Best site for selling Viper

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to sell my silver 05 vert and just wondering which site you guys have the best luck on.

I know I can put it on here, and will just not sure how much traffic it gets from buyers.

thanks

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trading a Viper for a Cadillac :dunno: Did you fall and bump your head?

Been fighting it but as much as the wife loves the Viper, it's just not user friendly. She's always worried about taking it to go shopping or something and you know how everyone is always driving around you looking at the car etc.

Will probably get the 2013 coupe but thought we'd try something else for a while.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autotrader and cars.com, but you can get a lot of views on ebay. Ebay does have a lot of bottom feeders so be prepared fo rlow ball offers,

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car from this site :) After experience's with bad traders in the United Kingdom, I figured if a VCA member was selling a car it was going to be a good one, and other VCA members would know of the owner and the car :)

Best thing Ive ever done :2tu:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars.com or Autotrader.com or Both is the way to go to sell any car for the market value IMO

The only thing i dont like about Autotrader is the stupid tierd listings. You can pay more to have a "premium" or "featured" listing so yours goes to the top nomatter what. Its annoying when you go to sort by anything; mileage/distance/price and you have to scroll through several groups to get to what you want.
Cars.com is no BS. When you sort. It sorts and lists how you want.

It cant hurt to list on EbayClassifieds for free & Craigslist. Just be prepared to screen out the lowballers&scamers

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a ton of interest on eBay, although my Viper was modded. I started getting calls within an hour of the listing going up (I included my phone number). I think I had almost 3000 views and close to 90 watchers when it sold before the auction ended. It ultimately sold to an enthusiast, who has since become a VCA member, and posts here frequently!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold my 2003 on AutoTrader in 6 hours .. for real, 6 hours after I got the email my ad was approved & available I had a guy offer selling price & was scheduling pick-up, so it worked for me.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys.

It's only got about 18k miles on it and in really good condition, never tracked and always garage kept day and night. A few little nicks here and there but I drove it and enjoyed and didn't just wash and wax it.

I know there was a post about it years ago but what do you do about people test driving?:( I'm in know hurry to sell either.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks guys.

It's only got about 18k miles on it and in really good condition, never tracked and always garage kept day and night. A few little nicks here and there but I drove it and enjoyed and didn't just wash and wax it.

I know there was a post about it years ago but what do you do about people test driving?:( I'm in know hurry to sell either.
If im about to spend between 30 and 50 k, you better believe im going to drive your car. You can **** through the non buyers pretty easily.

V

Venomiss

Why not list it in all of these sites to increase your chances of getting it sold?

Bingo!

Since you are a VCA member the classified ad is free here so why not try that first
and also list in other places mentioned to expand getting the car out their for a potential buyer if it doesn't work fast enough for you. (You mentioned you were in no hurry to sell).

Another idea is to contact your local VCA regional officers and let them know you are interested in selling your Viper.
They might help put the word out for you at an upcoming event or know of someone who is looking to purchase in your area.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my car site unseen on ebay. I had some experience with the seller on this site and others though. It was a good deal for both parties, imo. good luck.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bingo!

Since you are a VCA member the classified ad is free here so why not try that first
and also list in other places mentioned to expand getting the car out their for a potential buyer if it doesn't work fast enough for you. (You mentioned you were in no hurry to sell).

Another idea is to contact your local VCA regional officers and let them know you are interested in selling your Viper.
They might help put the word out for you at an upcoming event or know of someone who is looking to purchase in your area.

I may just do that. I just decided to sell it a few days ago and I'm already getting sellers remorse.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sold quite a few cars through ebay. Sure I got some low-ball offers, but that is with any site. Recently (last week) sold my 2010 Camaro and got my full asking price from a buyer that found it on ebay.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay gives you a lot of cheap exposure. There will definitely be some low ball offers, and there are a lot of dreamers. Try the Buy it Now feature. Unless someone actually clicks and pays your full price, all you pay is a weekly fee to cover your photos. For me it was $2.25. A lot of cars listed on Ebay sell off Ebay because of the exposure. They never show as sold in the completed listings---but they are gone. My Black 2008 now lives in Canada. Good luck with your sale!

Bill

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought both of my Vipers from forum members on this site and could not have been happier. The last one I bought site unseen and it was better than I could have imagined. But not everyone buying a Viper is a member here so you'll need to advertise the car in more venues to get good exposure.... or just keep it and not have to worry about the whole remorse thing....haha:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456