8/10lb Pulleys for new 2.8 Roe wanted

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted an add in the wanted section of the classifieds that I was looking for a 8lb pulley and the 10lb setup for a Roe, with no success.
My new Kenne Bell 2.8 arrived today and is waiting for the return of the motor from the performance shop. I am going to do the break in tune with my existing 6.5lb pulley but then want to play on the dyno with an 8 and 10lb to see how it does. Bottom end was built to handle a lot of boost, in case of future Twin Turbo or Nos.
Thanks guys,
Kevin

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful of spinning them to much. They were not built for that much boost. There are plenty of units that needed to be rebuilt due to burned out bearings. Ask me how I know....

Talk to the guys at PSE superchargers why they're the Roe authorized reman shop.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful of spinning them to much. They were not built for that much boost. There are plenty of units that needed to be rebuilt due to burned out bearings. Ask me how I know....
Talk to the guys at PSE superchargers why they're the Roe authorized reman shop.

Are you talking about the 2.4 or 2.8? PLENTY of people are running the 2.4 with the 10 lb pulley with no issues( to include me). I'm sure the mustang guys spin them at higher boost than us with no issue.

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony, the 8lb is 2.65" and the 10lb is 2.5"

Gen2 engine require a shorter belt and smaller idler when going to a 2.5" (10lb) pulley.​

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, the 8lb is 2.65" and the 10lb is 2.5"

Gen2 engine require a shorter belt and smaller idler when going to a 2.5" (10lb) pulley.​

Is the smaller idler pully specific to the 2.8L?

I switched from an 8 lb pulley to a 10 lb pulley (with my 2.4L) and I did not have switch idlers, just a shorter belt.

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You don't need a different belt and pulley with a Gen I but with the Gen II you have to change them both when going to the 10lb according to Sean's web sight. The 2.4 and 2.8 are very similar in size depending on what year blower you have.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you should go with what Roe says then.

However, I can assure you that I put the 10 lb pulley on my Gen II with just a shorter belt and it fit perfectly and it runs perfectly. Been running it with that set up for about 4 years now. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets