2011 Viper Cup Series

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The first race in the 2011 Viper Cup Series( ACR-X Vipers) is this weekend at Sebring (May 13-15). Apparently there are two races each weekend. I called "Viper Headquarters"--left a message--was called back and told that spectators could watch at no charge. As I'm only 90 miles from Sebring I'm thinking of going. Has anyone else ever watched this series in 2010? ---Dave

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They ran at the VOI in Utah last year. Pretty spectacular racing, and put down some world class times.

Real door to door racing action, in pretty evenly matched Vipers.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We caught it at Pocono last September, with a guest driver as well. It was a great experience. Since Pocono was in conjunction with a NARRA event, we got to share garage space with the drivers. I'm looking forward to seeing the Viper Cup again in June at NJ.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Direct TV I now have Versus in HD!!! The races ARE going to be on Versus again right? :drive:

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
fellow member here F8L SNK will be there with his freshly built ACR converted to X, on its maiden voyage. Should be good times.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is loaded in the trailer but not completely finished. Minor stuff to do at the track. I am going to be breaking the car in so I highly doubt any good lap times for me this weekend.

I am glad just to have the car 90% done at this point. :drive:

fellow member here F8L SNK will be there with his freshly built ACR converted to X, on its maiden voyage. Should be good times.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Car is loaded in the trailer but not completely finished. Minor stuff to do at the track. I am going to be breaking the car in so I highly doubt any good lap times for me this weekend.

Good luck Tim:2tu::2tu:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there running in the solo pde class. Can't wait to watch the racing between sessions.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! I wish I could go and photograph (I'm a photog in my spare time).

Good luck to all going and running!!!

Have a great trip all.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score

get another person to drive, while you wrench in the trailer :rolaugh::D

good luck :drive:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Usually quite a wait on the airing, but for anyone in Florida, well worth the drive to see these guys run and hopefully Ralph Gilles will be there ( lilkely under another mystery name like A.C. Runner or Chevy Chaseme ).

Great action , close racing , and historic track ...........have you left yet???

OP
OP
3whitevipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info--I'm planning on going the first day (Friday) when I assume there will be no races but hopefully some "shakedown laps" being done in prep for the races--has anyone gone on the first day like that? Can you mix with the drivers and cars? I'd like to hook up with other VCA members if any will be there Fri or possibly Sun.--Dave

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked with NARRA and they are working on the TV schedule right now and will contact me when they finalize it. Viper Cup will be aired on Versus once again for the 2011 season.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info--I'm planning on going the first day (Friday) when I assume there will be no races but hopefully some "shakedown laps" being done in prep for the races--has anyone gone on the first day like that? Can you mix with the drivers and cars? I'd like to hook up with other VCA members if any will be there Fri or possibly Sun.--Dave

ABSOLUTELY! Everyone is totally accessible, and friendly. During 2010, if you bought a (cheap) armband from the NARRA desk you could also take a "tour lap" in your private car, behind the NARRA Dodge Challenger Pace Car !

This season, we are silent-auctioning off a ride for 2 in the OPC before each race,SAT / SUN on the formation laps. Bring a guest (16 yrs+) and your camera, and see the pole sitters UP CLOSE.... 2nd best seat in the house. NARRA usually has dinner tickets to sell for the evening events too.....

While Mr Gilles is not 'pre-registered' he has been known to show up and drive....

Doris and I will be there! 6600 mile ROAD TRIP....Hope to see CHUCK et all....... very excited.....PLEASE SAY HI!

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are taking your Viper to the track, do yourself a favor (and have a blast) and get some driver coaching from Tommy Archer or one of the other NARRA pro instructors. Best $$ you will ever spend, and you get more clear track time ('students' are in a different group than the open regis).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4