Airbag Recall

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a recall notice for the occupant air bag filter/controller ?? has anyone else received a recall notice 03 Viper

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had my 2003 done last Thursday. Took my tech about 1.5 hours, and he said it wasn't near as bad as the instructions made it out to be. You cant even tell anything was taken apart on the dash.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have a different radio in mine and they didn't want to do it because it was aftermarket. I told them if it goes off with someowne in that seat there in deep doo doo. Now there going to do it.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my car done, and I have a double din stereo on my car, they got it done no problem.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Report Receipt Date: FEB 06, 2013
NHTSA Campaign Number: 13V040000
Component(s): AIR BAGS
All Products Associated with this Recall expand
Details close
Manufacturer: Chrysler Group LLC

SUMMARY:
Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2003 and 2004 Dodge Viper vehicles manufactured from November 1, 2001, through June 30, 2004. A component in the air bag control module may fail causing the front airbags and/or seatbelt pretensioners to deploy inadvertently while the vehicle is being operated.

CONSEQUENCE:
Inadvertent deployment of the airbags and/or seat belt pretensioners could increase the risk of personal injury and the possibility of a crash.

REMEDY:
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. An interim notification was sent to owners on March 18, 2013. The recall began on March 26, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403.

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+3 on the double-din. Since I custom installed it, I removed it for them so no scratches or excuses. Took little over hour and then I re-installed audio system, selected Korn from the playlist, pressed the red button for the real sound system from Belanger and hit the road

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got my car back yesterday after 10 days in the shop. It took the Viper Tech 12 hours to change this recall item. They must have left the doors open for the whole time. My car was coated with dust inside and out, finger prints, and bird crap to boot. Never will I go back to this dealer for work on my car. I had a recal on my Lexus and I got it back washed, Vac, and a full tank of gas. Go figure. They also gave me a loaner at no charge.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unbelievable, wow!. See my post above - took my tech less than the allotted time. He said it really wasn't that bad, and you couldn't even tell anything was done. 12 hours??? My car was at the dealer for the recall, PA state inspection, installation for 4 new rotors and brakes, and tranny fluid change, and the whole of that too them about 4 hours. And the car was as pristine when I picked it up.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know what to say except that I wont be going back. Not much I can do about it except clean it up. Which I did as soon as I got it home. Some people have no regards for others belongings.