An interesting idea

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has become common knowledge that the '00+ Vipers do not respond as well to exhaust mods as do the pre-'00 cars. This is presumed to be a result of the milder cam. I would very much like to see dyno results from someone adding 1.7 roller rockers to an otherwise bolt-on only '00+ car (i.e., no heads, no cam). I suspect most of the HP deficit seen in headers+exhaust '00+ cars would disappear with the addition of these rockers, as the increased lift and duration would negate most of the effects of the milder cam. It's certainly a less radical, and much less expensive, change than swapping heads.

Anyone game (Wayne, where are you) ? For that matter, are there any tuners out there who have tried adding just 1.7 rockers, and would be willing to share results?

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help with that question..all my mods done at once
after nitrous added.I'm sure TNT,Hennessey etc
have done so many dyno runs they can tell you
if adding a coontail really adds 5 HP!
Anyhow just pull the cats use Borla sportsman..
exhaust will work at peak.

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that 1.7 roller rockers by themselves will give very little increase in power if any, maybe 5+hp if lucky. The main purpose of roller rockers as I understand it is increased reliablity and lower valve train friction with high rpm and or high lift cams.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These and other answers coming soon! I will be testing a variety of setups and posting the results on the board.
Stay tuned!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude