anyone with 21"s?

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good.

But mark my words... when I get around to posting new pictures of some 21 equipped cars, many minds will be changed ;)

I'm completely in agreement with you here. 21's can look good on certain vehicles. The ferrari's you posted are gorgeous. But the question here is, on a Viper. In a majority of people's opinions, no, it's horrible on a Viper.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm completely in agreement with you here. 21's can look good on certain vehicles. The ferrari's you posted are gorgeous. But the question here is, on a Viper. In a majority of people's opinions, no, it's horrible on a Viper.

And I havent posted any pictures of the Viper's yet, have I? ;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a car show I dropped by earlier today. For you Chuck :D

You must be registered for see images

Ryan SRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In my attempt to make a viper go 300 mph i'm gonna go w /2000 hp and some 26's to help with the gearing! My rough estimate is that it will go 302.4

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have found that the ride and handling of the car suffers with anything bigger than a 19 inch wheel. 20-21 inch wheels bend very easy as well, seems we constantly have to have these fixed.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny saw Ben Keating throwing an ACR around Harris Hill on 19/20's wrapped in Invo's.

If you don't have plastic windows your wasting Chucks time.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Vipers with the OEM 17's do not have "large" sidewalls. To run 21's mean you have NO sidewalls.

As far as the Harris Hill comment, sure you can throw your car around on a track on 20 inch wheels. Its your off track driving which is going to damage them (or your on track if you hit the edge of the track). I am betting there are no potholes on the Harris Hill track.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont know what to tell everyone, but I live in the pothole capital of the world. We ALL run low profile tires, be it 18, 19, 20, 21... and to date, the only bent wheels have been Gen-2 ACR wheels. If some place like SoCal is having tons of wheels damaged, then either those guys need to buy 4x4's instead, or stay off the curbs...lol

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Vipers with the OEM 17's do not have "large" sidewalls. To run 21's mean you have NO sidewalls.

Those 17's have over 4.5" sidewalls...nasty. The factory 18/19 SRT sidwalls are acceptable...anything taller, and I'm not a fan for a sports car. This isn't the 60s for crissakes.

I think 21s have potential, with the right combo. The only thing that I don't like is it's about 3/4" taller than the overall stock diameter on the rear...so it's gonna give the car a rake, since you can only lower the rear but so much without rubbing the crap out of wheelwell liners.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

As far as the Harris Hill comment, sure you can throw your car around on a track on 20 inch wheels. Its your off track driving which is going to damage them (or your on track if you hit the edge of the track). I am betting there are no potholes on the Harris Hill track.

Well I'm on my fourth set of 19/20's on two different platforms totaling over 70,000 miles and have yet to have an issue. 55,000 of those miles were commuting into Washington D.C. everyday Jussayin'.

My Father did manage to damage his stock Avalanche LTZ wheel by hitting a pothole last week .

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just looks stupid. If you're gonna be a poser, pose right and fit some big brakes inside those big wheels. And then tell everyone "I'm a race car driver. I'm really fast. I had to get big wheels so I could get big brakes. See? I'm a race car driver. I drive a Viper." And everyone will think you know what you're talking about.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So now if you have big wheels you have to claim your a race car driver?

Chuck what planet are you on? Last time you posted a picture of your car it looked like some 10 year old autocross ******. Not all of us want our cars to look like our moms neglected suburbans lol.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck what planet are you on? Last time you posted a picture of your car it looked like some 10 year old autocross ******. Not all of us want our cars to look like our moms neglected suburbans lol.

Coming from someone who sells big ghetto wheels.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or monoblocks that are stronger and weigh considerably less than your stockers.

Well the 19/20 three piece sets well sell are lighter than my stock 10 spokes.

There is a difference between the Ghetto fabulous Forgiatos pictured above and HRE's, 360's, Forgelines, CCW's, or I Forged.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP! if you will turn to your KINGSNAKE viper rule book and you will see that to "proper" wheel setup is the dull arss black spare wheel look:D Im just sayin:dunno:
Please people read your freakin Kingsnake Viper rule books so we can stop all these useless post and taking up all Kingsnakes time having to set everyone straight:2tu:
360 wheels are ghetto now????:confused: well crap I was gonna order them for the 08 coupe. Now what will I do? :rolleyes:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be talking about my GTS and not my RT/10. It hurts me so much that you don't like my Viper. I'm gonna spend all day shining it up so everybody can say "oooh Chuck, sweet Viper." After all, that's why I bought it.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a GTS with a huge wing, body kit, vinyl stripes and chrome wheels....AT LEAST THEY AREN'T 21's:lmao:

Wheels are 18" POLISHED Forgelines. I'm getting a 2010 aero coupe or an ACR with a huge ass wing and splitters so my Viper won't be rice.:rolleyes:

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yes, redblack is a signature consultant on matters of rice. Well, as long as it's what he's done to his car and not while he's chastising you on yours. Honestly, I think people like that are why the word ass was first proposed as a person in it's entirety.

I think I'll add some DODGE and Mobil 1 stickers, 21 inch heavy rotating mass wagon wheels and a farm implement to the rear of my car and some vinyl pin stripes to class my Viper up. I think that is why the word "clown" was first proposed as a person in it's entirety.:lmao:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP! if you will turn to your KINGSNAKE viper rule book and you will see that to "proper" wheel setup is the dull arss black spare wheel look:D Im just sayin:dunno:
Please people read your freakin Kingsnake Viper rule books so we can stop all these useless post and taking up all Kingsnakes time having to set everyone straight:2tu:
360 wheels are ghetto now????:confused: well crap I was gonna order them for the 08 coupe. Now what will I do? :rolleyes:

Uh oh please dont get all butt hurt on this forum and start crying when the photos of your rediculous wheels come out. They look good, just way too big. As far as my "dull black spare wheels" your right, silly me for buying one of the if not the best set of wheels for the Viper. Sad thing is 2 of my wheels weigh about what one of your Donk rims weigh.

And what to do with your 08? Well on your current track your best bet would be to drop 10k in some 24 inch wheels and get it moving!

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be talking about my GTS and not my RT/10. It hurts me so much that you don't like my Viper. I'm gonna spend all day shining it up so everybody can say "oooh Chuck, sweet Viper." After all, that's why I bought it.

So your advocating that we use our cars the way we see fit?

Sounds like a good idea Chuck.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your advocating that we use our cars the way we see fit?

Sounds like a good idea Chuck.

Certainly. I am also advocating that if someone is bothered so much from criticisms then they probably bought the car (and subsequent bling'd wheels) for the wrong reasons.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I doubt these guys are concerned with your opinion Chuck. If anything it provides some entertainment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang