Another 10 sec Gen 4

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I finally got into the 10's. My car is a 2008 Coupe with Belanger headers, the Moper ECU and DC performance Ported intake.
Running on Nitto NT05R's, DA was around 400ft

60' 1.742
1/4 10.965
MPH 128.81

I only got to make 2 full passes before I got the boot for not having a cage. This was my first time at this Track. One problem I had was i was banging on my rev limiter about 100ft before the finish thats why the MPH is down a little.
I thought the Gen 4's could do around 132-133mph with the mopar ecu, is that about right?

With a little more track time and maybe some better air I think I could crack a 10.7.

Thanks for reading :2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes you think just how impressive Jamie Furmans 10 second run(10.9 ) really was as he was totally stock rght down to the tires.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps with the mods your running your correct you should be in the low 130s no problem (my gen 4 stock not broken in trapped 129.7 on a 11.3 run)

OP
OP
C

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ps with the mods your running your correct you should be in the low 130s no problem (my gen 4 stock not broken in trapped 129.7 on a 11.3 run)

What was the DA on that 11.3 run?

I did lose some mph as i was bouning off the rev limiter for the last 100ft

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the DA on that 11.3 run?

I did lose some mph as i was bouning off the rev limiter for the last 100ft
Done at Englishtown (believe around 200-300 )on a warm day (80 plus degrees )

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one night my car barely trapps 121..another night near 125 mph..And its only a gen3 around 480 rwhp...128 on this night could easily be 132 in differant weather for you..

Congrats on the 10's

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got into the 10's. My car is a 2008 Coupe with Belanger headers, the Moper ECU and DC performance Ported intake.
Running on Nitto NT05R's, DA was around 400ft

60' 1.742
1/4 10.965
MPH 128.81

I only got to make 2 full passes before I got the boot for not having a cage. This was my first time at this Track. One problem I had was i was banging on my rev limiter about 100ft before the finish thats why the MPH is down a little.
I thought the Gen 4's could do around 132-133mph with the mopar ecu, is that about right?

With a little more track time and maybe some better air I think I could crack a 10.7.

Thanks for reading :2tu:

Nice job!

Are you sure it was the rev limiter?? What gear were you in? I ran nearly 134 in 4th with a shorter tire and didn't even come close to redline.

OP
OP
C

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice job!

Are you sure it was the rev limiter?? What gear were you in? I ran nearly 134 in 4th with a shorter tire and didn't even come close to redline.

100% i was boucing off the rev limiter in 3rd gear which as other have stated is around the 132-133mph range

Thnaks for all the comments

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run for sure but you wont reach 10.7 with a 60' time of 1.742 you will need to get that down to 1.5. area. That's the hard part with these cars. That bite usually breaks something.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There was a mention to how things can break trying to get a good ET, we struggled with driveline issues on Drag Vipers until we changed to automatic transmissions. Then they were very reliable.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your comparing different gen's and a stock car with exhaust and gears to a 8 second auto car? I've made a lot of 1.6 60 ft passes no problems yet fingers crossed

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, I found it cheaper and stronger to change cars. I still have the Viper and still love the car, but for drag racing I went to a 68 road runner with a high powered 600 hp 440 big block, a 727 TCI trans/trans break and a dana 60 rear end. Running 10.7 128 mph. Its way different than the Viper. Scared the crap out of me the first time. Its just the way to go for me after breaking half shafts, output shafts. Even with the OSGiken it still has way to many weak links for drag racing. I agree with the automatic setup but then you really are going to trash the car with roll bars etc. It's even hard to get into a full size drag car let alone the Viper. To me I like the Viper to do both and anything under 11.5 NHRA requirements make the car uncomfortable. Still enjoying your tune and hope your current ventures do well for you.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree, the Viper is not designed as a drag racer. We built many Vipers for the drags and the one mile, there was always a point at which you change the whole nature of the car. There are some minor mods you can make to each Gen to make it better and more reliable at the drags while still keeping it good for the road course and high speed stuff.

We have run a few Drag Pack V10's. Thats a neat drag car. What is amazing is how effortlessly they clicks of those 9 seconds runs, no drama. Other cars with the same ET can be a handful to control.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan I bet that was fun to run the drag pack.

Dodge had one out at Sonoma Raceway a couple years back. SWEET that's a car made for the strip. I love drag racing my Viper at Sonoma Raceway and it was fairly quick running 11.55 with your mail in computer tune. I had what I thought was a pretty good setup with 3:55 OSGiken high performance half shafts. 18"ssr wheels M&H drag radials. It was lets go racing Wednesday nights. Drive in get teched out and go to the line for a easy night of fun. I never could win a bracket race but had a blast driving 124 mph in the 1/4 mile. What it needed was Suspension to sit that car down at launch. I just weighed out the difference between a different car and the Viper and the 68 Roadrunner won out. I still have the Viper, but the roadrunner is freaking quick at launch with the trans brake 4 link suspension,14" slicks really fires you off the line. 60 1.4 The bad part is you have to put it on a trailer to go and come where the Viper just needed the right air pressures to race or drive on the road. Pretty reliable car actually. I have had my viper ro 10 years now. NO REGRETS.