Can Gen III secede from the VCA?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you have to bring up some guy stroking my carrot? Trust me, sonny boy, you don't want to go to war with me. You'll be hiding in a cave, eating rodents that you roasted over your camp fire, and shivering in your sleep because you don't know when I'll jump on the board and make you look like the ass that you think you're not. Walk on home, boy.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you have to bring up some guy stroking my carrot? Trust me, sonny boy, you don't want to go to war with me. You'll be hiding in a cave, eating rodents that you roasted over your camp fire, and shivering in your sleep because you don't know when I'll jump on the board and make you look like the ass that you think you're not. Walk on home, boy.

Perfect example of when the ignore button would come in handy. You are such the man "Big Carrot".... Dork..

Jon

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How many posts are there going to be from guys who don't own an SRT-10
stating that it is a "fact" that it doesn't stand out and that it looks bland?
Good god that crap is so ridiculous.

Looks are subjective.

I think the SRT-10 stands out. I think it is wildly ****.

Spend some time with one and you'll learn that the general public thinks so also.
[You really think only the older Vipers get the VIP treatment in public?]

There are a lot of passionate SRT-10 owners whose soul was stirred by this car.
Then you get on here and insist on peeing in our Wheaties. That is classy.

I personally think the older Vipers look good also.
(But, imagine the response if I said that it was a "fact"
that they looked ugly, kit-carish, etc. You all know some people say that)

It is not "eliteist" to want to get away from this childish crap.
It IS "eliteist" to insist that your personal opinion on a subjective matter is FACT.

It is amazing that a handful of trolls feel the need to keep posting this drivel.

I can't imagine anyone preferring the older model Vipers to my Gen 3.
But, that is my opinion, not FACT.

Dirk

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many posts are there going to be from guys who don't own an SRT-10
stating that it is a "fact" that it doesn't stand out and that it looks bland?
Good god that crap is so ridiculous.

Looks are subjective.

I think the SRT-10 stands out. I think it is wildly ****.

Spend some time with one and you'll learn that the general public thinks so also.
[You really think only the older Vipers get the VIP treatment in public?]

There are a lot of passionate SRT-10 owners whose soul was stirred by this car.
Then you get on here and insist on peeing in our Wheaties. That is classy.

I personally think the older Vipers look good also.
(But, imagine the response if I said that it was a "fact"
that they looked ugly, kit-carish, etc. You all know some people say that)

It is not "eliteist" to want to get away from this childish crap.
It IS "eliteist" to insist that your personal opinion on a subjective matter is FACT.

It is amazing that a handful of trolls feel the need to keep posting this drivel.

I can't imagine anyone preferring the older model Vipers to my Gen 3.
But, that is my opinion, not FACT.

Dirk

What year is your SRT-10?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dirk,

Fact: Viper is no longer in a performance class by itself.

Fact: Many current Viper owners think the styling is bland.

It seems that the SRT guys just don't want to hear opinions for some strange reason.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perfect example of when the ignore button would come in handy. You are such the man "Big Carrot".... Dork..

Jon

What a weaksauce reply! Did you just call me a dork? Still using the same insults that you did in grade school? If that's all you've got, you might as well give up now. Your prepubescent insults are not even worth the energy it will take me to climb down from the monkey bars.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't a non-owner have an opinion about a car's looks? I could see that you might question their opinion about performance, but I don't believe you need to own a car to make a statement about its looks.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you guys need to cut back on the ******.

Hey Dirk, are you the same guy that ran for Indiana Circuit Court Judge back in 1998?

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally a rational question. Bob898, a non-owner can certainly have an opinion about a car's looks. Just don't try to say that because it is your opinion then it must be the opinion of everyone or that it is a FACT.

Not once have I bristled when someone stated that they personally did not like the looks of my car. Everyone has an opinion and they aren't all the same as mine.

The tactless part comes when someone tries to say that EVERYONE hates the looks of the Gen 3 or that it is a FACT that the Gen 3 lacks something in looks or that it is FACT that it doesn't stir the soul.

I love it. The other Gen 3 owners love it. I prefer the look. It stirs my soul.

It isn't very classy for me to come into your house and say that all of your stuff looks like crap. I wouldn't do it.

Why do people who don't own the Gen 3 think it is somehow OK to come on the Gen 3 board and bash it? Who knows.

This was my last post on this subject forever. I love the car. Others don't. Big deal.

Dirk

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dirk,

The reason is to improve the car in the areas we don't care for it. That way we can get something we want. Will we be succesful in shaping things? Who knows?

Why is that so difficult to understand?

In many cases when I have owned cars and a new model comes out that fixes some issues I applaud that. If a friend owns the newer car, and there is something annoying that wasn't addressed they have never had an issue with stating that. Typically they see the same things and hope that it does get addressed in the future.

:confused: :confused:

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The GenIII is wildly ****" ? I have never heard that one before.

Non-Viper owner reaction to the vehicle is proof of that statement being void. When I am driving a GenI or II EVERYONE turns their head, on the otherhand while driving a GenIII I don't get anymore looks than when driving my friend's Z06!!!!

The SRT just isnt as exotic as the Viper should be, I agree with what you are calling the "whiners"; I want a better car, the coupe is a perfect chance to step up or step down... I hope DC does the right thing. If not, my next $85k purchase will be elsewhere.

No offense intended to the current SRT owners, just an opinion from someone who likes the Viper in an exotic class; not sitting down some where being compared to the upcoming stock Z06.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have your mommy explain it to you in one syllable words.

:2tu:

Let me explain it you oh simple one: Dash, hood, brakes. Are you feeling a bit inadequate?

Great job RavenFart. Now try and move on to two syllable words!! Maybe you should try Hooked on Phonics.

Best of luck.

:2tu: :2tu: :eek:

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.. I'm really disappointed to read threads like this. I am a brand new viper owner (after many C5's) and really thought that the crowd over here might work a little harder than the guys on the Corvette Forum to maintain a level of class and positive, proactive, constructive, discussion.

I'll just be another Corvette guy who thought he was stepping UP and looked forward to joining the Viper Club, but ended up disappointed with all the personal bashing that goes on here.. just like where I used to hang out...

Whether the car is $40K or $90K doesnt seem to have any relationship to the quality of the owner..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.. I'm really disappointed to read threads like this. I am a brand new viper owner (after many C5's) and really thought that the crowd over here might work a little harder than the guys on the Corvette Forum to maintain a level of class and positive, proactive, constructive, discussion.

I'll just be another Corvette guy who thought he was stepping UP and looked forward to joining the Viper Club, but ended up disappointed with all the personal bashing that goes on here.. just like where I used to hang out...

Whether the car is $40K or $90K doesnt seem to have any relationship to the quality of the owner..

We are all hooligans! I think you should sell your car immediately and buy another Vette. :2tu:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon

What a weaksauce reply! Did you just call me a dork? Still using the same insults that you did in grade school? If that's all you've got, you might as well give up now. Your prepubescent insults are not even worth the energy it will take me to climb down from the monkey bars.

Yawn... Your user name fits perfectly... both "dork" and "Carrot" head. Keep swinging on the jungle gym set, no one really wants you to come down from there anyways. Of course you probably look a little out of place up there (at the physical level, but definitely not at the intellectual level)... But I guess you do it to get the attention, sorry for the earlier years your parents deprived you of the adequate attention you must have needed.

Jon

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't be discouraged by a small percentage, you have them in every group. I think once you get out and hang with other viper owners you can develop a better understanding of your fellow viper owners. I know most are a good bunch of people who welcome all viper owners, no matter what Generation. At least that has been my experience.

Ed

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT-10 actually IS a better car - I have the 2000 GTS and regularly drive it at the track.

Basically better brakes and stock tires and i think a higher top end speed and quater mile (stock). The rest is just opinion and everyone has one relative to style and looks.

Not sure why anyone would actually NOT complain about their own car and then dis their friends. Seems a little rude and un-informed - except for their own personal taste regarding styling.

For me, I love my car. Just saw the new Coupe pic in Motortend and C&D - think its a winner.

BUT...I think the price is high for its performance unless one must have a US made car or a big block car.

I love my GTS, and would like the SRT-10, BUT, tough to compare raw track performance with equal priced high performance - in this case, if you want track-ready car, I think the GT3 is your best bet for the money. faster, better handling, racing pedigree and tons of track days.

