Can Gen III secede from the VCA?

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"By the way, have you seen the SRT Color thread? Hmmmm. I wonder why that would be posted on the VCA if they don't look at the responses?" True.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for everyone to read.
It is a quote by Teddy Roosevelt

It is not the critic who counts:not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood:who strives valiantly:who errs and comes short again and again;who knows the great enthusiasms,the great devotion; who spends himself in a worthy cause;who at best,knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,and who at the worst,at least fails while daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Take it how you wish go ahead and flame me to

But have you noticed those who do nothing or have not tried something cries the loudest,and of course has all the answers.

Just my .02

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for everyone to read.
It is a quote by Teddy Roosevelt

It is not the critic who counts:not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood:who strives valiantly:who errs and comes short again and again;who knows the great enthusiasms,the great devotion; who spends himself in a worthy cause;who at best,knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,and who at the worst,at least fails while daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Take it how you wish go ahead and flame me to

But have you noticed those who do nothing or have not tried something cries the loudest,and of course has all the answers.

Just my .02

Are you suggesting that we should start a car company to compete with Viper? If so that is pretty stupid.

The only ones doing something are those voicing their opinion to try and instigate change.

:usa: :shocked: :usa:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of us have an excellent perspective for comparison of the Viper generations. And from my perspective, my opinion is the SRT is NOT bland, but from some angles offers a more aggressive stance. The front view is one such view:
498100_0197m.JPG

I also like the rear quarter perspective of the SRT more:
498100_0203m.JPG

However, the rear and side views favor the RT/10. The rear because it seems much wider and lower and the side because I like the clamshell hood and curves better than the sharp angles:
498100_0192m.JPG

That is only my opinion.

Now regarding attention I have found the RT/10 gets more juvenile attention (children under 15) while the SRT gets more attention from the women in the 30's and 40's. Both cars get an incredible amount of attention and I cannot understand how anyone would say the SRT blends in a crowd. I know red ones do not.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice pics and great lookin' cars Viper_SRT!
You make good points. Thanks for the posting. :2tu:

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Using the @* thing because I respect the rules around here. Maturity thing I guess. :rolleyes:

It would seem more mature to not use vulgarity.

:2tu:

Immature enough to use vulgarity, but mature enough to respect the rules.

Just don't like bashing the people who love the new car, bash the car all you want.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using the @* thing because I respect the rules around here. Maturity thing I guess. :rolleyes:

It would seem more mature to not use vulgarity.

:2tu:

Immature enough to use vulgarity, but mature enough to respect the rules.

Just don't like bashing the people who love the new car, bash the car all you want.

Where's the fun in that?
:D :D

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just purchased my SRT-10 and I love the car. It is fast, handles great and the top doesn't leak. I've had lots of cool cars and this is one of the best.

Up until a few days ago I really enjoyed reading the SRT-10 Forums and learning about the car. It was great to read about other owner experiences and the modifications they have made/are making to the car.

Now I'm getting disgusted. Rude, childish people that haven't made the decision to purchase the car are taking over this Forum. It is obvious their only objective is to get attention. It reminds me of Big Time Wrestling. I don't care what they think - they don't own the car.

I wouldn't consider telling an owner (of anything) that his purchase was stupid. Obviously I decided to invest in the car and I'd like to communicate with other like minded owners. It is difficult to enjoy the experience when you have individuals like Vipah picking fights, making insults and taking over the Forum. I hope he isn't a typical Viper owner. Vipah can't honestly believe that any professional at DC would consider his opinions the way they are expressed (even if he is an "executive"). Does DC want to attract immature screamers looking to get attention?

If you don't own the car or don't want to own the car, please stay home so the rest of us can enjoy the SRT-10 Forum experience. Otherwise we'll be forced to attend your Forums and tell you that your purchase was a stupid mistake.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bottom line is there are jackasses coming over here and running their mouths constantly bashing the SRT. If you don't like the new car bash away on a thread, but don't hijack everything out there to get your opinion out . Hell, poke at it on the GENI/II forum all day, but give it a rest here. These are guys who want to enjoy their cars, for God's sake let them.

These are the same guys that welcomed me to the club two years ago. No one said "great a GENI, don't you wish you had 50 more hp??" or "nice, you got green the least popular color of all." No, these guys welcomed me with open arms and answered all of my stupid questions. Well, now many of them are here and are enjoying a new version of the old car. Good for them, I hope to see them at events and hear how much they like them.

This is a forum for the guys that have the new cars and want to discuss how they enjoy them and make them even better. Please let them! I want to be able to see them at events and enjoy their cars too. I have not even sat in an SRT yet, I want a ride! These things have windows and tops and even more HP! Maybe I want one of each??

If you want to talk SRT come here. If you want to bash it do it in ONE thread or in another forum.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased my SRT-10 and I love the car. It is fast, handles great and the top doesn't leak. I've had lots of cool cars and this is one of the best.

Up until a few days ago I really enjoyed reading the SRT-10 Forums and learning about the car. It was great to read about other owner experiences and the modifications they have made/are making to the car.

Now I'm getting disgusted. Rude, childish people that haven't made the decision to purchase the car are taking over this Forum. It is obvious their only objective is to get attention. It reminds me of Big Time Wrestling. I don't care what they think - they don't own the car.

I wouldn't consider telling an owner (of anything) that his purchase was stupid. Obviously I decided to invest in the car and I'd like to communicate with other like minded owners. It is difficult to enjoy the experience when you have individuals like Vipah picking fights, making insults and taking over the Forum. I hope he isn't a typical Viper owner. Vipah can't honestly believe that any professional at DC would consider his opinions the way they are expressed (even if he is an "executive"). Does DC want to attract immature screamers looking to get attention?

If you don't own the car or don't want to own the car, please stay home so the rest of us can enjoy the SRT-10 Forum experience. Otherwise we'll be forced to attend your Forums and tell you that your purchase was a stupid mistake.

Earth to you, the Viper was created with a F*ck you attitude" the SRT screams, "yes please"

The people who were drawn to the original car are a tad pissed..and rightfully so.

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rightfully so???? Wasn't aware that a purchase of a 99 Viper immediately guaranteed that you were to be optically pleased with future generations of the brand. Get over it, you don't even own a car.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line is there are jackasses coming over here and running their mouths constantly bashing the SRT. If you don't like the new car bash away on a thread, but don't hijack everything out there to get your opinion out . Hell, poke at it on the GENI/II forum all day, but give it a rest here. These are guys who want to enjoy their cars, for God's sake let them.

These are the same guys that welcomed me to the club two years ago. No one said "great a GENI, don't you wish you had 50 more hp??" or "nice, you got green the least popular color of all." No, these guys welcomed me with open arms and answered all of my stupid questions. Well, now many of them are here and are enjoying a new version of the old car. Good for them, I hope to see them at events and hear how much they like them.

This is a forum for the guys that have the new cars and want to discuss how they enjoy them and make them even better. Please let them! I want to be able to see them at events and enjoy their cars too. I have not even sat in an SRT yet, I want a ride! These things have windows and tops and even more HP! Maybe I want one of each??

If you want to talk SRT come here. If you want to bash it do it in ONE thread or in another forum.

Yeah, I want to talk SRT, and how DC can improve it going forward. Why do all these woosies need to only hear that their car is the greatest and can't take criticism is beyond me.

What a bunch of babies.

:2tu: :usa: :usa:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stop being such a sensitive little baby. No one is saying your purchase was stupid (except you), all we are saying is that we want improvements and we are not impressed with what DC has done.

Do you like it that the new Z06 is going to be equal to the Viper? In your little rosy world is that good? I want the Viper back on top. I don't know why you don't.

:confused: :confused: :2tu: :2tu:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rightfully so???? Wasn't aware that a purchase of a 99 Viper immediately guaranteed that you were to be optically pleased with future generations of the brand. Get over it, you don't even own a car.

Ummm, what are you replying to?

:confused:

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ummm, what are you replying to?

:confused:

I think it was directed at me, but I am still confused. Perhaps if I was as big an idiot as he, I would understand.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Earth to you, the Viper was created with a F*ck you attitude" the SRT screams, "yes please"

The people who were drawn to the original car are a tad pissed..and rightfully so.

I understand that owners of the ORIGINAL CAR are a tad pissed but this Forum is about a DIFFERENT CAR. I don't think this is a difficult concept. You "voted" on the SRT-10 by not buying it. Congratulations. I "voted" on the Gen 1 car by not buying it. It wouldn't be "appropriate" for me to go to the Gen 1 Forum and tell you what a crappy car you had. If you want to comment on the NEW car, fine, go complain in the new Coupe section or write to DC. Either way, stop ruining our Forum experience.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper_SRT: Both of your cars look nice, but I like your Gen 1's looks a lot better from all angles. Was it because of the looks that you decided to keep your Gen 1 in addition to your Gen 3?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I understand that owners of the ORIGINAL CAR are a tad pissed but this Forum is about a DIFFERENT CAR. I don't think this is a difficult concept. You "voted" on the SRT-10 by not buying it. Congratulations. I "voted" on the Gen 1 car by not buying it. It wouldn't be "appropriate" for me to go to the Gen 1 Forum and tell you what a crappy car you had. If you want to comment on the NEW car, fine, go complain in the new Coupe section or write to DC. Either way, stop ruining our Forum experience.

This Forum is about the SRT. I think it is weak compared to the competition. Deal with it. I want to see DC put the Viper back on top. You don't care for some reason.

Looks like more crying from an SRT owner again.

:confused: :usa: :usa: :eek: :eek:

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my GTS, I find it hard to beleive that there are site members who dont think the SRT is beautiful as well in its own way...AL...As my Dad once said, Theres an a$$ for every seat!!!

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah - could you enlighten the rest of us as to the actual differences between a GTS and the SRT-10? Please exclude any reference to style - just performance numbers.
for example:

top speed
acceleration
quarter mile (t and speed)
lateral g
slalom

any track times at known tracks by same driver? eg Buttonwillow?

I think you will find that in the case of the SRT-10 - it is a better car than a GTS.

As for the new 2006 Z06 - it looks great on paper BUT is it reliable? I can tell you from first hand experience that the 2005 Z06 was NOT reliable when pushed under performance driving situations eg: driving 10-10ths at mosport, the dash warning light light up like full systems failure at NASA - I think this waste of your hard earned money to even think about getting a car from the General based prast performance.

Just so you understand, the GT3's and and GTS's in particular are able to go through 450km back to back without stopping except for refueling (ie no ***** breaks!) - the Z06 just cannot hack it thus far.

So, I am not sure what information you are basing your broad conclusions - Right now, alll i know is you personnaly just do not like the SRT-10. I agree with you that you do not like that car.

BUT, I think if you take the time at track (10 days per year say with about 8 hours on track per day), you might begin to appreciate how great a stock Viper is, how great a stock porsche GT3 is, and also how much better a stock SRT-10 is than a Gen II.

Let me know when you get that performance data.

i think these

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you look at how well GM prepared the C6 Z06 I don't think there is a doubt in anyones mind how reliable and competant it will be at a track, Namely due to the Dry Sump and those awesome brakes. It's a killer package.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This Forum is about the SRT. I think it is weak compared to the competition. Deal with it. I want to see DC put the Viper back on top. You don't care for some reason.

Looks like more crying from an SRT owner again.

:confused: :usa: :usa: :eek: :eek:

Why would he be crying if he didn't care? The people crying are the ones who care. Who the hell would cry over a car anyway?

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig - on paper only.

Here'a a little history on GM's reputation on high performance:
Re: ZR-1
At Mosport 315 mm tires were not big enough to keep the back end hooked up. Starter propblems were always an issue to the point the car would leave you stranded when you wanted to start it. This was a serious enough problem that all ZR-1 guys from 1990-95 have learned how to repalce the starter themselves (6900 cars). This starter is $800 plus labour which involves removing the complete uppper intake plenum off, then taking the coil-packs completely out, finally accessing bottom of the V of the motor where the starter is.

The only reason people are starting to find out about the problems about the ZR-1 is that the original owners have dumped the vehicles back on the market and now are not shooting themselves in the foot by revealing its achilles heel.

Trust me, my friend had 2 of them. There is nothing worse that having 2 $85K cars that will not start after dinner, and you look like an idiot because your car will not start and have to take cab. The car willl start 45 minutes later after you allow it to cool down.

Now were finished with the 1990 ZR-1. GM is now asking people to buy a 2001 Z06 with similar problems. Ie you cannot put the power down because they failed to give the car proper sized tires. As I mentioned, the transmission and transaxle create so much heat that warning lights light up like an x-mas tree when driven hard (mosport).

Therefore, how can you possibly think they will get it right with the "new" Z06 after putting the customer through this?

The only way GM can redeem the next Z06 or Z07 is:

1. bring the back the corvette "Stingray" name to disasociate it from these number names of the Z06 or Z07, etc;
2. it must have 335 tires at least on the back - otherwise the car will be inherently unstable without the nanny - stability control;
3. Give the customer a proper performance suspension - read coil-over shocks. All Z06 guys who drive their cars replace the antiquated transverse leaf spring - as do their C5-R race cars.
4.GM should test these cars at their new proving ground to see if their Transaxle can take the abuse (drag racing, etc) that the new tires will inflict on the drive train (335mm).
5. Replace the Transaxle with the T-56 tranny behind the the engine if heat or wear is unacceptable under 4 above.
6. Try to actually develop a stable suspension and chassis WITHOUT relying on bandaid solutions like stability control - it just means that a better balanced chassis will result - a chassis like the one on the Viper.
Take a look at Z06 tires after mosport lapping days - they are destroyed before their time because the stability control abuses traction - and ripps the tire.

These issues remain with the new Z06 until someone shows me otherwise after 450km at Mosport this year!

