anyone with 21"s?

dpe_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it might sound "ricey" lol but is there a viper with 21" rims? just want to see if it looks nice or :crazy2:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry guys... but with those types of wheels... yeah, it doesn't look good in my opinion. Try it with some better wheel designs more fitting of the "Viper", and it looks AWESOME.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good.

But mark my words... when I get around to posting new pictures of some 21 equipped cars, many minds will be changed ;)

I assure you a lot of minds won't get changed. The Viper is a sports car. Putting wheels like that on it make it a "Donk". Not the look 90% of this community likes.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assure you a lot of minds won't get changed. The Viper is a sports car. Putting wheels like that on it make it a "Donk". Not the look 90% of this community likes.

OK, let's try it from a different angle . . . . define "sports car". It's tougher than you might think. You know why, because the term means different things to different people. Just like looking at a set of wheels do, 17" or 21".

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, let's try it from a different angle . . . . define "sports car". It's tougher than you might think. You know why, because the term means different things to different people. Just like looking at a set of wheels do, 17" or 21".

2 doors 2 seats or less. Sports car. To have wheels that big does nothing but put more stress on moving parts, more rotational mass, more brake fade etc etc. They are for show and don't show well with the car. Above a 20 inch wheel belongs on trucks. That is my opinion and there are many who agree. You can do what you want with your car, its your car, but you cant buy taste.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

LOL to your analogy. Donk? yeah. Hardly. You are about a half a dozen or more sizes too small to be in that category.

aaaaaand what is stopping people from having a set of "show" wheels, and a set of "go" wheels?

Exactly. Nothing.

You cannot get a set of 17, 18, 19, or 20 to look like a set of 21's in a 375 rear. Nor can you do it with 22's. And yes, I feel that 22's are the breaking point, personally, due to the wheel well size, and the fact that you cant even get them nearly as wide as 21's. However, if you think that 20 is OK, but yet somehow a 21 [which is barely perceivable] is somehow a departure- regardless of the fact that it can be made 30-40mm wider [WHICH IS THE POINT FOR LOOKS!]... you may need to reevaluate your opinion.

I stand by that, and I stand by the fact that two cars I am working on now, from a LOOKS standpoint, will very likely make most people cram their foot in their mouth on this exact topic. I will say, that YES, it has to be done right, or it looks over the top.

This just looks SOOOOO horrible on a sports car:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

{dont like the wheels on the vette, but I have seen MUCH worse}

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This one looks good. The reason? Take a look at those brakes. That's a sports car.

Hey Chuck-

I heard your Viper has a cupholder, heated seats, and you recently had an accident avoidance system installed.

I'm just say'in... its the word on the street. ;)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Chuck...I've never seen a single member get so f'king worked up over big brakes before...give it a rest

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Chuck...I've never seen a single member get so f'king worked up over big brakes before...give it a rest

I'm supposed to give it a rest huh? Every week there's a "look at my blingy oversized poser wheels with the huge gap between the wheel and the brakes" thread, but I'm the one that's supposed to give it a rest.

Dodge built the truest sports car in nearly 30 years. If it gets turned into just another Corvette or any other run-of-the-mill "sports" car (which is coming) it won't be my fault.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL to your analogy. Donk? yeah. Hardly. You are about a half a dozen or more sizes too small to be in that category.

aaaaaand what is stopping people from having a set of "show" wheels, and a set of "go" wheels?

Exactly. Nothing.

You cannot get a set of 17, 18, 19, or 20 to look like a set of 21's in a 375 rear. Nor can you do it with 22's. And yes, I feel that 22's are the breaking point, personally, due to the wheel well size, and the fact that you cant even get them nearly as wide as 21's. However, if you think that 20 is OK, but yet somehow a 21 [which is barely perceivable] is somehow a departure- regardless of the fact that it can be made 30-40mm wider [WHICH IS THE POINT FOR LOOKS!]... you may need to reevaluate your opinion.

I stand by that, and I stand by the fact that two cars I am working on now, from a LOOKS standpoint, will very likely make most people cram their foot in their mouth on this exact topic. I will say, that YES, it has to be done right, or it looks over the top.

This just looks SOOOOO horrible on a sports car:

You must be registered for see images attach

{dont like the wheels on the vette, but I have seen MUCH worse}

Pretty funny. I stated 21's are too much wheel for this car. That upsets you and you try to justify it. Then you come back with 22's are too much.Let's see, difference between 20 (size I am comfortable with putting on my car) and 21 (size you are comfortable blinging your car with) and the result is 1 inch. But wait, 22 is too much right? It's barely a percieveable difference from a 21 to 22, would you say that is accurate? Those wheels are too big on the Ferrari. Not my taste. But it is Yellow!!!!

Last person who came out to post pictures so the anti bling monster wheel crowd would put theory foot in their mouth ended up having a crying fit on the alley and pulled his photos down. Post away.

Also the "Donk" category is not necessarily wheel sizes that are double that. 21's on a viper are so borderline to the catergory they might as well jack the suspension up and add the extra inch.

And there are 22's that are wide like normal viper wheels. I have seen a gen 1 with them.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty funny. I stated 21's are too much wheel for this car. That upsets you and you try to justify it. Then you come back with 22's are too much.Let's see, difference between 20 (size I am comfortable with putting on my car) and 21 (size you are comfortable blinging your car with) and the result is 1 inch. But wait, 22 is too much right? It's barely a percieveable difference from a 21 to 22, would you say that is accurate? Those wheels are too big on the Ferrari. Not my taste. But it is Yellow!!!!

Nice try, but if you READ what I wrote, I said that the 22's cannot be had in even a STOCK Viper width, let alone a THREE SEVENTY FIVE. In other words, I will concede the inch so long as I am gaining treadwidth. The 22 is larger in diameter, but considerably NARROWER. I have a leg to stand on with the argument. You dont. ;)

Last person who came out to post pictures so the anti bling monster wheel crowd would put theory foot in their mouth ended up having a crying fit on the alley and pulled his photos down. Post away.

I dont see that happening here? All I see is two of the sites raving anti wheel fundamentalists as usual bashing anything out of the ordinary, and everyone else who is paying attention saying it looks awesome?

Also the "Donk" category is not necessarily wheel sizes that are double that. 21's on a viper are so borderline to the catergory they might as well jack the suspension up and add the extra inch.

If all else fails, just dig the hole deeper, eh?

And there are 22's that are wide like normal viper wheels. I have seen a gen 1 with them.

No, there arent. I deal with tires every day. The widest 22 readily available in a Viper type profile is a 315. That's it. And in top of that, its a 25 profile, so it will be HUGE compared to a factory tire in overall diameter, unlike the 21. THAT is the primary reason it looks so ridiculous on a Viper, not just because it is a 22.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...just count me as a poser...the pictures in this thread look pretty good to me (except for the spinners :rolleyes:). My feeling is that the owners of the cars in this thread went through a lot to get it right. I'm sure there are a lot of these types of cars (with 21's) that look like crap also.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck will make comments on puny brakes at the same frequency as people do budget limited upgrades to their cars. Like spending every penny on wheels and having no pennies left for related performance upgrades.

I think those people should be reminded of this often and beat on at every opportunity. Thank you for your attention to this Chuck.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck will make comments on puny brakes at the same frequency as people do budget limited upgrades to their cars. Like spending every penny on wheels and having no pennies left for related performance upgrades.

I think those people should be reminded of this often and beat on at every opportunity. Thank you for your attention to this Chuck.

Maybe so...but with those Gen II brakes you guys have, I understand the concern. Dave, I think you'd agree the factory SRT brakes are plenty fine for the street...in fact, I think you may have upgraded to those "small" SRTs behind your 20s

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe so...but with those Gen II brakes you guys have, I understand the concern. Dave, I think you'd agree the factory SRT brakes are plenty fine for the street...in fact, I think you may have upgraded to those "small" SRTs behind your 20s

Yes, I have 20/19 big lip (a Chuck no-no) with 14" SRT brakes. I combined that upgrade with putting the wheels on to cover many things. Looks? Yes... Better stopping? Yes... Minimal bashing from Chuck? :D

Here in the state of Texico I see many latin influenced *** cars done budget wise. I mean extreme budget. Wheels cost less than a 12-pack and the 8 or 9 inch drums look like vomit. Now we all know a Viper is many levels from a *** car and can stand it's own, but the same rules apply. Big wheels need big brakes.

I will remain Chuck's staunchest supporter on this topic. The Church of Puny Brakes Big Wheels doing another crisis intervention community service :headbang:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny part is this type of thread has been rehashing itself about every other week. I must ask what the fascination in putting a wheel so large on a street/sports CAR. Wheels that large belong on trucks, not with rubber bands on them to force them on vehicles that were not designed for that size. And who are the first ones to complain that they bent a rim. For the sake of all of us, please, put the largest wheel on your car, please hit that pothole and please keep paying senseless repairs because obviously you can't buy taste. I don't knock having a set of wheels for looks and I guess yes, your 21's and up are for looks, but tacky is not a good look for the Viper. It looks overdone and ridiculous.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The funny part is this type of thread has been rehashing itself about every other week. I must ask what the fascination in putting a wheel so large on a street/sports CAR. Wheels that large belong on trucks, not with rubber bands on them to force them on vehicles that were not designed for that size. And who are the first ones to complain that they bent a rim. For the sake of all of us, please, put the largest wheel on your car, please hit that pothole and please keep paying senseless repairs because obviously you can't buy taste.

LOL is all I have to say.

Please don't cry. :)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol don't cry? Please help me understand the point of cramming the largest, heaviest piece of **** wheels on your sports car? I am dying to understand! I might cry in frustration from trying to realize the point behind this useless topic and how it keeps coming up. Can't blame this on the younger Viper owners because most of the folks asking these questions are much older. Even the thread owner understands there is a good chance this is "ricey". While your at it go all out for the looks and add air suspension, a set of spinners, and leopard print seats.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lol don't cry? Please help me understand the point of cramming the largest, heaviest piece of **** wheels on your sports car? I am dying to understand! I might cry in frustration from trying to realize the point behind this useless topic and how it keeps coming up. Can't blame this on the younger Viper owners because most of the folks asking these questions are much older. Even the thread owner understands there is a good chance this is "ricey". While your at it go all out for the looks and add air suspension, a set of spinners, and leopard print seats.

I have never in my life seen someone who gets so bent out of shape over 1".

Usually it takes multiple inches to create the same animosity :lmao: