2008 Spotted

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While in Montreal at a bachelor party this past weekend, I stumbled across what looked to be a ViperClub get together. There was roughly 30 or so Vipers parked right around the corner from my hotel. What was most interesting was the Blue 2008 parked right in front with Manufacturer plates. here are pics. Still not sure if I like the hood or not.

I am sure if some of these guys are on this site. If so speak up and let us know your impressions of the 08.
DSC07371.JPG

DSC07352.JPG

DSC07355.JPG

DSC07357.JPG

DSC07358.JPG

DSC07362.JPG

DSC07359.JPG

DSC07361.JPG

DSC07363.JPG

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome catch of an 08 !! Def. an 08 and first time I have seen the Razor wheels out on the street... still not a huge fan of them, they seem like the old 03-05's as a slight variance. But beautiful car none the less!!

Jon

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2008 roadster on order in the same color (Viper GTS Blue), so thank you for giving me something to stare at while I wait.

I am going to e-mail the pics of the new hood to the folks that will do the clearbra for the car; hopefully, this will not give them a migraine.

/Rich

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me the hood is too busy but I would think it is pretty functional so to hell with looks if it works. I think an L-88 type hood with vents on the fenders would look better but don't have a clue if it would work.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hood is a bit much, particularly the air scoop. It looks aftermarket more then anything else. I thinnk Jeff got it right by using the old scoop with the new vents. As for the Razor wheels I am not a fan at all. They do not help the look on a viper at all. They look like they belong on a luxury car.

As for Montreal, It was a blast. Crescent and St. Catherine were great. Montreal is a beautiful city with a great nightlife. I will definitely going back soon especially since it is so easy to get there.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way if anyone wants the actual pics, send me a PM with your email address.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader, great pics! I like Jeffs hood better. And Im in with most here that the Razor wheels dont look too good.

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is that marking on the bottom passenger side vent? its light blue

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Almost embarrased to post this picture of my dirty garage and Street Serpent project, but Jeff Lemke's hood does look VERY nice in person. Very subtle differences with the 08 hood. I'm not a huge fan of the razor wheels as I dont see a huge difference between the old 10 spokes and the razors. Just my $0.02 worth.

IMG_0382.JPG

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with most, the razer wheels don't look good. It looks to me like the face of the entire wheel is completely flat. I think wheels always look better when they have some sort of dish or lip to them.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poser in me wants to know how you wash that hood without totally flooding the engine bay every time? It's WAY over the top IMO.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poser in me wants to know how you wash that hood without totally flooding the engine bay every time? It's WAY over the top IMO.

It does get wet under there, no doubt. However, it is an easy wipe and clean area for drying the engine compartment. It's not as bad as you would think.

Jeff

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost embarrased to post this picture of my dirty garage and Street Serpent project, but Jeff Lemke's hood does look VERY nice in person. Very subtle differences with the 08 hood. I'm not a huge fan of the razor wheels as I dont see a huge difference between the old 10 spokes and the razors. Just my $0.02 worth.

IMG_0382.JPG

Hmmmmm. Get those panels aligned, make the finish uniform, and flat black might be your color!

Kinda MAD MAX sinister.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These cars are made to be driven. My 06 has been as far west as the Pacific and as far east as Maryland. It's hard not to run into some rain, if you are going to drive your car. We all get our pleasure in different ways. I'm not worried about low miles or a never rained on car for the next guy.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of comments:
1) Jeff's hood looks awesome. I like the looks of it better than the '08's hood
2) The "power bulge" on the '08 is too pronounced. It's almost to the point of being overdone. Maybe it just needs to grow on me but I like the previous hood better than the new one.
3) Somehow the Razor wheels look cheap. The 5 spokes are awesome and the H-spokes aren't far behind but I'd stay away from the Razors if I was ordering an '08.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those pictures of the meet look good. That Roadster looks pretty neat as well. What are the odds of stumbling on a Viper club event???? Sweet!!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
those wheels look terrible!!! I can't believe they even came up with that design. I would take my 10 spokes waaaaaaay before taking those. Just terrible!!!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done Viper driving in rain, monsoons with the top off, snow, on solid ice, etc. Some of you guys are whiners.

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree on the new wheels. They look cheap and average!

On a car like this, at this price, there should be some bad *** wheel choices. To start with the 5-spoke, then the H-spoke, the last choice should be something even cooler, wilder or whatever.

The one they chose just seems to not complement the car in any way whatsoever, other than the fact it physically fits on the vehicle!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4