If you are comparing Viper to Viper - the SRT-10 is a great car and I like them. Not sure why anyone can give their opinion but not own both for period of time when discussing performance. Looks is the eye of the beholder - Frankly, the SRT-10 is a modern edgy style vs the muscled loog-rounded lines of the GTS or RT - again, just an issue asthetics but certainly not quantitative just qualitative.

I however think it is essential that DC listen to what critics (who put their money where their mouth is) say - this means owners NOT outsiders or vette owners - these guys spend money and do talk about spending it - ie they are a very good customer who might buy again.

I think the Z06 will be good on paper BUT I hoping a few will come to Mosport this year - I challenge them to 5 tanks back to back during an open day - the old Z06 had a red light that would go "hot" after just 35 minutes - ie that car was so over stretched and was building up so much heat that it was destroying itself when being driven - If owned that car I would be very unhappy with Chevy for taking my money - reliability is key - my GTS has it - I think the SRT-10 has it - that makes a great car -

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well written V10.

I think that if we can not add an ignore feature, we need a subsequent forum for the detractors to vent their frustrations with the current car.

Everything that I am reading from the 'bashers' seems to indicate that they come into our home forum, hi-jack threads and insult us because they 'really really want DC to listen' to them and improve the Viper to their standard.

I suppose that name calling is the quickest means to that end. How can insulting the owners for whom the cars were intended further the cause? Last time I checked, there were no regular contributors that worked for SRT.

Lets give them their own forum :)

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact: Viper is no longer in a performance class by itself.

Fact: Many current Viper owners think the styling is bland.

Fact:
You must be registered for see images
vipah.jpg

Fact: Vipah is a fat TROLL!

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well written V10.

I think that if we can not add an ignore feature, we need a subsequent forum for the detractors to vent their frustrations with the current car.

Everything that I am reading from the 'bashers' seems to indicate that they come into our home forum, hi-jack threads and insult us because they 'really really want DC to listen' to them and improve the Viper to their standard.

I suppose that name calling is the quickest means to that end. How can insulting the owners for whom the cars were intended further the cause? Last time I checked, there were no regular contributors that worked for SRT.

Lets give them their own forum :)

RavenFart, I think you need to look in the mirror. You'll notice that both camps have their share of name calling (see the post right above this for example).

The SRT WAS INTENDED FOR ME and I chose to pass. Why can I say this? Simple, the ONLY people that were allowed to purchase the first SRTs were current owners. Thanks for asserting that MY opinion counts heavily! LOL

SRT -- Funny Stuff. You would think most SRT owners would have as good of a sense of humor given their SRT purchase!

:cool: :2tu: :headbang: :eek: :usa: :usa:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually have both now, and I like them both for different reasons. I just like jacking with you guys. Especially the guy with the Honda SRT in his avatar.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a bunch of childish mother f*ckers! Why come here and run your mouth about what you don't like? It won't do any good, it's not like DC reads this stuff and makes changes based on your opinion. You come here to start sh@t. Grow up!

Love it or hate it, it still has a huge engine and hauls ass. Maybe DC built this one for "them" instead of you. Maybe you will become one of "them" with time. There are a lot of cars that I love today that did nothing for me a few years ago. I guess that's a maturity thing. I still want to be a kid in my GENI Viper, but if some day I feel like growing up then I bet I will love the SRT-10.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bunch of childish mother f*ckers! Why come here and run your mouth about what you don't like? It won't do any good, it's not like DC reads this stuff and makes changes based on your opinion. You come here to start sh@t. Grow up!

Love it or hate it, it still has a huge engine and hauls ass. Maybe DC built this one for "them" instead of you. Maybe you will become one of "them" with time. There are a lot of cars that I love today that did nothing for me a few years ago. I guess that's a maturity thing. I still want to be a kid in my GENI Viper, but if some day I feel like growing up then I bet I will love the SRT-10.

:) Is it the maturity thing that allows you to post things like f*ckers, and sh@t?

By the way, have you seen the SRT Color thread? Hmmmm. I wonder why that would be posted on the VCA if they don't look at the responses?

:p :2tu: