another post about windows raising too far on 06 coupes

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you ask or suggest, yes I did many searches for this problem and have read and performed some with zero success.

My question is, has anyone gotten a definitive answer as to what causes and the fix for this problem? Seems kinda common so there must be someone out there with a fix that works.

Thanks to all, John

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Need to replace the regulator. I seem to of had less issues with the replacements.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you ask or suggest, yes I did many searches for this problem and have read and performed some with zero success.

My question is, has anyone gotten a definitive answer as to what causes and the fix for this problem? Seems kinda common so there must be someone out there with a fix that works.

Thanks to all, John

Well I replaced both on my 06 coupe and the reason it happens is POOR design and/or materials. (thank you Daimler) anyway...both of mine (left-right) were separated at the base where the screw meets the motor. Then when water enters through the door and puddles at the bottom of the door the screw begins to rust and as you use it more and more it binds and bingo you close your door and the glass hangs up on the edge of the door opening. Like Dan said. Do yourself a favor and replace the regulator because the window sweep (plastic that attached to the inner door panel) and is held on by staples (thank you again Daimler) WILL eventually come off and the only way to attach it is to replace the complete door panel $$$$ So in the long run it will be cheaper and less aggravating to replace the regulator. Hope this helps and good luck.

Kenny

GEN 3 and GEN 5

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A good point that Kenny brought up. If you are going to replace the regulator yourself, you have to be very careful removing the door panel. There is a plastic molding on top of the door panel that will break if you just try to lift the panel
off once all the screws are removed. When the panel is ready to come off, use a long screwdriver and a flashlight to push up on the two retaining clips that hold the upper part of the panel on. You need to lift the bottom of the panel out and look under it to do this. The molding is only serviceable with the panel (about $900).

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My problem on my 06 is when I row the windows up with the drivers door left open, then shut the door it will hit the top frame of my coupe . We should row it up with the door shut therefore the window will drop down .

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all. Will order a new regulator Monday. Dan thank you for the warnings, too late! Broke the little black plastic strip on passenger side. Cheap good fix, get some black weatherstrip adhesive on a screwdriver blade. flat tip of course. Gently lift unbroken piece and slide adhesive under it. To hold it in place, use tape from inside door to outside. Works fine and unnoticeable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62