2008 Detail information

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dark GTS Blue. The Light Blue is scheduled to be the last color run first quarter of next year.

Viper585 --

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was hoping you would say that. Looks like my 08 will be Viper GTS Blue (again).

Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to know when Viper Violet was slated for production?

/Rich

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Violet is slated for the second round of production, along with Viper Black---Fall of 2007.

Thanks Smog Dog; while Viper Violet would have been interesting, I am more interested in speeding up delivery of the car, so Viper GTS Blue it is.

/Rich

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that the embargo date is already reached. Just received an e-mail from a VCA friend, part old, part new news:

Subject: The All New 600 HP 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 Available for Ordering May 1st

We are excited to formally announce to the VCA that the BIG DOG IS BACK IN TOWN! Dodge Dealers around the Globe are being notified that they may commence taking orders on the new 2008 Viper.
Here are some details our DCX/Dodge/SRT friends gave us in advance of the public announcement:

The ordering system will be open May 1st for the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe and Roadster. Viper is the All-American, hand built, exotic car featuring:
One-of-a-kind Styling and Exclusivity for the Street
- and -
King-of-the-hill Performance proven on the Race track

One-of-a-kind Styling and Exclusivity:
  • All new hood featuring an expanded intake scoop and 6 large vents
  • 2 body styles, 8 exterior colors (5 new), 5 stripe colors (2 new), 3 wheels (1 new), 4 newly optional two-tone interior colors, 2 new optional interior bezel finishes - enough personalizable options that every car could actually be one-of-a-kind
King-of-the-hill Performance:
  • 8.4L V10 engine with new cylinder heads, intake and exhaust and a revised block
- 600 HP, 90 more than 2006 8.3L and improved fuel economy
- Exclusive "CamInCam" articulating camshaft to achieve variable exhaust valve timing
- Tubular air gap headers and side exit exhaust without cross car routing improving cabin comfort
  • Significantly revised drivetrain to support added torque, improve drivability and ergonomics
- First in class twin-disc clutch for reduced pedal efforts and improved engagement feel
- Evolved Tremec 6-speed transmission with reduced friction and shift travel improving ease of shifting
- New, speed sensing, GKN Visco-Lok limited slip differential for faster response and improved corner exit traction

Included with the purchase of a new Viper, is the SRT Track Experience and membership in the Viper Club of America.

Production is scheduled to begin in July, at Conner Avenue Assembly Plant, starting with three exclusive colors. Check out http://www.drivesrt.com to see these colors on the new Viper as well as to view the remaining paint schemes that will be introduced throughout the model year:

• Available at launch:
- New Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat
- New Venom Red Metallic Clear Coat
- Viper GTS Blue Pearl Coat
  • Fall introduction:
- Viper Black Clear Coat
- New Viper Violet Pearl Coat
  • Winter introduction:
- Viper Red Clear Coat
- New Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat
  • Spring ’08 introduction
- New Viper Blue Metallic Pearl Coat

Although ordering is opening up early for the 2008 model year please be aware that the bulk of first month's allocation will not be shipped until the September time frame and that production will be on a very limited basis - so get your orders in NOW! Allocation of those orders will be based on previous Dodge, Dodge SRT car, and Viper sales.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Haven seen the chip, it did appear to be a pearlcoat and if it is similar to the Sublime on the Daytona RT Chargers, you will get a color that is very reminiscent of the 60s/70s colors , but that will explode in the sun. From 20 ft it appears to be enamel, very consistent to a classic color, but up close or as noted out on a sunny day ----get on dose shades !!!!:)

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are the options available? What is the white arc and graphite option for?

They are for the center console hydrographic overlay. When I placed my order with my local dealer he said his computer system did not give any details as to appearance. I ordered the "Graphite" on the assumption that it is the same as the carbon fiber hydrographic console available from Mopar. I have seen the "Light Arc" option on other Dodge vehicles and my best guess is that it is more of a lighter, brushed silver/aluminum look. Hope this helps.

The only options I had when ordering were (1) coupe or convertible body style (convertible with black soft top only), (2) exterior color (only choices at this time on the computer were Viper GTS Blue, Venom Red and Snakeskin Green), (3) stripes in various colors or no stripes, (4) soft touch black center console (standard plastic look on all 2003-2006 Vipers), or optional "Graphite" or "Light Arc" center console overlays, (5) interior in black/black, blue/black, tan/black, slate/black and, I believe but do not recall entirely whether the dealer also said red/black, and (6) choice of wheels (5-spoke, Razor or H-spoke). I think that was it.

/Rich

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.. and, I believe but do not recall entirely whether the dealer also said red/black, and (6) choice of wheels (5-spoke, Razor or H-spoke). I think that was it.

/Rich

That is effectively terminating the rareness of a Mamba Edition interior, if true that would be a very unfortunate move by Dodge.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Beg to differ with you on a bad move by Dodge, as the new interior is :

1. Not the same as the Mamba Editions.
a) No two/tone steering wheel
b) No colored shift knob
c) No colored emergency brake boot
d) Not numbered.

2. It is being ordered , lightly overall, and two of the colors are completely new.

The only car that can even be done in a similar fashion would be a black convertible ,as there is no silver or white available. The idea of giving Vipers owners a choice on interiors and other options is going over quite big, and this is the first comment I have heard that is not praising the fact that consumers now can personalize the car way beyond anything before.

IMHO

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

I have been trying to ascertain if the graphite radio surround bezel is what we currently have available through MoPar, and if so that is a great option, and the lighter arc color should go well also to break up the dash color or to blend in with the slate gray and black combination interior.

PS - if it seems I am talking out of both sides of my mouth , folks are very pleased that they can order different interiors , but many are doing combinations of pieces and right now we are seeing about 50% for the radio surround bezel, 25% for interiors, and likely 10-15% with everything.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more tidbits as previously posted in the VCA Member forum...

Just like their customers, DCX also wants as many colors out there as possible, so they are monitoring orders as they come in to determine when to cut off orders for the current colors and move to the next. Quite frankly it could happen at any time so if someone wants GTS Blue, Green or Venom they better speak now.

Also, the order system is being revised to match the code guides which include wheel descriptions. WP6 is the 5 spoke (the standard wheel for 2008), WP7 is the optional H spoke, and WPS is the new Razor wheel. They all have a polished finish. As for the center bezels - Light Arc and Graphite are the patterns. They are both matte finish technical graphic patterns applied to the parts. One is a lighter color the other is a darker pattern.

The car is getting a LOT of orders. Oh, and as for colors a couple of the larger dealers have the color plates, which look almost exactly like this posted previously (different lighting may make them appear different, but they are these same color plates):

08colors.JPG

Venom Red is second from the left on the top row, Viper Blue on the bottom left, and the green - well, I suspect you can find it. It is not even close to the Emerald Green of Gen I fame. DCX is updating their site and also sending us some color plates to post here with better lighting and less fingerprints...

And as for pricing, nothing pinned down for sure - not even for well-informed dealers ;). Nonetheless, I think it is safe to say that there should not be a drastic price increase - figure it is the cheapest 90HP upgrade you will ever see. :2tu:

Hope this helps!

Chris

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful Chris, this probably the least expensive 90HP upgrade for a Viper :)

On my order, the dealer is having trouble with the wheels, (said it had polished and unpolished options only)

The codes should help, and so does the info on the center bezel, I might have to go graphite.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beg to differ with you on a bad move by Dodge, as the new interior is :

1. Not the same as the Mamba Editions.
a) No two/tone steering wheel
b) No colored shift knob
c) No colored emergency brake boot
d) Not numbered.

2. It is being ordered , lightly overall, and two of the colors are completely new.

The only car that can even be done in a similar fashion would be a black convertible ,as there is no silver or white available. The idea of giving Vipers owners a choice on interiors and other options is going over quite big, and this is the first comment I have heard that is not praising the fact that consumers now can personalize the car way beyond anything before.

IMHO

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

I have been trying to ascertain if the graphite radio surround bezel is what we currently have available through MoPar, and if so that is a great option, and the lighter arc color should go well also to break up the dash color or to blend in with the slate gray and black combination interior.

PS - if it seems I am talking out of both sides of my mouth , folks are very pleased that they can order different interiors , but many are doing combinations of pieces and right now we are seeing about 50% for the radio surround bezel, 25% for interiors, and likely 10-15% with everything.

Bill -- do you have any idea what the two-tone interiors will look like? For example, you indicated thet they will not have the steering wheel, shifter knob and parking brake accents as on the 2006 First Edition Coupe. Will the colored accents look more like the VOI9 edition interior? Thanks for any info or pictures you can provide.

/Rich

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the scoop on the 675 hp dealer option? Is that for real? If yes, what is the percentage of orders with additional hp?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the scoop on the 675 hp dealer option? Is that for real? If yes, what is the percentage of orders with additional hp?

Raheel --

When ordering my 2008 Viper, the dealer walked me though the Dodge computerized ordering screen and there was no option check box for the 675-hp upgrade or other performance upgrades. My understanding is that the Mopar components (to the extent they are even available at this point) need to be ordered separately and then installed by a qualified shop or your dealer. Hope that helps.

/Rich

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, thanks for clearing that up :2tu: I was unaware of that info when I read the post before mine.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes the interior is very much like the VOI9 set -up ( lower door panels, under the dash, on the console and stitching on the seat , steering wheel, etc. ).

But, keep in mind we will have the gray , red, blue and brown, so two completely new colors. Sorry, out yesterday instructing at the track , so missed the question on this.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the interior is very much like the VOI9 set -up ( lower door panels, under the dash, on the console and stitching on the seat , steering wheel, etc. ).

But, keep in mind we will have the gray , red, blue and brown, so two completely new colors. Sorry, out yesterday instructing at the track , so missed the question on this.

Bill --

Thanks for the information.

/Rich

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALL 100% TRUE !

Espetially pay attention to this :

The VCA has influence - The original goal was 560 hp. 600 hp was in large part due to SRT listening to VCA members and stepping up to the challenge.

quote]

Your welcome.

I recall that most people were pretty mad that some of us were hammering on DC to step it up. Do you think it was the guys that were saying that DC is doing their best, leave them alone that had the biggest influence, or the guys that called them out on the carpet?

:lmao: ;) :D :usa:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if you click on "interior" you will get an idea of the two-tone interior (slate/black). It is the first one with the slate inserts on the seats...

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if you click on "interior" you will get an idea of the two-tone interior (slate/black). It is the first one with the slate inserts on the seats...

I don't think there will be anything two tone about the seats, except as Andrew said,what we already have. The only thing different on the seats is accent stitching and embroidery.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there will be anything two tone about the seats, except as Andrew said,what we already have. The only thing different on the seats is accent stitching and embroidery.
The steering wheel, shift knob, park brake handle and seats all have stitching that is Slate and the seat inserts are also Slate. Slate is the only two tone color with the seat inserts in the 2nd tone. Of this I am fairly certain. :2tu:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be Chris, and you are certainly in a position to know. It could also be a coincidence that the current seats are black and slate. I am looking at a picture of the blue/black, and the seats look like my 06 First Edition. Also, on my order, the 2 tone interior does not show as an extra cost option. Time will tell....

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be Chris, and you are certainly in a position to know. It could also be a coincidence that the current seats are black and slate. I am looking at a picture of the blue/black, and the seats look like my 06 First Edition. Also, on my order, the 2 tone interior does not show as an extra cost option. Time will tell....

Smog Dog --

I ordered my 2008 with the two-tone black/blue interior; is it possible to post the picture you have in this thread? Thanks.

/Rich

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my 2008 with the two-tone black/blue interior; is it possible to post the picture you have in this thread?

This is a picture of the VOI 9 Edition interior, which is the most similar to the 2008 blue & black version:

06vcaedition.jpg

The 2008 will have similar blue door inserts, blue lower instrument panel , and a blue console. The embroidery on the seats as well as the stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob and park brake handle should also be blue. The only differences are that the shift and park brake boots will not have blue stitching on the '08 cars, nor will the steering wheel emblem be blue as it was on VOI 9 Edition.

Hope this helps!