2009 ssg coupe--funny south florida story

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking for an ssg coupe for a little bit now. I went out today to a couple of dodge dealers in south florida and I knew one that had an ssg coupe and really wanted to see the color in person.
Car dealers lack of knowledge on the products they sell never ceases to amaze me. I go to university dodge in davie florida, as they had an ssg coupe 09 with an aero kit which was a deal breaker for me, but still wanted to see the color in person, as I was starting to lean towards a white coupe with black stripes.
The color in person is quite amazing. Really gorgeous and unusual. Definately what I want----now the funny part.
sales guy comes up and says- she is a beauty huh---I replied yes.
He then told me it is the only one like it in the country and it is called sublime green!---I said oh really??---He said this one was a limited edition and that is why it is $110,000. I then tell so he knows that the color is actually called snakeskin green pearl. He then says--oh yes--your right--the convertible are the ones that are painted sublime green only. NO coupes are being made in sublime.
I have purchase a good number of higher end cars over the years and it never ceases to amaze me how they guys trying to sell high end american cars know so little about these vehicles. I know that there are good dealers, but I am not so sure in south florida. I own an fj and was told as I was standing next to my lifted fj with 33 inch mud tires, that they in fact do not make a lift kit yet for the fj and you cannot fit bigger tires on them---this was a toyota service rep telling me this--as I stood next to my noticeably larger than normal fj-----kills me with this stuff.
glad I went and looked at the car in person---the color is nice--definately want an ssg coupe with 6 spoke wheels and black interior with black stripes. Nav a plus--if you know of any I am definately in the market.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...loved that story...and yes, we've also come across some pretty 'clueless' salespeople as well.
One I actually went over and told him I'd get his manager out if he didn't stop wiping off the swirl marks on a brand-new BLACK CHALLENGER with his woolen SWEATER....*EGADS*...and another in same dumb dealership drove their Viper Blue Coupe out in the parking lot right over a 1/2 foot deep pothole--BAM--BAM...both ends jumping up in the air, as he was going too fast. Would I buy EITHER of these cars? Absolutely not....nor would we EVER return to this dealership.
When I go to a dealership, I only deal with the sales or service manager, NO salespeople (sorry to all the salespeople on here--no disrespect intended). ~juli
GOOD LUCK on obtaining your SSG COUPE w/black stripes would look totally BADASP!

Reaction score
My wife is looking for an SSG coupe, dual black stripes, 6-spokes, and the aero package.

A fellow VCA member was kind enough to let me know one just arrived at a store in our area.

So I take the wife to see it and she loves it.

I speak to the GSM at the store and he was quick to point out that because I was a VCA member, and knew people, he would sell me the car for "just" full sticker or $104,710.00 instead of the $12,000.00 he added on top of the MRSP, that put the car's price at $116,605.00, which is what it is being advertised for.

I said thanks, but not in a position to buy a car for MSRP in this economic climate, and if he had a change of heart, please give me a call.

And you wonder why Chrysler sales are down more than 50% YOY.

OP
OP
A

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am guessing we visited the same dealership---really beautiful but obviously clueless staff. Do car salesman even do any kind of due diligence when trying to sell a car?_-I think those ass clowns have both those aero vipers listed up on ebay for 115k or something ludicrous---do they even decide to look and see what other ones are selling for? Man---I think they will be one of the first to go in the natural selection that is going to be happening over the next year to the big 3-

BUT HEY!!_-YOUR WIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN DRIVING A ONE OF A KIND SUBLIME GREEN AERO COUPE--that got to be worth the extra $35,000!!!

OP
OP
A

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes--the car--the stealeship was a hole in the wall-------we also went to sawgrass and saw the one voi they had which university also had---there is also one venom red vert at coconut creek dodge----not much around here.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, maybe once in a while they "cash" in on some poor sucker.... I would think overall they would lose, holding on to the car and passing on potential buyers....

albinonile, buy ASPIRATIONS car so he can get his ACR......

ASPIRATIONS, make this guy a deal!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, maybe once in a while they "cash" in on some poor sucker.... I would think overall they would lose, holding on to the car and passing on potential buyers....

I know I can do better than 110K:omg: I called that dealer asking about his aero coupe and they were going to give me a GREAT deal for it, my car and 49K:omg::lmao::lmao::lmao:I told them I would pass:rolleyes:
I told Albinonile to call me:eater:Kevin

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FikseGTS,
What do you think of your GTR???? I had a guy on Autotrader offfering to swap even for my car,he had a 09 GTR..Black/black 67 miles!!!!

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting trade offer.... probably a decent offer if you look at what the GT-R's are still going for.......

I drive the GT-R 70 miles everyday, I jump in and out of it, put my family in it, just like I did with my E55 AMG.... It's an everyday supercar....

with an $800 ecu upgrade, it runs 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 0-100 in 7.1, without launch control, just stomp and go, and it keeps pulling, it trapped 126.8 in the 1/4 mile at the Bradenton event...

I had a friend drive the GT-R vs me in the ACR, ran from 40-140, the ACR had a slow pull, but not by much, I was VERY surprised how well the GT-R held up from a roll.... If we ran from a stop, I don't think I would have caught the GT-R.....

get the ACR before it's too late!

FikseGTS,
What do you think of your GTR???? I had a guy on Autotrader offfering to swap even for my car,he had a 09 GTR..Black/black 67 miles!!!!

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes--the car--the stealeship was a hole in the wall-------we also went to sawgrass and saw the one voi they had which university also had---there is also one venom red vert at coconut creek dodge----not much around here.

I have a story about university Dodge, Back when the Viper first came out they had a 92 in the show room they were asking $150K:eek: for it back when they were going for around $100K when they first came out. They kept that thing for five years! when one day at a mopar show back in 98 they wanted to dump it they told me I can have it for $75K :lmao: mind you could have bought a 97 GTS for the same price.Those guys crack me up, I only go there during the mopar show and if I want some entertainment I go inside and listen to them talk to customers. they are clueless!!

Reaction score
They could have had an easy "wam, bam, thank you mam" sale, but decided to get greedy.
There are bears, bulls and pigs, they are pigs.
Local buyer brings the car to them for service, and has the opportunity for add'l sales and service work forever, not now.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL OMG there's even more to this!

According to the listing on their website it's Anaconda Green!:lmao:

Perhaps there's a problem with the paint on this car! It's Emerald, Snake Skin, Anaconda, Sublime, Sassy Grass Green!

--RS

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a story about university Dodge, Back when the Viper first came out they had a 92 in the show room they were asking $150K:eek: for it back when they were going for around $100K when they first came out. They kept that thing for five years! when one day at a mopar show back in 98 they wanted to dump it they told me I can have it for $75K :lmao: mind you could have bought a 97 GTS for the same price.Those guys crack me up, I only go there during the mopar show and if I want some entertainment I go inside and listen to them talk to customers. they are clueless!!

sounds like another dealer that rhymes with Palmer Lodge.:rolaugh::D

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! that's awesome. there are waaaay too many ****** car salesmen in the world. it's so refreshing to speak w/one who's not out to getchya. i actually had a dodge salesperson tell me there were no blacks being built for 2009! all b/c i told him i was torn btwn the color he had in the showroom & black....:omg:

& for some reason there seem to be an exceptionally large amount of crooked car dealers in FL...

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! that's awesome. there are waaaay too many ****** car salesmen in the world. it's so refreshing to speak w/one who's not out to getchya. i actually had a dodge salesperson tell me there were no blacks being built for 2009! all b/c i told him i was torn btwn the color he had in the showroom & black....:omg:

& for some reason there seem to be an exceptionally large amount of crooked car dealers in FL...

I hate to tell you but hes correct...The New metallic black was to take Viper blacks place but itwas killed off but might be introduced later...Viper black is still being considered..:omg:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
University Dodge was acquired a few years ago. The culture of the Service Department was radically changed for the good. However, the same cannot be said for the Sales Department. Some of the sales people are clueless and do not seem to undertsand the value of creating good will among VCA members. However, their Service Department is excellent and many of us use it including at least six VCA members that regularly track their cars. You would think that the Sales department would have the good sense to coordinate and learn about the cars from the Service department but they apparently do not.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went there when my father was looking at a dually and they told me that the viper orange they had was the lowest Viper production car ever. I said I have a vv and it was lowest and he wanted to argue about it. They also wanted 10k over sticker for base 08. Salleshomes were you driving down in Miami on us1 a couple of weeks ago ?

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never been in the sales section of dealership (buy out of state) but will agree 150% for the only service manager and tech to touch your viper in all of south fl.i drive 120 miles round trip for anything my car needs and he will schedule sat. appts. if you need to. sorry about the rant, trash the sales dept. but the viper service is top notch.

OP
OP
A

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good to know for the future--my local dodge dealership is horrible----told me on my 04 that blowing black smoke upon start up was normal operation--********* clouds of smoke from the pipes for 40 seconds--