2008 Spotted

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I like the new hood and would consider ordering one for my '06 SRTC. I also like the wheels but would need to see them in person to make a final judgement.

Bob K

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the hood, especially because it skinnies up the stripes up front over the older models.

I think the hood that guys (Jeff I think) makes - http://www.trunktop.citymaker.com/page/page/4793461.htm

Supposedly lets you keep the factory thicker stripe locations, and as with all this guys other product on that website - why didn't DC make these this way to begin with?!

Anyways that my .02 on the new hood. Without stripes the hood is alot cooler, but to put stripes on and make them all skinny up front, and then broad over the roof and out back, it looks like someone who is just starting art school penned it.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripes looked fine on the red coupe at the auto show in Detroit. In fact, I didn't notice a different look than my 06 First Edition.

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reflection. No marking different then the regular ones.

I would eagree except its in 2 different angle pictures, no way its a reflection, maybe a factory marking for pre release type test vehicles or something?

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the pictures, I was there, it is a reflection. I was two one foot from the car. No markings on the hood.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great find on the 08.

Razor wheels...I'd like to know who thought they looked good to put into production. The "H" wheels are just as bad. Only 1 wheel choice really.

The 08 hood looks great.

While many think it's bad for the car to be in the rain(not sure why) as long as it's got a good coat of wax, and you wash/dry it when you get home, it's not a big deal. My paint still looks like new.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I"ve always stuck with OEM wheels period, but those wheels really do the Viper an injustice. You guys are going to hate me for saying this, but that hood with those wheels.....well it looks like a kid with a stock Honda civic and a Carbon fiber hood. Sorry, I know, if you don't have something nice to say.............

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I"ve always stuck with OEM wheels period, but those wheels really do the Viper an injustice. You guys are going to hate me for saying this, but that hood with those wheels.....well it looks like a kid with a stock Honda civic and a Carbon fiber hood. Sorry, I know, if you don't have something nice to say.............

Yeah, it's gonna be tough, but I 'll find a way to live with my 2008, new hood, H wheels and all.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it's gonna be tough, but I 'll find a way to live with my 2008, new hood, H wheels and all.

Like I said, I should have kept my comments to myself. Enjoy your future ride, it should be a monster.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would eagree except its in 2 different angle pictures, no way its a reflection, maybe a factory marking for pre release type test vehicles or something?

I wasn't there, but you can tell it is a reflection as Nader said. It is a reflection of the license plate from the car two feet in front of it.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures! :D

The blue is my favorite color for Vipers, and I like the looks of the new hood as well. Very aggressive.
While the new wheels would not be my favorite choice (I like the 5 spoke design best) they look better in these shots than in the early promo shots.

I'm still eager to see how the blue and black interior, and optional consoles look in the new Viper.