1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone feel this way about their Viper....

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Invasivore, May 8, 2012.

1. Invasivore

Invasivore Viper Owner

I was driving the Viper around today and saw everything from Ferrari's, Porsche's, and even one Veyron. I realized that I wouldn't trade any car on the road today for mine (other than an F40:)) I think these 2nd gen's are the best looking thing on the road and might never be topped.

2. BlknBlu

BlknBlu Enthusiast

I was out a couple of weeks ago and drove by a Vette, Porsche and a GEN II Viper. I would not trade either.

Bruce

3. KNG SNKE

KNG SNKE Enthusiast

Agreed. I like the F40's and F50's but I would not be as happy in one.

4. PDCjonny

PDCjonny Enthusiast

You wouldn't be happy in an F40 or F50....?......
    Surely you jest...

5. 01viper4me

01viper4me Enthusiast

Geeze, I need to move to a new location. That being said while I was out on Saturday, I came across 2 McLaren MP4-12c's and a Porsche Carrera GT. I love my car, but there are a few cars that I would trade it out for... then after driving those for a couple years, I would sell them and snag 2 GEN II's, a GEN IV ACR, and a GEN V. :D

6. coupe

coupe Viper Owner

Sure, Vipers are really nice, but I'm not gonna lie: I'd trade mine for just about everything mentioned thus far...

except the Porsche and Corvette. :crazy2:

:D:D

7. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse Enthusiast

If you just want to be "seen" then there may be a few other cars out there, but the best thing in my book about the Viper is not only is it rare and unique, but you can hammer it and actually enjoy it for what it is rather then just tool around and do the "look at me" thing, waiting for something to break on one of those high strung "supercars" :rolleyes:. The Viper is and always will be a drivers car not some parking lot get together car, but that is just my opinion not everyones. :headbang:

8. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

It was Supercar Sunday 2012 at Goodwood yesterday, Loads of Ferrari's and other European exocits....But only 1 Gen 2 Viper! Its great to have something different to the rest of the crowd ;)

Pics Here
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/582764648kqVpGk

9. Golfer15

Golfer15 Enthusiast

If I won the lottery today I would still drive my VIPER!! I have my dream car !!

10. kyleblix

kyleblix Enthusiast

Love my Gen II, but if some guy walked up and wanted to trade his Ford GT straight across, done and done.

11. KNG SNKE

KNG SNKE Enthusiast

Even as a kid I was obsessed with Vipers from watching the TV show to having my Viper phone.

12. viperdrummer

viperdrummer Enthusiast

Gen 2 Viper is the classic Viper. I had 2 --none now and to me silver with blue stripes is the best.

13. DrumrBoy

DrumrBoy Enthusiast

I'd trade mine for the Porsche.....sell it...... and buy two GTS's

14. 46hemi

46hemi Enthusiast

i would not trade for many, but a gulf gt40 and it would be gone.

15. 3whitevipers

3whitevipers VCA Venom Member Venom Member

I wouldn't trade my Gen4 Viper for any other car. It's the fastest,best handling Viper ever made, and as morjensen says, it's reliable enough to really play with. I understand the look of the Gen 1 and Gen 2, but that look is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer the Gen3 and Gen4 look and I especially like the tremendous performance advantage of the Gen3 and Gen 4 over the Gen1 and Gen2. Just my opinion---Dave

16. viper k

viper k Enthusiast

i wood trade my 1996 gts gen II for 07 zo6 red only

17. SlayerLS1

SlayerLS1 Enthusiast

Probably wouldn't be hard to find someone who would go for that trade.

18. Jeebs

Jeebs Viper Owner

The only thing i would trade my Viper for, is another. And it would have to be a different colour.

19. ZYellow01RT

ZYellow01RT Enthusiast

+1000 on the Gen 2 comment! :2tu:

20. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Has Left the Room!

I might not trade my Viper for a Ford GT, but an F40 would be a done deal. Course then it would suck cause I wouldn't be able to afford to track it:)

21. klamathpro

klamathpro Viper Owner

What the??? Seriously? Is your goal to blend in? With an exhaust, SCT tune, and modern tires, you would match the Z06 in everything except braking. The Z06 seats alone will kill you. And the Z06 will never touch the GTS in looks. Seriously? The Z06 would be a nice addition, but I'd never trade a GTS for one. You'll find a Z06 owner willing to trade up if you're serious. Seriously???

22. klamathpro

klamathpro Viper Owner

To me the F40's looks are dated. It's like Ferarri could not stop finding places to put NACA ducts. The GTS is timeless. Here's what one owner thinks of his bland F40:
    [​IMG]

Now the ENZO is another story. I'd trade my GTS for an ENZO.... Drive it for a month... Then sell it and buy every flavor of Viper ever made.

Attached Files:

23. VenomGTR

VenomGTR Viper Owner

^ lol @ that kit car.

24. 1TONY1

1TONY1 Enthusiast

Was it blue and white ? I think I passed you that day too......I couldn't tell because you were dropping back pretty fast ;)
    But don't worry, next time us gen2 guys want to pick-nick and need a table, we will call you first :D

25. Chuck 98 RT/10

Chuck 98 RT/10 Enthusiast

Discounting obvious investment differences, no, I would not trade my Vipers for any other car. I didn't buy them to be "seen" in them. If I were rich I would buy more GenI/IIs. Eventually I would buy a Ferrari or one of those exotics maybe. But more Vipers are definitely on the list.

26. costanZo

costanZo Enthusiast

I love my Viper, but I would trade my car in a second for a Veyron... I don't think it would be logical not too, considering if you sold the Veyron you could easily buy the exact same Viper again(with possibly lower miles), and with all the mods you currently have plus more. Especially since you'd still have plenty of cash left over after that. :D

And if the trade consisted of not being able to sell the car you traded for I'd still do it. Besides loving the styling of the Veyron, it's insanely rare(at least around here it is) and the performance is incredible. Plus... it's a Friggen VEYRON...

Although, I'd probably never be able to afford driving it or maintaining it considering the simple cost of it's tires alone lol. So if I couldn't sell it, realistically I prob wouldn't trade up for it unless I had enough money to buy another GTS too. Since the Veyron would most likely end up being a Garage Queen anyway costing way too much to own and drive. ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  27. APGTS

APGTS Enthusiast

i owned cobra's and z06s in the past. Completely different animal owning a viper. I would only get rid of my gts for another viper

28. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Enthusiast

I believe he said "AS" happy. :) to me there's a difference.

I must admit that 46 hit it... the gulf gt40 is a bit of an iconic car... me likey :) - but I want it all! :D

29. klamathpro

klamathpro Viper Owner

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  30. PDCjonny

PDCjonny Enthusiast

That's a crime against humanity....