Belanger Exhaust anyone?

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have the belanger exhaust system with the high flow cats on their gen I? i am considering it but would love to hear how it sounds

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a full Belanger system, but with engine mods and no cats. So, it will sound a bit different than when put on a stock car. If you don't get any bites on this post I'll be happy to post a short vid if ya like. I LOVE my system and get compliments everytime I go out.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is going to be a LOT louder. I was setting off car alarms from a block away with my gen I with belanger and high flows. It was louder than my gen 2 and gen 4 with high flows and exhaust by a large margin. It sounded good, but don't expect to be able to have a conversation with a passenger.

OP
OP
W

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the info guys...i wish they made a corse for the gen I...i had the corsa extreme on my C5 a couple years ago and i LOVED it...i think its the best sounding exhaust ever made

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that with minor mods a corsa will fit. Give Corsa a call if you really want one and they should be able to hook you up

Ev0lv3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh my god, that has got to be one of the best sounding viper's I've ever heard. Muscle car type sound on idle and signature V10 viper sound otherwise. 2 thumbs up!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, I've heard of car capsules before, but is that something different that you pulled your car into? I'll have to look it up later when I'm out of work, but do you know a good site that sells them or remember at all how much you paid for that specific one? It looks very nice. Is there a flap or some type of hole for the battery tender wires to go through while it's in there? I couldn't quite figure it out from the video since it's dark.

Thanks!

Comin' home from a show and remembered this thread. So, I thought I'd take a quick vid as I was pulling into the garage. My Sony cam isn't the best cam in the world, but hopefully this gives ya an idea. Mods in sig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmhOafOb8tM&feature=youtu.be

CRUIZER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Think this thread is going to cost me big time!!! After listening to all the sounds of exhaust on those vipers.... and then when I listened to DrTaco's .... Wow! ... does the heart good.... But; Think that alone is going to spur me on to purchase another viper sooner than planned. I played that sound over a few times .... this is one great helpful thread. Both of those videos with sound help. Thanks Guys :)

OP
OP
W

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drtaco that just sounds insane...

if i do the headers back, with the high flow cats, would i have to do anything else to the vehicle for it to run ok (ie. larger throttle bodies, intake, etc)? or can you just bold the headers and all onto a stock vehicle and have it run as good as with the stock exhaust?

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for all the kind comments, I REALLY do appreciate them!

Hey man, I've heard of car capsules before, but is that something different that you pulled your car into? I'll have to look it up later when I'm out of work,
but do you know a good site that sells them or remember at all how much you paid for that specific one? It looks very nice. Is there a flap or some type of hole for the battery tender wires to go through while it's in there? I couldn't quite figure it out from the video since it's dark.

Thanks!

It's a Carcoon brand Veloce. It's like a car bubble, but it's free standing with a metal frame. You unzip it to work on/drive in and out of. Then you zip it up and it inflates. It has a power supply, filter and battery tender built into the system. But yes, there are extra zippered areas if you want to use your own battery tenders. Go to Carcoon USA.com. It's WAY too much money, and took forever to get. But, say goodbye to moisture, dust, bugs and smells. If you search "Caroon" on this site I think I made a post with more pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drtaco that just sounds insane...

if i do the headers back, with the high flow cats, would i have to do anything else to the vehicle for it to run ok (ie. larger throttle bodies, intake, etc)? or can you just bold the headers and all onto a stock vehicle and have it run as good as with the stock exhaust?

No, but typically a tune will help. Dunno what can be done on the Gen 1 tuning wise tho but my car is Gen 2 and uses the SCT package with the Belanger side exhaust conversion.

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I installed my headers and exhaust I didn't change the tuning. The car ran fine. With the headers, high flow cats , Dynomax mufflers and Mopar roller rockerarms I went from
385 rwhp to 418 rwhp. Since I did head work and cam change I had my computer tuned by DC Performance. I haven't dynoed it since the tune.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Belanger exhaust, headers, no cats. Just had them put on. Its loud, but when I'm driving on the highway at cruising speed it is not to loud but at least twice as loud as stock. At idle and steping on it it will sound like a drag car. When I drive around town sometimes it backfires. Sound like a gun shot. I'm practicing driving with it so when I go by a cop it won't backfire or sound loud. It is loud but I like it that way. Haven't taken it for a long drive so don't know if I'll be deaf after an hour. LOve it.

OP
OP
W

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went ahead and contacted corsa while i am still making up my mind on the exhaust...i will let you guys know if i hear anything and if they can custom order/fabricate anything...thanks for all the videos and feedback...

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Talk to Mitch.... He has built them all and local to you. He can make any exhaust you want.