Another Record for the ACR - Miller Motorsports Park

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dodge Viper may be out of production and only the last few remain at a handful of Dodge Dealerships, but it’s still setting lap records wherever it shows its fangs. Last Monday, veteran road racer Kuno Wittmer took a production street legal Viper to the world class Miller Motorsports park in Tooele, Utah and blazed a new lap record. Wittmer drove his venomous V10 powered ride around the 3.048 mile course in just under two minutes – 1:59.995 to be exact. This shattered the previous times that were held by a ZR1 Corvette by more than three seconds.

Might have to get one of those someday. Honestly owning a ACR Gen4 at this point is like rolling around in a mobile trophy.:headbang:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is the ACR X, not the street version. Regardless,it's cool to see what the Viper can do.:2tu:

NOT SO !!

The new TRACK RECORD was set in a STOCK G4 ACR, OEM original in every way, including Michelin Sport Cup tires....... just like you buy from a Dodge Dealer. NOTHING was altered or removed but the 4 center caps...only additions was 6-pt driver harness and a camera and a race-timing transponder. The ACR-x is many seconds faster still!

Thanx for sharing , makes me proud to be a Viper Owner ! :D :2tu:

ME TOO, esp an ACR! If enuf owners feel like we do, and post their congrats, maybe Dodge will try to tackle even MORE track records! {Its not inexpensive}

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NOT SO !!

ME TOO, esp an ACR! If enuf owners feel like we do, and post their congrats, maybe Dodge will try to tackle even MORE track records! {Its not inexpensive}

I congratulate Dodge for their achievements and would be even better if they would take this car to the Ring with a driver spending a little more time to familiarize with the track there.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like an '09 to me, don't see any aero cutouts in the wing.
Jon?

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You sir are wrong!! read the the full artical IT IS THE STREET VERSION!!! NOT THE X

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the person who did the video.;)
When the video stops, at the end the title says ACR-X.They should clear up the confusion, it's not my job;)

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool!! Congrats to Kuno and Dodge!!

I sure hope that when we get closer to the new Viper's launch and "leaked" photos that eventually do surface that the articles will state:

"something covered in hideous body cladding and sounding just like a Viper shattered the track record today at..."

and

"a man dressed in a trenchcoat and sporting an obviously fake handlebar moustache and a HUGE GRIN on his face denied he is Dodge CEO Ralph Gilles. When asked what car was going so fast despite the body cladding, the still grinning man stated "No comment""

Regards,
Aaron

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news for Viper. People are still talking about a car that is not produced for 2011. We are all gearing up for next year.

Bruce

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the person who did the video.;)
When the video stops, at the end the title says ACR-X.They should clear up the confusion, it's not my job;)

Its clear its an ACR rather than the X also as when Kuno steps out the key still in ignition chimes loudly. Congrats to Kuno but I would like to see an ALMS or Grand Am cup hot shoe knock another second off the time. Pruett, get in that car for us !!!!!!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to Gooo. Now the rest of the left over ACR's will be sold......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like an '09 to me, don't see any aero cutouts in the wing. Jon?

I can assure you that the newest lap record car was a bone-stock Gen 4 ACR, regardless of some of the photos which may even be 'stock images' of Kuno in many of his ACR-drives.

As stated in the link, he actually broke the record more than once before setting the new record !

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can assure you that the newest lap record car was a bone-stock 2010 ACR, regardless of some of the photos which may even be 'stock images' of Kuno in many of his ACR-drives.

As stated in the link, he actually broke the record more than once before setting the new record !

Okay, but I'm looking at the video not photos.
Do you see aero cutouts in the wingplates?
I don't.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, but I'm looking at the video not photos.
Do you see aero cutouts in the wingplates? I don't.

I confess I am a social-media-dinosaur, starting to fossilize in places....almost extinct.

I dunno....I might be able to view a video....but it would have to be a quick-loading file, and Id need a link. {please} Is this the same video header to also INCORRECTLY say it was an -X !?!?? maybe it was a Laguna stock video? Miller record breaker-setter was a GEN 4 OE engineering fleet car......

Last edited:

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I confess I am a social-media-dinosaur, starting to fossilize in places....almost extinct.

I dunno....I might be able to view a video....but it would have to be a quick-loading file, and Id need a link. {please} Is this the same video header to also INCORRECTLY say it was an -X !?!?? maybe it was a Laguna stock video? Miller record breaker-setter was a 2010 OE engineering fleet car......

I believe this is the video they are referring to
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11bKVQwNtmk[/media]

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job SRT!!! I wish they would put up an in-car video of a complete lap...I am curious if he used 5th gear, and of course, what gears he used throughout the course. Kuno is a Pro driver...I doubt that much more can be gotten out of the car, although conditions change a lot at that course over the course of even a day. I don't think they made the white ACR in 09 did they?

Last edited: