Broken door outside handle. No spring!!! Plz help!

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all again. Today is a crazy door day for me. It began when i finished my coffee run this morning. After getting out of the car with drinks, i pushed my door to close, which just made a banging sound and returned to open position. I thought that my belt buckle got jammed in the door as it happend before. I looked and tryed to close the door again, more carefully now. No go. Just banged and oppened again. I checked the locking mechanism and it was still in open position. Tryed to push "locking hook" with my key, it wouldnt lutch in to a lock position. So basicaly the door wont lutch close. I tryed to circle the indor handle and outdoor handle to posibly make it work. And my surprise the outside handle just fell inside and wouldnt return to its position. Lost spring? What gives? So i go to the other side of the car and my door wont open from the outside. So now both doors are broken where one wont lutch and has a broaken handle another wont open. Wt*? Really?
Im taking appart the door now guys, took the inside door panel off already, anyone has any adea on how to get to the spot or the box where the door handle is located, or how to fix it or respring it?

Please and thank you guy

Mark

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mark, check the inside door lock button. If it is just a little engaged, it will cause that issue. Frustrating until you figure it out.

FRChilln

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This happens to me every so often. What works for me is too turn the ignition on and unlock the doors from the inside.

OP
OP

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, i figured the way, and took it appart, the sping inside the handle was broken. Not sure how it contrebuted if it did to other anomalies. But i found a fix for a 1$ With the small salad tongs from dollar store :) actually it was $1.13 tax in. Just used the spring from that. Id post pics, but it wont let me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187