2009 Viper orders re-open, YELLOW and SSG too!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up that it is official: 2009 ordering has now reopened and both Viper Race Yellow and Snakeskin Green have been added - including for ACR's! So if you were holding off ordering your new Viper - NOW is the time. Be sure to contact your favorite Dodge Dealer, especially one of our great site sponsors like Woodhouse Dodge, Tator Dodge, etc. Should be fun!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up that it is official: 2009 ordering has now reopened and both Viper Race Yellow and Snakeskin Green have been added - including for ACR's! So if you were holding off ordering your new Viper - NOW is the time. Be sure to contact your favorite Dodge Dealer, especially one of our great site sponsors like Woodhouse Dodge, Tator Dodge, etc. Should be fun!

Can someone photoshop a Viper Race Yellow ACR in the following variations:

1. A yellow with black center and yellow driver's stripe.

2. Yellow with dual black stripes.

3. Yellow with no stripes.

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob....Way to Go....Good Order & Find....

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob....Wouldn't a Yellow with Black Center & Black Driver's Stripe only show a partial stripe over the top, rear & Wing only.
Black Driver's Stripe would simply blend with the Black Hood wouldn't it ?

You are right. I meant yellow driver's stripe. Good catch. I will edit. Thanks.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know but even if you cannot order it through the system, I think that you can still have Prefix paint it that way if you are willing to pay a bit extra to have it done. If I recall correctly from a past Viper quarterly Maurice Lange (sp?) had some custom work done on his Viper at Prefix. However, I do not know whether this procedure is still available. Perhaps someone can jump in who knows.

Last edited:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone photoshop a Viper Race Yellow ACR in the following variations:

1. A yellow with black center and yellow driver's stripe.

2. Yellow with dual black stripes.

3. Yellow with no stripes.

Bob,
Best I can do...

You must be registered for see images

Can you order it with the Yellow driver's stripe?

Pete,
I was told no Yellow or SSG drivers stripe.I will have mine painted in town as I feel the drivers stripe completes the ACRs look if you order the black center band.Only stripes avaiable are Graphite,Red,White,Black..but Iam not 100% sure on those..Who knows maybe Dodge will offer Yellow/SSG drivers stripe by the time ACR build starts:dunno:Kevin

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Aspirations. I think the above color combo is a real eye catcher.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow!

Hot diggity dawg!

Would GTS Blue (with red driver's stripe) happen to also be available?

:drive:

it's time to upgrade

-J

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Aspirations, I've had that photo saved for about two years now. The Yellow Drivers stripe is a MUST.

Does anyone know approximately how much it would cost from Prefix? (I have to go find my Viper mag w/ Maurice's ssg)

Thanks again

Pete

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris for the mock-ups, any chance you can do one in GTS Blue?

Thanks,

J

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great news for all those that were waiting for these colors - they look fantastic. Hopefully Dodge will sell a bunch!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!

Hot diggity dawg!

Would GTS Blue (with red driver's stripe) happen to also be available?

:drive:

it's time to upgrade

-J

I was told no red driver's stripe for GTS Blue :( It seems like that color combo should work for the driver's stripe, but they won't accept the configuration. I keep mulling over the idea of having the stripe painted on, but I'm kind of a purist and want to keep the car as close to factory original as possible. I have a feeling ACRs will be few and far between 20 years from now (lots of them are tracked, and will be trashed/crashed), so keeping it original might be important for whoever inherits it :) The GTS Blue with Black center and red stripe would look very cool though.

Since we're all putting in orders, we should think about organizing a buddy system? I sure would like to get us all $1000 towards a Mopar PCM :) Is that against the rules?

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now I am jellous! I did not think this would happen! So I bought the 09 SSG coupe instead! GOOD LUCK all of you who waited!!! Now get ordering!!!

Shadowman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too hope for all of you that this is a true window of opportunity rather than Dodge attempting to see whether they can keep the line open.

As I recall there are still orders pending from before they shut down several weeks ago as such it is IMO one thing to place the order and yet another to see the product.

Hopefully all of the orders accepted will actually be produced.

Shadowman

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too hope for all of you that this is a true window of opportunity rather than Dodge attempting to see whether they can keep the line open.

As I recall there are still orders pending from before they shut down several weeks ago as such it is IMO one thing to place the order and yet another to see the product.

Hopefully all of the orders accepted will actually be produced.

Shadowman

Could be - they have a little meeting on Tuesday to discuss some related issues... I've got one order in, and now I'm thinking I should throw a few more in to see if any suits start seeing the dollar signs that they should have seen years ago... I'm not a business genius, but I've done OK - and if I had an asset like Viper in my arsenal, I would cherish it rather than chastise it.

Shadowman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be - they have a little meeting on Tuesday to discuss some related issues... I've got one order in, and now I'm thinking I should throw a few more in to see if any suits start seeing the dollar signs that they should have seen years ago... I'm not a business genius, but I've done OK - and if I had an asset like Viper in my arsenal, I would cherish it rather than chastise it.

Understood

Sadly in this present social/economic climate even great projected numbers may not be enough; there are many factors playing heavily against gals such as the Viper.

Then add to this the company’s need for resources so as to simply remain afloat how can one rationalize to the new regime a boutique piece such as the Viper?

I have lived through and enjoyed some very interesting times; the muscle cars followed by the total loss of production performance gals, and then today with the advent of computers phenomenal performance gals being offered however to simply say that they are not politically correct is far too cliché and yet this phase can been heard all over.

Hoping for the best

Shadowman

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understood

Sadly in this present social/economic climate even great projected numbers may not be enough; there are many factors playing heavily against gals such as the Viper.

Then add to this the company’s need for resources so as to simply remain afloat how can one rationalize to the new regime a boutique piece such as the Viper?

I have lived through and enjoyed some very interesting times; the muscle cars followed by the total loss of production performance gals, and then today with the advent of computers phenomenal performance gals being offered however to simply say that they are not politically correct is far too cliché and yet this phase can been heard all over.

Hoping for the best

Shadowman

I've (unfortunately) been through it too - I still have nightmares of the K-car... In this case, my gut tells me that there is one last kick left in this business unit but this might be it. Any way you look at it, whoever owns a Viper now, or 20 years from now, is going to be one lucky SOB. I still kick myself for passing on a $2000 Hemi Charger, $1500 Jag E-Type (V12), and $900 AMX back in the late seventies and early eighties. I managed to buy and still have a '71 455 SD Trans Am (bought for $1500), but that's a whole other story (it went through a brick wall when I was a youngin :( ).

This is a speculative time - but in chaos lies opportunity and fun.

Shadowman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've (unfortunately) been through it too - I still have nightmares of the K-car... In this case, my gut tells me that there is one last kick left in this business unit but this might be it. Any way you look at it, whoever owns a Viper now, or 20 years from now, is going to be one lucky SOB. I still kick myself for passing on a $2000 Hemi Charger, $1500 Jag E-Type (V12), and $900 AMX back in the late seventies and early eighties. I managed to buy and still have a '71 455 SD Trans Am (bought for $1500), but that's a whole other story (it went through a brick wall when I was a youngin :( ).

Your comments and thoughts were well shared

My only hope is that for those with their heart set and check books in hand with ink on paper is for them to recieve their dream then any thing after that will be moderately interesting IMO at best. Certainly they are cool gals and yet with most things they too have a moment in time; will it be extended is simply a guess.

Takes care

Shadowman

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gals? What are gals? There is someone else on here that refers to a Viper as "him.".... Have I missed something? are these cars becoming human???

Black Mamba 47

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I to still own my 68 Hemi Charger R/T and was hoping someday that the Vipers may be of some interest to someone. With the economy as it is that may be asking for to much! I will continue to drive them and grin ear to ear as I do know what special pieces of automtive history they are!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok,lets dare the srt folks to make a shirley muldowny pink acr only limited to 10 viper,i bet they would sell them all @ a 2k option,what the heck!u only live once..:omg::eater: