Can't Figure Out Missing Problem (Idle and Accel)

chnco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So guys, I've been diagnosing a missing problem at idle and accel these past few days. Idle is not smooth and it misses during acceleration. Let me give you guys some background information.

It's a '93 RT/10 with Gen 2 cams. MOPAR ECU, exhaust, smooth tubes. Nothing crazy.

So far I've tried:
-New Plugs
-Did not solve, removed old plugs, two plugs have fuel on them.
-Checked all plug wire connections to coils, all firm.
-Coil packs are fairly new.
-Removed MOPAR ECU and put stock ECU back in.
-When I did this, the car ran perfect for about 5 minutes and then the old symptoms came back. This is what has me confused.

Any ideas? I'm thinking possibly a bad ground, but this has me stumped!

OP
OP
C

chnco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No error codes, all plugs looked perfect except the two that had a small bit of gas on them

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So guys, I've been diagnosing a missing problem at idle and accel these past few days. Idle is not smooth and it misses during acceleration. Let me give you guys some background information.

It's a '93 RT/10 with Gen 2 cams. MOPAR ECU, exhaust, smooth tubes. Nothing crazy.

So far I've tried:
-New Plugs
-Did not solve, removed old plugs, two plugs have fuel on them.
-Checked all plug wire connections to coils, all firm.
-Coil packs are fairly new.
-Removed MOPAR ECU and put stock ECU back in.
-When I did this, the car ran perfect for about 5 minutes and then the old symptoms came back. This is what has me confused.

Any ideas? I'm thinking possibly a bad ground, but this has me stumped!

You have tight, bad plug wires.

OP
OP
C

chnco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plug wires and coil packs were changed simultaneously. New AB wires used :)

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny, I read the post title and thought cam sensor. First thing I read is you are using a Gen2 cam? Check/replace the cam sensor. Was it running correctly after the cam swap?

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This problem sounds familiar to what my 95 does occasionally. Try synchronizing the throttle bodies, the drivers throttle should engage just slightly before the passenger side. Easy to do, no cost, what have you got to loose?