2002 GTS FE Coupe Value

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short. A friend of mine sold his FE coupe, subsequent owner now wants to sell is as he has found a street rod he wants. Few and somewhat sketchy details that I know: It's #289 and has less than 300 miles on it. Accessories include, but are not limited to, MGW add-ons, smooth tubes, aftermarket floor mats and trunk mat, Borla performance exhaust including cats, Purner 19" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports (told they look like GT2 wheels, but highly polished), GT2 wing. I do know the car is as perfect as one can be!
Current owner looking for $63K. What do you think of the price and thanks in advance for your opinions!!

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it may be a steal. Many 2002 GTS have an asking price in the low 60s with a lot more miles than 300.

Add the FE factor. To some the FE means nothing...to others it may add value... it was the only year for that color combo and only 360 factory red with dual stone white stripes were produced.....and when the last FE rolled out of the DaimlerChrysler Conner Assembly plant.... the GTS was history...and even today the stunningly beautiful 2006 Viper coupe does not sport the GTS letters.

If I was selling mine and if it had only 300 miles on it, you couldn't buy it today for 63K

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread asks an interesting question. What are the effect of mods on the value of a Final Edition (vs. other models)?

Mods on a Final Edition look great, but you depend on a buyer that values the same upgrades. To maintain the Final Edition cache, you might want to consider mods that are returnable to stock if desired.

In this case, the low miles are great, I'd want the stock wheels, too, and the wing is a toss-up. [I'd see what it would take if you later decide to return to stock appearance.] Probably about right at $63K since there are fewer Final Editions being advertised.

Other ideas?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$63k is a great price, especially if the stock wheels are included. The only part I don't like is the wing. Also, with that low mileage, make sure it was stored properly. I bought #295 for just under $65k completely stock with 2400m on it this past spring, and there was someone lined up behind me ready to pay more.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing is the only thing that would really annoy me about this car. Being a FE, I'd want it stock or close to stock. The wing sounds like the biggest pain to reverse b/c of any holes that had to be drilled. $63k for low miles still sounds like a great deal.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing is the only thing that would really annoy me about this car. Being a FE, I'd want it stock or close to stock exzcept for the exhaust. I think any sportscar should have a loud exhaust. Vipers are no exception. The wing sounds like the biggest pain to reverse b/c of any holes that had to be drilled. $63k for low miles still sounds like a great deal.

OP
OP
H

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have passed on this. Anybody interested, I can get you in touch with the owner. Stock wheels and tires are not available. Wing does leave 4 holes if removed. Can probably be bought for $60K? Located in Northern CA. Thanks for all the feedback!

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought Red & White were offered in the earlier years of the GTS.

You might be thinking of red and silver. There are only 360 vipers available in red and white and they are all FE's.

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wifey's Viper

If you go to www.feviper.com, you can learn quite a bit about the FE. Several articles also confirm the unique factory color combo such as

"The coupes, which will represent the last 360 cars built on the 2002 Dodge Viper platform, will be the first production Vipers to wear a Viper red with dual stone white striped paint scheme. The white over red theme was the same one that carried the Viper GTS-R/T race car to motorsports acclaim with an outright win at the 2000 Daytona 24-hour sports car racing event and consecutive American Le Mans Series manufacturers championships."

Personally my favorite combo is the 96/97 blue/white ...