Battery Save Feature

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed several threads were the boys have had to jump start their srt vipers because of a dead battery. I looked a the owners manual and on page 182 ,of my '06 vert manual, it has a Battery Save Feature which allows for a 3 month storage. I tried it for just over a month and it worked; the car started right up! Is anyone else aware of this feature and is it only available on the '06 model?

P.S. The manual does recommend disconnecting the battery if storing for longer than 30 days. :confused:

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03 had a different enable/disable.

04+, cycle the ignition 4 times and hit the door lock (horn-beep indicates success). 45 seconds later everything is disabled except the driver-side door handle.

I use it everytime that I park the car in my garage for more than 1-2 weeks. It works great! I have never tended/jumped the Viper since using this (3 years now).

N

Nobody

05'S HAVE IT. hardly use it tho,PIA to use..can never remember besides the battery still goes most of the way dead after 4 or 5 months of sitting........Its just easier to plug in the battery tender and forget about it

OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. quick2tr. I also posted a copy of the page instructions under the Image Gallery, Member Galleries,and sub heading SRT-10. I would have pasted them here, but my computer skills are novice at best! :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte