Adj. Sway Bar End Links HELP!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a photo of these installed on an 03+ car? I got some from Jon B. and im not sure I recieved the right ones? Alignment shop gets the car this thursday and I need to have the right parts for him to put on and corner weight the car again. He is closed now so (Sat eve).

Thanks

Reaction score
You should have one that is threaded for length adjustment. All these do is equalize the preload on the sway bar after corner weighting, UNLESS you bought an actual adjustable sway bar.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have one that is threaded for length adjustment. All these do is equalize the preload on the sway bar after corner weighting, UNLESS you bought an actual adjustable sway bar.

Hey Mark thanks for replying. I do NOT have an adjutable sway bar. Here is a picture of what I recieved. I just don't know how these are to work? Is this what I need. All im trying to do is equalize pre-load.

You must be registered for see images attach

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of those doesn't even look like it will fit. The eyelets are 2 different sizes

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These came directly from Viper race HQ to you, ordred for Gen 3......

VRHQ says REAR should be corrcet...... Says FRONT is wrong, sent wrong....

Checking.............

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These came directly from Viper race HQ to you, ordred for Gen 3......

VRHQ says REAR should be corrcet...... Says FRONT is wrong, sent wrong....

Checking.............

Thanks Jon!

Rear is correct but needed a sleeve for the bolt. VRHQ is sending the correct front and also the rear sleeve! Thanks for the quick and fast correction! :2tu::2tu::2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Top one in your photo looks OK for the rear.

Bottom one in your photo looks incorrect as stated.

Install tip: when you get the correct front adjustable end link, you may have to trim the bolt a bit to eliminate pre-load, depending on ride height, i.e. if your car is lowered to smooth track height or lower (like my 09 ACR), plan on trimming the bolt, if it's stock height, you should be OK.

Rear is fine at lowered smooth track height.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top one in your photo looks OK for the rear.

Bottom one in your photo looks incorrect as stated.

Install tip: when you get the correct front adjustable end link, you may have to trim the bolt a bit to eliminate pre-load, depending on ride height, i.e. if your car is lowered to smooth track height or lower (like my 09 ACR), plan on trimming the bolt, if it's stock height, you should be OK.

Rear is fine at lowered smooth track height.

Good luck,

Dan

Got all the correct parts from Viper Race HQ as promised:2tu::2tu:

Dan the thanks for the tip and yes it had to be ground some but no biggie. Also the rear was correct but was missing the sleeve and that needed a bit of drilling to slip into the sway bar. Car is back off the Lift and a true corner balancing was done without the swaybars fighting back (pre-load).

Thanks to JonB and Race HQ for the quick turn around and resolution to this!! Now off to Mid-Ohio!:2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Shandon,

Glad your new set is working out.

I had to trim about 3/4 of an inch from my front sway bar end link, but my ACR is pretty low.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave