CARS "Lightning McQueen" a GTS Viper??

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched the movie "CARS" again, and I swear I see him as a GTS Viper...anybody else see the resemblance or did I just drink too many Coronas?? :think::drinker:

You must be registered for see images

(EDIT: took the following pic from a later post - LIGHTNING McQUEEN IS A GTS VIPER LOL!!!) :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Rustease_viper_2.jpg

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a combination of different american cars. The front hood area definitely looks gen 1-2 Viper. Rear looks like 70's Vette. My friend's 5 yr old little boy thinks my GTS is Lightning... screams Ka-Chow to make me go faster. :)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A fellow club member's nephew likes my car better than his uncles badass black GTS because he thinks my Gen. I is Lightning McQueen.

GTS or RT...methinks he may be a Viper!

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always thought he looked like a GTS, at least moreso than anything else.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say it looks like a GTS to me!:D

This is of a car in the Japan VCA! It has got to be one of the coolest Vipers of all time!:yay:

Rustease_viper_2.jpg

Robert

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***?? That Viper belongs in Viper Magazine, why the hell have we not seen it there yet! I'm gonna buy a red GTS off of Ebay for the sole purpose to copy this car! How do I get in contact with the owner??

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a combination of different american cars. The front hood area definitely looks gen 1-2 Viper. Rear looks like 70's Vette. My friend's 5 yr old little boy thinks my GTS is Lightning... screams Ka-Chow to make me go faster. :)

This is correct. I saw an interview with the Pixar guys that modeled the cars for the movie and they did say that although the 'star car' was not supposed to be a specific real life car, it was modeled after the Viper and the Vette. If you watch the movie in the end 'Lightning' gets a new paint job and is clearly painted as an older model vette with the white sides. I am not a vette fan so I wouldn't know what year or model vette that would be. In the video of the interview you can what looks to be a vette convertible and drawings and pictures of several Vipers on a board behind the vette.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My neighbor's kid (about 3 years old) used to think my old red GTS was Lightning McQueen. Every time I would start the car he would come to their front window to watch Lightning drive away.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly as many times as I've seen that movie and tried to figure out what he was GTS never came to mind. His headlights always looked like S2000 headlamps to me though.

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I may, the art of turning your own Car into a CARS character was pretty popular after the movie came out - one of my all-time favorite movies, BTW... I didn't have a Viper then but I did have this...

You must be registered for see images

I named him Parrin.... As in, Moe Parrin'.... :)

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad