900 RWHP from a Novi2000 Supercharger. Is it Possible?

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
900 RWHP from a Novi2000 Supercharger. Is it worth a trade?

Here's the scoop.

I am looking at a 2002 FE with 21000Miles on it and a built motor with Forged internals ( incuding pistons rods etc, Polished and ported heads (something about 2.02 and 170), Harland rockers, belanger/hi flows and corsa set up, New clutch (centerforce), aluminum fidenza flywheel and a Comp cam that compliments the Supercharger as well as twin walbros,2 map sensor 90 pound injectors and some other small stuff. The crank was not done which means what problems?This is what I am told so far about the car. He says that he has had no overheating issues at all. He has a methanol injection installed.

Does this seem realistic as far as HP numbers from this build? Is it a good build with what is installed here?

Are there issues that come with this set up. How reliable are they and what should I look for when I go see it. Keep in mind it is winter here and a ride in it is out of the question at this point.

He is asking 60K for it or trade for an 08 Venom Red Vert with 40K miles on it all stock. Is it worth it? How much is it worth really?

Your thoughts??

Last edited:

SquadXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who did the build? if underground then the power seems possible as a few underground cars ahve hit that. Main thing is a worked motor and a great pair of heads.

SquadXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the crank has not been milled or treated, I would def need to test on a dyno. Why put in that much money and work and not have the crank done. Mine snapped at the snout and Im only making 805 (still waiting to get it back, 3 years in May 2014).

Trade sounds reasonable to me depending on condition of motor. Is getting ur 08 turbo'ed out of the question? would be the cheaper option unless you just wan a GTS.

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the crank has not been milled or treated, I would def need to test on a dyno. Why put in that much money and work and not have the crank done. Mine snapped at the snout and Im only making 805 (still waiting to get it back, 3 years in May 2014).

Trade sounds reasonable to me depending on condition of motor. Is getting ur 08 turbo'ed out of the question? would be the cheaper option unless you just wan a GTS.

I don't think you can Turbo an 08,, unless you spend big bucks. I still think no matter the motor or build, to trade with a clean 08 extra cash on their end would definitely need to be addressed. He opted out when I asked for some cash. obviously he was looking for a steal, but, I am the one in the drivers seat. Getting rid of a stock clean 08 is easier than a modded gen 2. Much easier. He knows that. Oh well. I am selling my 08 now and will have cash in hand which will land me a better deal. Cash is Good !!

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trading for an 08. My car was built by A&C performance and puts down 700+rwhp/740rwtq. It has more in it but that was enough for me and I think it's on stock pulley. It's got RSI heads/cam, novi 2k, tr6060, OS giken/800hp half shafts from unitrax, full A&C fuel system, 14 inch brakes all around, custom cooling system for novi 2k, a lot of other custom stuff, 360 forged wheels, etc. The car has been sitting for a while now as I just don't have the time to drive it as I've been travelling a lot for work and honestly it scares me to drive it now with that much power. I've probably over 80k into the car not including the price of the car. I'm just looking for something stockish and with less power. You can search my old posts for pics if you are interested.

Edit: here's a pic.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trading for an 08. My car was built by A&C performance and puts down 700+rwhp/740rwtq. It has more in it but that was enough for me and I think it's on stock pulley. It's got RSI heads/cam, novi 2k, tr6060, OS giken/800hp half shafts from unitrax, full A&C fuel system, 14 inch brakes all around, custom cooling system for novi 2k, a lot of other custom stuff, 360 forged wheels, etc. The car has been sitting for a while now as I just don't have the time to drive it as I've been travelling a lot for work and honestly it scares me to drive it now with that much power. I've probably over 80k into the car not including the price of the car. I'm just looking for something stockish and with less power. You can search my old posts for pics if you are interested.

Edit: here's a pic.
You must be registered for see images

Wow!!! That thing is beautiful!

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No disrespect but, for the money it seems most are asking for their modded cars I could get a 35-40K stock Gen 2 and modify it for 20 K and end up with a fresh build that I built and know, instead of a used build that I don't know how and who built it or any problems it may have had or how it was driven.
Unless someone has a TT done right with very low miles on the car and turbo, leak test done and a well known build that can pass emissions here in Toronto,I think I will stick to selling my 08 and using the cash in hand(cash is King) to make a deal at that time with straight cash. I have looked at past and presents sales (not asking prices) of good quality supercharged builds, most have gone under 50K with maybe a rare few just above 50K. TT builds seem to asking 50K to skies the limit but most are selling in the high 50's to under 70 with a rare few asking in the 80's. When you hit the 80's it reaches a point where someone starts to ask himself if they can build it for the same price or a few thousand more for a new build. Unfortunately, modded cars always get a lot less than the cost of the build and still have trouble selling because the unknown overrides the price.
Again a lot of you guys have great builds and beautiful cars but, as long as we all know and do know,, that when we decide to sell them, we lose most if not all of what the build cost and still can't compete against a stock car price and or who sells first. Its just the way it is. I have a 96 B/W that I have roughly 30K in extras on my car and it has no engine work at all done to it and I would still not be able to recoup all that even though the mods are all tasteful cosmetics and no engine work which most get scared from.
If anyone is interested in a trade + cash on their end for a supercharged car or a straight deal for a good TT build, I would rather just sell mine privately and use the cash in hand to deal with.

Last edited:

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With modified cars an inspection is really the best way to go. You never know how it was put together. First see if you can get a build sheet for the motor. If the car seems sound and everything looks right. Spend a couple hundred dollars, have a leak down done on the motor, drop the pan and have the bearings inspected. This will give you a good idea on the condition of the engine.

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With modified cars an inspection is really the best way to go. You never know how it was put together. First see if you can get a build sheet for the motor. If the car seems sound and everything looks right. Spend a couple hundred dollars, have a leak down done on the motor, drop the pan and have the bearings inspected. This will give you a good idea on the condition of the engine.

Thanks Dan, that's great information right there. It's not that I don't trust most of the builds, although I would definitely want to do the testing and inspection. Its what everyone is asking for them and the trade offers they are throwing for my 08.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also depends on who the tuner/builder was. Some tuners' builds command more of a premium than others, because they have a proven track record of performance and back up their work.

Using Gallardos as an example, you can find Heffner Twin Turbo Gallardos (or Titan TTG's, or even Dallas Performance TTG's) going for a FRACTION of the build cost on top of the price of the car itself. But Underground Racing twin turbo Gallardos still go for damn near the full price of a new build on the top of the price of the car. The only thing you save by buying one used is time, not money. UGR cars just tend to hold their value better, based on what I've seen in the market.

And while ultimately it is your decision what you want to spend on a modified car (if that's the route you choose to go), make sure you know exactly how much it would cost if you bought a stock car and modified it yourself. I only say that because you threw out the figure of $20k to modify a car. That won't even come close to building a completely forged bottom end, plus heads, plus cam, plus blower, plus fuel system, plus engine management, plus upgraded clutch and all the supporting goodies that go with it. There is also something to be said for buying a car that's already completely sorted out versus building one yourself and dealing with the downtime and the inevitable gremlins that come with a fresh build.

Just some things to think about. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Oh, and 900 hp is more than possible. My car makes 1031/987 on pump gas using a Novi2500 blower.

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also depends on who the tuner/builder was. Some tuners' builds command more of a premium than others, because they have a proven track record of performance and back up their work.

Using Gallardos as an example, you can find Heffner Twin Turbo Gallardos (or Titan TTG's, or even Dallas Performance TTG's) going for a FRACTION of the build cost on top of the price of the car itself. But Underground Racing twin turbo Gallardos still go for damn near the full price of a new build on the top of the price of the car. The only thing you save by buying one used is time, not money. UGR cars just tend to hold their value better, based on what I've seen in the market.

And while ultimately it is your decision what you want to spend on a modified car (if that's the route you choose to go), make sure you know exactly how much it would cost if you bought a stock car and modified it yourself. I only say that because you threw out the figure of $20k to modify a car. That won't even come close to building a completely forged bottom end, plus heads, plus cam, plus blower, plus fuel system, plus engine management, plus upgraded clutch and all the supporting goodies that go with it. There is also something to be said for buying a car that's already completely sorted out versus building one yourself and dealing with the downtime and the inevitable gremlins that come with a fresh build.

Just some things to think about. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Oh, and 900 hp is more than possible. My car makes 1031/987 on pump gas using a Novi2500 blower.

I get what your saying and am aware of the prices and pros and cons to that respect. Yet, the 20 K I threw out is the major build itself. A Novi2000, ported and polished heads, fuel system,cam and injectors, 2 mp sensor and all the small stuff that makes the build is what I was referring to in the 20K. Clutch, management system and all the support goodies vary fro build to build. Some don't have anything special for a clutch or just use an SCT tune, others don't upgrade cooling systems or what not. Those are just extras that can be had as time and finances allow. For the meat and potatoes of the build 20K is more than enough. you can get an 800Hp Twin Turbo system installed for that much with a few goodies to support that too. It all depends like you said on the builder and the quality of parts used. If I am comparing a 60K Tt build to a 60K supercharged build, I would expect the TT build to be a lot less in quality for that price than the SC one. Expected..remember, not a fact. So If I was to trade my 08 for instance for a SC build, I would expect that build to be near perfect and a very good build from a reputable builder. A TT system I would expect it to be average build with some tweeking involved. Your not going to get a perfect top notch no problem car for either price really as most don't sell until they have had enough of the break downs or down time involved with either. Money pits really in the end. Getting a 35K 96-99 fully forged GTS and adding the requirements for the build for 20K is very reasonable. You can get a novi2000 installed for 8500 and add quite a bit of goodies for 12K to get you where you want. Add the clutch and finesse later as you feel suited. I don't think it is too far fetched.
Getting a 55K supercharged old build and taking out the tweeks and adding this and that to put it back to where it should be costs a lot more and more headaches for me and the shop that has to find all the problems and tune it properly. Again, I don't think too many sell a perfectly ready no problemed car. theres always a reason. I found so anyways.
I am getting tires really of finding a modded car, asking around about it , only to find out its tires, problems, broken, or what else. If there not, they cost over 80K, which at that point I can build my own, maybe without every single goodie those have, but I really don't need every single goodie anyway. Going overboard sometimes cost you in the end as a builder. The big extras are always a loss. The only good thing that comes out of building a great car is you'll sell it at the same or slightly higher price than the low quality build. If your asing for 10's or thoughsands more, you ll be selling it forever or never. Its all about the price and you knocking out the competition in the market. If your selling your 80K build for 60 and the other guy is selling a 60 K build for 55, you sell yours first. That the only difference. If your looking at selling it for 75, youll be sitting on it just like the 55K guy is. Or lower it to compete with a better car and get it sold.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good bang for the buck option is a Paxton on a 03 - 06.

They pretty easily and dependably get around 800 hp, run smooth and strong.

Prices are pretty good, and you get better brakes and transmission, along with the additional HP.

Shop well, and you can drive that car for a few years with little depreciation and lots of enjoyable miles.

If you want one of these, however with 900 hp, that build cost will be quite a bit higher.

Few things in life are as fun and enjoyable as a well running, forced injection Viper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235