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the new 2006 Z06 - it looks great on paper BUT is it reliable? I can tell you from first hand experience that the 2005 Z06 was NOT reliable when pushed under performance driving situations eg: driving 10-10ths at mosport, the dash warning light light up like full systems failure at NASA - I think this waste of your hard earned money to even think about getting a car from the General based prast performance.

Maybe the reason your ride in the 2005 Z06 was not favorable was because GM never made a Z06 in the 2005 model year. As for 2002 - 2004 Z06 they are routinely tracked (including mine) and I have never seen or read about the problems you are making up. There are several Corvette LS1 engines that have over 100,000 miles on them (including a 99 driven by a manufacturer's rep that has 330,000) so your unreliable statement is another fairy tale.

Did you ride your unicorn home after your track time in the 2005 Z06? Did elves and fairies work in your pit crew?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah - could you enlighten the rest of us as to the actual differences between a GTS and the SRT-10? Please exclude any reference to style - just performance numbers.
for example:

top speed
acceleration
quarter mile (t and speed)
lateral g
slalom

any track times at known tracks by same driver? eg Buttonwillow?

I think you will find that in the case of the SRT-10 - it is a better car than a GTS.

Just so you understand, the GT3's and and GTS's in particular are able to go through 450km back to back without stopping except for refueling (ie no ***** breaks!) - the Z06 just cannot hack it thus far.

So, I am not sure what information you are basing your broad conclusions - Right now, alll i know is you personnaly just do not like the SRT-10. I agree with you that you do not like that car.

BUT, I think if you take the time at track (10 days per year say with about 8 hours on track per day), you might begin to appreciate how great a stock Viper is, how great a stock porsche GT3 is, and also how much better a stock SRT-10 is than a Gen II.

Let me know when you get that performance data.

i think these

Do you have trouble with Reading and Comprehension?

Are you really going to try and argue that the SRT maintains the performance advantage over the competition the GTS did? That is the dumbest thing I have heard yet.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig - on paper only.

Here'a a little history on GM's reputation on high performance:
Re: ZR-1
At Mosport 315 mm tires were not big enough to keep the back end hooked up. Starter propblems were always an issue to the point the car would leave you stranded when you wanted to start it. This was a serious enough problem that all ZR-1 guys from 1990-95 have learned how to repalce the starter themselves (6900 cars). This starter is $800 plus labour which involves removing the complete uppper intake plenum off, then taking the coil-packs completely out, finally accessing bottom of the V of the motor where the starter is.

The only reason people are starting to find out about the problems about the ZR-1 is that the original owners have dumped the vehicles back on the market and now are not shooting themselves in the foot by revealing its achilles heel.

Trust me, my friend had 2 of them. There is nothing worse that having 2 $85K cars that will not start after dinner, and you look like an idiot because your car will not start and have to take cab. The car willl start 45 minutes later after you allow it to cool down.

Now were finished with the 1990 ZR-1. GM is now asking people to buy a 2001 Z06 with similar problems. Ie you cannot put the power down because they failed to give the car proper sized tires. As I mentioned, the transmission and transaxle create so much heat that warning lights light up like an x-mas tree when driven hard (mosport).

Therefore, how can you possibly think they will get it right with the "new" Z06 after putting the customer through this?

The only way GM can redeem the next Z06 or Z07 is:

1. bring the back the corvette "Stingray" name to disasociate it from these number names of the Z06 or Z07, etc;
2. it must have 335 tires at least on the back - otherwise the car will be inherently unstable without the nanny - stability control;
3. Give the customer a proper performance suspension - read coil-over shocks. All Z06 guys who drive their cars replace the antiquated transverse leaf spring - as do their C5-R race cars.
4.GM should test these cars at their new proving ground to see if their Transaxle can take the abuse (drag racing, etc) that the new tires will inflict on the drive train (335mm).
5. Replace the Transaxle with the T-56 tranny behind the the engine if heat or wear is unacceptable under 4 above.
6. Try to actually develop a stable suspension and chassis WITHOUT relying on bandaid solutions like stability control - it just means that a better balanced chassis will result - a chassis like the one on the Viper.
Take a look at Z06 tires after mosport lapping days - they are destroyed before their time because the stability control abuses traction - and ripps the tire.

These issues remain with the new Z06 until someone shows me otherwise after 450km at Mosport this year!

Hey, per the SRT Owner's rules you can not be critical of a car you do not own. Since you don't own a C6 Z06 you must retract this post, otherwise you are simply a hypocrite.

:headbang: :headbang:

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good insight, I know that the cars do have quite a few issues, it just seems like the new Z is a hell of an effort.

You speak a lot about mosport, you normally lap there? I live 25 mins from the track.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang