2009 ACR won't start after Radio/GPS replacement

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2009 ACR's radio/GPS was making some strange noise so the dealer has decided to replace it under warranty, so far so good ...

Now the Viper can't be started. It is in a kind of "Stolen mode".
It has been sitting at the dealer for more than 2 weeks !!

Chrysler was called to help but the warranty guys are not very familiar with the issue.

Anybody has an idea where to start to fix the issue ?

PM me if you don't the public to see the solution ... Thanks Andras

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. My radio's AM doesn't work at all, and I was considering taking it in to have it replaced before the warranty expires.

Now I'm more than a little worried about what I thought would be a simple fix!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have they tried to unlock the drivers door/and or lock then unlock the drivers door under at the emerg point, the key hole underside up by the drivers mirror?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2009 ACR's radio/GPS was making some strange noise so the dealer has decided to replace it under warranty, so far so good ...

Now the Viper can't be started. It is in a kind of "Stolen mode".
It has been sitting at the dealer for more than 2 weeks !!

Chrysler was called to help but the warranty guys are not very familiar with the issue.

Anybody has an idea where to start to fix the issue ?

PM me if you don't the public to see the solution ... Thanks Andras

ACR's don't like radios!!! LOL!

I would guess either the ESN or something else programmed into the Sat/nav has to match with the ECM so the computer does not think the radio is stolen anymore, or the dealer failed to wire it up correctly. Worst case, put the old one back in so you can drive the car until they find the solution.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have swapped radios in and out of Gen 3 cars without any problems what so ever. Seeing the Gen 4 can use the same radios as the Gen 3 I find it har to understand how the radio would have anything to do with the no start problem.

Steve A.

Reaction score
We checked with some of the experts and here are some initial thoughts:

"Sounds like it's taking the J1850 bus down... which handles security and such for the immobilizer. Could be a bad or incorrect replacement radio."

One of the keys is whether the car starts with the radio unplugged, so you might have the dealer check that first. Let us know how we can help!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think canada does have a differant theft system than america edition, so i think the vpa has nailed it-

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already had a radio take the bus down and cause a no start. On a Canadian car the computer network or bus needs to tell everything it is okay to start the vehicle.

Ps: also replaced a radio for no am. So you may want to check that rw99

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had a radio replaced a few months back for no AM. Now the am has gone out on the new radio. Standard radio, no GPS.

On the other hand, the car still runs like a gazelle.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good info on the AM, guys... thanks. Maybe I should go aftermarket here, instead. Not looking to spend big bucks, but I would like to catch the baseball games from time to time...

Rich

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm....I was going to take the NAV out of my '09 and put it in my '03 Ram. Appears as though it will be a no go??

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
u may be ok, canada has strange requirments and the system is differant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456