Accusump install kit?

Destructo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody sell a Viper-specific install kit for the AccuSump? Thinking of adding one for some extra protection during autocross events. The stock oil cooler lines are very stiff, so I don't see being able to flex them enough to fit a tee in place without different length cooler lines. I am hoping someone has a kit with pre-cut hoses and such?

Thanks

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes you think you need an Accusump for autocross/track use?

Most of us just add an extra quart above full and have no problems.

Oil starvation in Vipers will occur in long high speed sweepers with sticky tires that allow high G's in the turn.
Autocross doesn't seem to ever put the car in a condition to starve for oil.

Don't bother with it just cuz the Miata guys have it. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
D

Destructo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is a 2000, with the 10qt oil pan.

One of the guys that I usually race with blew the engine in his BMW due to oil starvation during an autocross event. While I have a long way to go before I reach the limits of the car, I figure an Accusump would be cheap insurance. I do notice my oil pressure can be lower than normal at the end of a run. (I don't have time to look at it during) It comes back up if I rev the engine a little after the end of the run. I use Mobile 1 5-30. I just want to ensure it never drops too low during a run.

I see that Canton has an oil filter adapter install kit. That will be easier than trying to install a tee in the existing line.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, you need to run a heavier oil than 5w30.

Most Viper guys are using 15w40, 15w50, or the 5w40 turbo diesel oil.

I use 15w40 in mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave