Black and Blue, waiting for Spring

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was -5 degrees here in my part of Ohio this morning. Not much happening so I decided to back the 08's out for a warm up and took a few pictures. The GTS Blue has 9600 miles and was one of the first 08's, built in November 2007. The Viper Black is still on MSO, and has not been driven. Roanoke delivered it in late October 2008. I envy you guys who live in the warm areas!

Bill

100_2493.JPG

100_2494.JPG

100_2506.JPG

100_2508.JPG

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice!

Now... Dumb question from a Texan. How many cans of the white aerosol spray snow does it take to do your yard like that? :dunno: I mean, when we decorate for Christmas during the 50 degree "blizzard-like" conditions of winter, we just do our windows due to the expense!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm slightly farther south but I feel your pain. Waiting for spring to break has been awful.

The cars are beautiful. Seeing the pictures makes me want to play some "Blue on Black" by Kenny Wayne Sheppard. Great song.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow absolutely STUNNING!

Love the little house in the country too:)

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
-6 Below Zero F. in Buffalo NY this AM Actual temp (not chil factor). Too Cold to think much less take photos. I can't wait to get mine out of Hibernation. At least every now and then I receive some new parts and will soon be doing the install, when all parts are in hand, by then driving weather will be upon us I hope. Should be in the upper 30s and low 40s this weekend and most of next week.
Last parts received today Moton canister mounts from Nader! They are beautiful, hope to get the Motons soon.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Blue and Black, but I prefer to combine the colors. Can't wait till spring.

Last edited:

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful cars!!!! At least your asphalt seemed to be clear. Down here in Kentucky we are still covered in ice, LOL:rolaugh:

In about 20 years I'm going to retire to somewhere on the equator.:headbang: But for now (at least for the next month or so) I live in the winter wonderland.

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Hensley same here in Ashland we're still covered. ***** too since the car just sits in the garage so long. I went to start mine a couple weeks ago and realized the battery died dang it haha.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great photos Bill! I never tire of seeing the B/W. I'll have to put some miles on my car after work to get it out of my system :D

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you painted white strips on the blue 08?

No, there was a special build of 2008 First Editions built. As far as I know, Bill and I are some of the lucky ones to get it. They also have 2009 VOI9 Replica's available.

Here's mine :2tu: :
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning!

How are you going to decide which one to drive?

Thanks, Tim! The Blue one is going to get the bulk of the miles for all those Motor City events....if you want to see the Black one, you're gonna have to do the Ohio weekend in May. My wife thinks the Blue one is hers....:rolaugh:

Bill

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great photos Bill! I never tire of seeing the B/W. I'll have to put some miles on my car after work to get it out of my system :D

You Texans---that means you and Dave6666 really know how to rub it in! Seriously, your 11,000 smiles yesterday inspired this post.

Bill

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Texans---that means you and Dave6666 really know how to rub it in! Seriously, your 11,000 smiles yesterday inspired this post.

Bill

Glad I gave you an opportunity to at least drive it around to the front of the house for the photos. I haven't had my car in 2 weeks. Picking it up today, which is why I wasn't going to drive it.

Besides, I was only rubbing in the 09 VOI9 package :lmao:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-5 Bill?? A little balmy I'd say......heck, we tan in that weather. Looks like you could also use a little more snow that the dusting shown in the pics. We're about 180" for the year. Snowbanks here in the hood are 4-6 feet high. .....Be nice if we could share some of that with you. That's what friends are for :)

Cars are looking good! Have fun at the party. We can't make it down

Steve

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are still dealing with the massive clean-up due to to ice storm. National Guard is still here and it looks like it will be a while before we start to see any type of progress. The good news is the next few days should reach into the upper 60's and 70's. Unfortunately, my car is down for a couple of months due to it's color change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte