Another Viper crash in NY today

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Rami on another forum posted a photo of a white and blue SRT coupe with an aero kit that looks like it met a pole in the right front. Hood, fender, door and wheel are missing or banged up.

You must be registered for see images

I'm pretty sure it's not Tommy's (Rolstar) car but it freaked me out. Anyone know anything?:dunno: This is like #4 in the past week hasn't it?:(

--RS

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ugh... it is bordering on the point of making people put their cars away by force! I hope the driver came out OK, but seeing as the passenger cabin is in tact and the hit is Passenger, I would expect he is probably fine. However... if there was a passenger, eesh!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Rami on another forum posted a photo of a white and blue SRT coupe with an aero kit that looks like it met a pole in the right front. Hood, fender, door and wheel are missing or banged up.

You must be registered for see images

I'm pretty sure it's not Tommy's (Rolstar) car but it freaked me out. Anyone know anything?:dunno: This is like #4 in the past week hasn't it?:(

--RS

Not Rolstar's car. He was at the Somerville cruise night and he has a windshield decal I believe.

http://forums.viperclub.org/general...s-bridgewater-somerville-nj-cruise-night.html

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh my, 4th one this week, if this keeps up my viper with be worth a bundle $$$, for the most part from the pictures I have seen lately, vipers seem to hold up very well in a crash, the cabins seem to keep shape, that’s a very good thing for the people inside, be careful everyone and let this be the last I hope

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was never a big believer in putting my car away for the wimter but this car is just not good in the cold weather....

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, I hope everyone walked away okay.

Unfortunately all these Viper crashes the past few years are sure not going to help the new Viper having "switchable" electronic aids when it comes out. The concensus will be that we all need them to keep us safe because we don't know how to drive and the car is obviously unsafe without them, right? Wrong, but the data will point to that ridiculous conclusion.

I sure hope it does not come to that permanent aid aspect on the newer cars. Accidents happen, no doubt, but people need to be more aware of their surroundings and more aware of how this car really drives before they flog it all over. At this rate, it will be the most expensive car to insure as they seem to be dropping like flies. This accident did not look good.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not good. Hope the driver is OK. I had my Viper out this morning, air temp low 40s, put about 50 EASY miles on here. NO funny stuff at all, and I never really got on her. The PS2s were just fine, but I didn't want to push it.

Of course, we don't know that cold weather/hard tires caused this. Could have been anything.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does not look like a slow-speed 55-70 mph spinout.....

We dont know that hard tires, cold or damp caused this.......but we DO know that colder weather does diminish traction even on GOOD tires...damp weather is even worse,,,,,....and cold + damp kills traction on old, hard tires. When the car re-surfaces, wanna bet it has Gen 3 runcraps?

I sure hope the occupants and any other vehicle are OK

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not know the circumstances of this crash, but from the last few, it seems that speed "appears" to be a contributing factor just judging by the amount of damage.

The car can't drive itself, so it is up to the driver to drive safely. This time of year, it is doubly important to not push the car, as we know that cold(er) roads offer less traction... coupled with the power a Viper has, its easy to lose the car. In my area, up in the hills, as the temp drops, the roads become more slippery and can (and does) catch drivers off guard very easily.

If we choose to drive during this season, let's leave the speeding to the track and enjoy cruising!

Just my opinion!:eater:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know, Ed, just assumed the guy read the article correctly. Did a quick search though, and couldn't find anything.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this is the person and they have the wrong year for the Viper. The article is refering to this immediate past Wednesday. Does anyone know?

Scott Kravis of Sherman was transported by Lifestar to Yale New Haven Hospital Wednesday afternoon after he lost control of his 2002 Viper and collided into a tree off of the right shoulder of Route 39 north in Sherman, State Police said in a news release.

Troop A dispatch had received numerous 911 calls regarding the accident.
Mr. Kravis, 45, was said to have sustained serious life-threatening injuries as a result of the accident, which is still under investigation.

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do hope that this person is ok. I do have a VOI9 car is anyone is interested.
Remember to keep your head in the game & not your Testrone......

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We should all be very careful while driving our cars in winter. Imo winter is for commute cars and suvs only.

Or for reasonably driven sports cars. Sorry but I don't beat on the car when I know it won't hook. We all make choices, let's make the right ones.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this is the person and they have the wrong year for the Viper. The article is refering to this immediate past Wednesday. Does anyone know?

Scott Kravis of Sherman was transported by Lifestar to Yale New Haven Hospital Wednesday afternoon after he lost control of his 2002 Viper and collided into a tree off of the right shoulder of Route 39 north in Sherman, State Police said in a news release.

Troop A dispatch had received numerous 911 calls regarding the accident.
Mr. Kravis, 45, was said to have sustained serious life-threatening injuries as a result of the accident, which is still under investigation.

Hi Bob, I'm afraid thats another accident. Here's the thread about it: http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/641387-sherman-ct-crash.html

Here's an update on his condition: Sherman man upgraded to serious condition three days after crash - NewsTimes

It seems to me most Viper deaths come when the person was not wearing their seatbelt. Usually, if you have your belt on and don't get ejected from the car, Vipers seem to have a low death rate even with all the accidents we hear about.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made the mistake of getting pretty ******* my car last winter about 60mph messing around with a Vette...it got mega sideways, and I have never gotten aggressive with it since in colder temps.

I'm thankful to have had that lesson learned...cheap and safely!!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I can't find anything online about this accident. Looking at the dirt, I'm guessing they pulled it back on the road. From the amount of damage, perhaps a tree? Regardless, I hope the occupant(s) got away without injury. This has been a bad week for Vipers.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Sherman crash was a red Gen II and Rami did say this crash was in NY from what I was told, Nov. 26th. Not sure where and he got the pic from a friend who's a firefighter that responded to the scene. That's all I know right now, I really thought it was Tommy's car cause the first thing I noticed where the wing supports and splitter.

--RS

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rudedawg, glad it wasn't you...we missed you at the brunch last week.

The Sherman accident was definitely a different one, its ten minutes from me. Fortunately, he is getting better (slowly)! I can't find anything on this accident though. New York is a big state, would be helpful if we knew where in NY this happened.

For sure, this is a bad week for Vipers and we should always be driving safely as the weather turns colder...or put it away until the spring comes around:headbang:

Stay safe!:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4