. If you have your **** together he will not be bragging anymore. DO IT SOON !!!!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would avoid adding a shot of N2O on a supercharged, cast-piston car. If anything, get a pair of those new Purner 18" wheels w/BFG g-force drag radials, upgrade your halfshafts (if not already done), and you will almost certainly tear him a new one.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a simular situation. Local guy has a 99 Z06 with a paxton supercharger (I figure 100RWHP adder) I have a 150 NX wet kit. He talks smack but has will/not raced me. I am thinking twin turbos next year will shut him up for good.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he would go beyond a 150 shot - even that is on the edge unless he has redone the motor to forged components. So unless he did that. you should take him if you hook.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would avoid adding a shot of N2O on a supercharged, cast-piston car. If anything, get a pair of those new Purner 18" wheels w/BFG g-force drag radials, upgrade your halfshafts (if not already done), and you will almost certainly tear him a new one.

I agree with Treynor, get traction and blow his doors off. No matter what he has done, unless he has gone very radical which you would be able to hear, he won't be able to keep up with your torque. I have the BFGs on Purner Wheels, I was launching at 3000 - 3500 rpm the other night at the track in terrible conditions and I was pulling low 1.70 60 foots, with little or no spin.

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot you guys for the help! But I don't think they make Kumo's in 18" do they? I'm thinking BFG but haven't heard enough about them on 18" wheels :confused: . Back when we raced he got the jump and I couldn't catch him but I was getting used to the car, it was new. He didn't beat me all that bad but tells everyone he smoked me :p . If he's spraying a 200 shot of nitrous what kind of mph could he run in the 1/4 mile? I was told they're light cars... how much do they weigh?.... I'll try doing the math in trap speed.

-Lou

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its a z06, i think theyweigh in around 3100 lbs, probably about 3300 - 3400 loaded with a driver, full tank of gas ect, and the zo6 makes about... 350 HP at the rearwheels stock.
-dan

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust your instincts Lou, use the force....

Seriously, isn't it amazing that everyone EXPECTS the Viper to win all the time? I think we put too much pressure on ourselves including other people. When I lost to a Mustang last month a guy in a pick up pull up and said "What happened you have a Viper?"

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spanked a Z06 w/a 100 shot by about 20 lengths in my 95 W/Nos,(125 shot). He spun those crappy runflats , while I hit the juice in first with my Kumhos. It's all about traction on the street. I met him while filling my bottle , he was filling also. He said " I have never been beat on the street" , so I thought he would give me a really good run. He kept saying "are we going to do this or not" , so we went to my favorite spot and his hot little blonde girl toy was not too impressed when I walked him. He just looked down and kept going. :cool:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you need is some decent tires to half way hook the power. Blow the tires off and you are automatically behind if he can drive. You should not have a problem with this guy. Get the tires and race.
Tony has it right......You can have more power than the other person with out traction its is useless..... If he gets you off the line and you are left spinning..... you will NEVER catch him.

Traction ~ tires first ......Prunner makes an 18" for the BFG..... myself and Fuelman have set. They were reasonable for rear 18" Viper rims..... DO NOT USE BFG IN THE RAIN !!!!!! (center of tires are slicks, thread only on outside edges of tires) Also you will NOT need to modify brake caliper with 18" rear rims on 2001-02.

Practice you launching technique...... find out how high of RPM you can launch on street with no spin.... or get in touch with Chris N. (Tfast4u) for his street launcher's guide to "Easy street money".

Good luck ..... be care and put him in his place......behind you...

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spanked a Z06 w/a 100 shot by about 20 lengths in my 95 W/Nos,(125 shot). He spun those crappy runflats , while I hit the juice in first with my Kumhos. It's all about traction on the street. I met him while filling my bottle , he was filling also. He said " I have never been beat on the street" , so I thought he would give me a really good run. He kept saying "are we going to do this or not" , so we went to my favorite spot and his hot little blonde girl toy was not too impressed when I walked him. He just looked down and kept going. :cool:
I wonder what they really are spraying, they say 100 but who knows? 3100 pounds is light -- What kind of mph will they run with 100 or 200 shot?

Thanks again
-Lou

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's spraying a 200 shot of nitrous what kind of mph could he run in the 1/4 mile? I was told they're light cars... how much do they weigh?.... I'll try doing the math in trap speed.
If that LS6 engine is basically stock he better have some unleaded racing fuel in the tank or else say good bye to that engine. If you go over to a forum with LS6 members and ask them, they'll tell you not to run a 175 shot or more without racing fuel.

As far as I know, I don't know of any LS6 cars with a striaght 200 shot, I do know one guy whose running a Two Stage nitrous system (WET) with a 75 shot 1st and 150 2nd which a lot of ZO6 owners have done if they go with a two stage Wet setup.

The guy I saw run with a Wet 2 stage setup and a few engine mods ran I think a 10.8 in the 1/4 but I don't remember the mph, the car was on drag radials and was seriously traction limited down the whole track almost.

Their light and repond awsome to nitrous, more so Wet setups, but if all he's running is a 200 shot (are you sure about that?) you will **** him bad, he might get you off the line unless you get some Khumo's or BFG's, but after that you should walk him like he's standing still with your power.

Does he even know what kind of numbers your putting down? That might change his mind......go slaughter him with the Viper :cool:

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fishtail,

Just ask that fool if he'd swap cars outright. When the predictable response spills from his lips, change your mind & tell everyone he likes your car better anyway.

By the way, I just spent 15 minutes at the gas station filling up; some yahoo, who's "never seen a Viper in person" ogled forever about how beautiful it was and how cool etc. Never driven one but his dad has Vettes etc.

Oh yeah, he's an insider too; apparently the 2005 is coming out w/ 500 hp. It's been confirmed according to him.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I was nice & thanked him for his compliments but warned him not to hold his breath on that one.

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does he even know what kind of numbers your putting down? That might change his mind......go slaughter him with the Viper :cool:
Nope :) In fact he told my friend I can't be making more than 150 more horsepower with a supercharger on a stock motor. That's what makes me laugh.
-Lou