Alignment specs

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick,

Your camber estimates are a good starting place - maybe more up front. Vipers can work with some truly fearsome amounts of toe-out up front and toe-in at the rear. I was on Hoosier's website the other day and saw that they were running a closeout special on A3SO3s in Viper sizes.

As far as dartiness goes, it's all a matter of what you can tolerate.

Lowering the car about 3/4" all the way around helps a bunch. Sean Roe sells a very reasonably-priced kit to give you threaded spring perches.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Richard,

Your specific settings for an autocross will kind of depend however on the speed of the AX and the "tightness" of the corners along with the ride height, shocks, and anti roll bar.

I've found an alignment spec that works great in MOST situations. Figure this:

Front:
Camber: -1.8 to -2.1 (I usually go -1.9)
Caster: 5.8 to 6.2 (More caster will fix the "Darting")
Toe: +1/16 (out) each side, 1/8 total

Rear:
Camber: -1.4 to -1.6 (I usually go -1.5)
Toe: -1/16 (in) each side, -1/8 total

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards,

David Tittle

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Richard..."The Year Matters" If you stated it, I missed it!
Your "darty" complaint in stock alignment makes me guess you have a 92-94 RT..maybe a 95 ?

Also: there are "sport shims" that can simply be removed for an "Occasional" Auto-X event! This achieves a good negative camber factor, and still lets you return to "street trim" in just a few short minutes.

By far the best way to go is a permanent alignment, as Dave Tittle suggests...but "kiss your tire life goodbye, and enjoy the ride." You can have MAX tire life, or MAX handling.....but you cannot have both!

JonB~~~~~:<~

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any specs for a 98 GTS with MXX3's 335's out back and 325's in the front. I will be doing the occasional track event. The shocks have been revalved as well.
I will sacrifice tire life for performance.

Thanks
James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang