Big Thank You To Chuck .

jbrasco70

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Called tator dodge today car started heating up, it went past the 220- mark and didn't cool. So I pulled over let it cool.As I was letting it cool I remembered reading an article on VCA about filling ur coolant level.But as i didnt have my comp with me.But I did have chucks # in my cell just incase a situation like this was to happen ..First time I called he was out to lunch left a # and within minutes he calls back and walked me thru it ..THAT'S SERVICE !!Great guy .THANX CHUCK:2tu:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, are you going to share it with us or are you going to make us call Chuck when it happens to us? ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, it cannot be overstated enough that Chuck IS THE MAN TO TURN TO....but yeah, so what was his advice?? See what I mean about him taking the time to talk, and he talked you thru this problem---THAT is Chuck's signature---EXTREMELY EXCELLENT SERVICE....glad you called him and got this resolved. ~juli~

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Note to self...." Put Chuck's number on speed dial :D

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This has to be about burping the cooling system. I hope chuck chimes in here with his thoughts. I tried to burp my baby the other night after reading it in the DYS section. I did everything it said to a "tee" but it just wasnt burping. BTW, i have a 1995 Gen1. I tried on a cold engine. The tank under the front headlight was empty and the tank with the cap was half full. I know there is air in there as it gurgles a lot when cooling. I turned the heater dial in the car to full heat, filled the tank under the headlight to half full and filled the tank with the cap to 3/4 full. I squeezed the radiator hose on the drivers side of the car as much as i could and the level in the cap tank would rise and it would gurgle in the tank and the actual radiator but when i realeased, the fluid level remained at the exact same level. I did this for dozens of times but could not get air out of the system. What am I doing wrong?

Jay (the master mechanic:rolleyes: )

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, Jay. I did the same thing following the instructions to the letter and it didn't drop the level in the slightest.

OP
OP
J

jbrasco70

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reason he was called was just to walk me thru filling the bumper tank , I just wasn't sure on wich hose ,car on ,off..Just didn't know the rite way..He simply walked me thru it and helped me out..OH did I mention THANX CHUCK !
I Promise not to tell anyone about the secret coolant..J/K

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your VERY welcome Dom! Glad I could get you out of trouble!:2tu:

Called tator dodge today car started heating up, it went past the 220- mark and didn't cool. So I pulled over let it cool.As I was letting it cool I remembered reading an article on VCA about filling ur coolant level.But as i didnt have my comp with me.But I did have chucks # in my cell just incase a situation like this was to happen ..First time I called he was out to lunch left a # and within minutes he calls back and walked me thru it ..THAT'S SERVICE !!Great guy .THANX CHUCK:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang