Autoblog Gen V Rendering!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now if it looks like this it will be amazing

2013-srt-viper-renderings-by-jon-sibel.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/02/one-more-rendered-speculation-of-the-new-viper-before-the-big-re/

BTW mods If its a repost feel free to delete it

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That looks toooooo much like a GTS for me. Not evolved enough IMO.

I always thought the GTS was the iconic look of the Viper, and it should have remained the basis for smaller changes over the years. Kind of like the Porsche 911, where they kept its' basic shape over many itterations. But it still is instantly recognizable as a Porsche, even now, with their latest version.

Dodge lost me with the Gen 3 and Gen 4, I didn't get the same "I gotta have it" feeling, as I did when I first saw the GTS.
Now, with the Gen 5, they're back!

Just like Metallica, who returned to their roots with Death Magnetic. (admittedly obscure rock analogy!)

Just my humble opinion, not worth more than anybody elses'

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lord I hope that's not it.
That's wayyyyyyy to close to a GTS and I have one of those.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I might get one....can't wait till the reveal.

Timer says "1 day" to go! :)

F

FrgMstr

Oh Jesus I hope not. Never was a GTS fan. Too soon to "throw back" like has been successfully done with other older muscle cars. Looks like someone went for a Mulligan instead of designing a new car. And that person happened to be a Ferrari designer that was a GTS fan.

One thing for sure though, the Gen III and IV will hold value well if that is it. w00t!!1

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet that is very close to what it is going to look like and I like it although I am a GTS fan. A more modern GTS with the performance to back it up would be great IMO.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the color is bad, it doesnt do the car justice at all, need a black one with white or graphite stripes

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that from one angle it retains the classic look of the best looking Viper to date (GTS), but from the other angle looks like a completely different animal. That's if those rendering match other than one being a vert and the other hardtop.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS with a new hood and sidepipes...innovation fail.
Hope thats wrong.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roof/door lines of that make me think of the Viper Defender from the tv series, roof should be a bit lower. Other than that it looks cool, similar to what Porsche did with the 911 over the years.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're all going to be happy tomorrow.

Thanks, Lee, but it is all a matter of perspective. :dunno: If it looks great I will want one, but I won't be able to afford it so I will be unhappy...:mad: If it looks only OK then I will won't care much... :smirk:

Well, I guess if it looks great I may be in the market in about 6 years when values drop due to normal depreciation, so please someone take very good care of one for me. Color really doesn't matter. :)

cpperhead1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok so judging by several comment a day ago based and now realty shows the the Autoblog rendering to be dead -on !

We have a few very disappointed people ?!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456